New Data Squad Press Release

NewsBot

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New press release for Data Squad, looked around and confirmed it as real via Kyl and here it is...

LOS ANGELES, August 3, 2007 - Toei Animation's mega-hit animated series Digimon makes its 5th season debut this fall on Toon Disney's Jetix block with Digimon: Data Squad, which adds a new cast of characters and bold storylines to the globally-renowned action-adventure franchise.

Digimon: Data Squad continues the adventures of 14-year-old Marcus and dinosaur-type partner Agumon as they challenge the menacing Digimon from the Digital World who intrudes into the Human World to cause nothing but trouble. For their efforts, the pair is inducted into DATS (Data Squad) a special investigation unit called in to ensure planetary safety. Being a reformed schoolyard punk, Marcus learns to channel his belligerence toward the evil Digimon, and to work as a team to help protect the human world from ruin.

The Digimon: Data Squad cast also includes Marcus' rival, teen prodigy Thomas H. Norstein and his beast-type Digimon partner Gaoman and Yoshino Fujieda, the only girl in the DATS and her plant-type Digimon partner Lalamon.

Legendary Japanese animation studio Toei Animation is the creator of Digimon, which ranks among the most popular and longest-running action series in the world. In addition to the launch of the animated television series on Jetix, Bandai America will be releasing an expansive line of Digimon: Data Squad toys in early 2008 while Namco Bandai Games America has set video games based on the newest Digimon series for the fall.

Outside of the U.S., the renowned Digimon franchise has achieved major global success, with the acclaimed animated series airing in over 40 countries worldwide.

Said Mr. Yosuke Kobayashi, President and COO of Toei Animation: "We are delighted to continue our association with ABC Cable Networks Group in bringing the newest season of the perennially popular Digimon to the Toon Disney Jetix block. The popularity of Digimon continues to build, attracting new generations of fans which is the hallmark of a successful evergreen property."

About Toei Animation Co., Ltd.

Toei Animation Inc. (TAI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toei Animation Co., Ltd. established in Los Angeles in 2004, looks forward to spreading the world-renowned Japanese animation studio's extensive library and pursuing co-production projects in North and Latin America and other English-speaking territories worldwide. The main business operations of TAI include film licensing in all media and emerging platforms, merchandise licensing and co-productions with local establishments. Dream - Ahead-Toei Animation. http://www.toei-anim.com .

Largely seems like a bit of a downer, we know most of the stuff already....not downer, more like a windbag. Not much content

Only things to note

They call her Yoshino instead of Yoshi
Toys will be from Bandai in 2008

They once again say FALL but give no goddamn date.

-- <span style="font-variant: small-caps; font-size: 9pt;">godofchaos</span>

Source: http:// ()

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, like you said, not really new stuff. And I wouldn´t jump to a conclusion regarding Yoshino still being called Yoshino in the show regarding that press release.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just commenting.

the press release has bad grammar at times, and also refers to her as the only female in Dats

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Fall?" Thank you, press release, for being so wonderfully specific. Totally killed the excitement I had at seing the topic title. XD At least they're narrowing the toys down to early 2008.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=4329.msg61574#msg61574 date=1186188129]
I was just commenting.
[/quote]

I know. Sorry if it sounded wrong.

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=4329.msg61574#msg61574 date=1186188129]
the press release has bad grammar at times, and also refers to her as the only female in Dats
[/quote]

Because Miki and Megumi are actually guys with high pitched voices. And what we thought of as breasts are actually pecs. ;D

Kruegera

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not exactly the choicest bit of meat, but it's better than just receiving an empty plate.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i was so happy at first when i saw the topic. but this wasn't important at all. though hopefully that's right that they keep yoshino.

Kruegera

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Kaida Spirit link=topic=4329.msg61579#msg61579 date=1186189969]
i was so happy at first when i saw the topic. but this wasn't important at all. though hopefully that's right that they keep yoshino.
[/quote]

I believe I read somewhere, probably on this forum, that her name was still Yoshino, but they'd call her Yoshi for short. Make's sense. Nicknames are a common thing in friendship's and groups.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's funny that it says it will CONTINUE the adventures of 14 year old Marcus.

Then to top it off, yet again Marcus is the only one of the 3 main characters with out a last name.

And of course Yoshino is the only female because, Miki and Megumi are Digital entities, like the diginomes. Either that or they are cross dressers with femenine voices.

None the less it's nice to see that the information is begining to actually circulate, I mean another site I used to frequent only recently got news of Data Squad. And it is usually upaded regulary, though it's not a site that focuses on Digimon. It is definately nice to now that this info is beginning to circulate so we can prepare ourselves for when goc reports to the Digital community of wtw, the official air date, and other new information, for the site to suddenly be swarmed with "Guess what Digimon Data Squad will start on ....." And of course another wave of Masaru's dub name is, or Marcus' voice actor is... Stupid stuff like that.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well i assume that they meant that specific dats 'team', as in just the 3 of them and just forgot to mention that, as in the field agent, since the other 2 aren't

either that or we are gonna have some really funky explanations of why those 2 have tits

Bikutaa Honno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Reads press release*

....Hm. *Re-reads press release*

...You crafty little teases. <<;

Fall? Early 2008? BE SPECIFIC, DAMMIT! Argh! >_<

Ah well...

And please, for the love all that's good, don't let Miki and Megumi be crossdressers. T_T That'd just break my poor ol' fanboy heart.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We know they aren't crossdressers.

Unfortunately the 'new' Toei USA seems to be very close to the old one (talk about one of the biggest anime fuckups of the 2000s.

This new generation of 'the japanese companies are largely 'in charge' of american stuff....well, we've had 3 major companies thusfar.

Bandai Visual (not Bandai Entertainment)- Japanese releases in the USA. Overpriced, mispellings in subtitles, music edits for no reason other then paranoia.

Toei USA- Literally seems to have damn near nothing to do with their product other then going 'yay' or 'nay' to production decisions.

Kadokawa USA- The only one to do good work so far. Largely leaves production to the American companies, releases are of a good quality, for the one sequel they've done to a show that was licensed to an american company they made sure to get the same cast and crew (Full Metal Panic- The Second Raid).

Generally Toei USA has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Outside of giving Funimation One Piece (after giving it to 4kids and dvd rights to viz in what was almost surely those groups offering more of a percentage of cash blew up in their face) is so far the only decent thing they've done, only other shows they've had released in the usa are products released by Illumitoon, which is incompetant and dishonest to the extent I bought their first 2 products and won't buy anymore, and everyone hear knows how much i was looking forward to the BoBoBo DVDs, it is an incompetant product that even after them offering a trade in to fix the problems was still at such a low level of quality (replacements being DVD-Rs being one of them) that quite frankly, just with the RISK Toei might license them Data Squad for release on DVD, I would rather not have it on DVD at all then get it from them. Their products are literally that bad.

Toei USA haven't proven themselves to me, and I'm sitting here waiting.

and don't get me wrong, every company has their flaws.

Funimation- Dragonball Z gets fucked constantly

Geneon- Most of their recent dubs have been farmed out to Singapore and video on many releases seems suprising subpar for the source material. (Girls Bravo had horribly horrible video quality in Season 1, the R2s were damn near perfect, no excuse)

Bandai Entertainment- Bandai has had problems with disc authoring and compatibility problems for years, subpar dubs, problems on releases they fix later but won't offer trade ins (I'm looking at you Zeta Gundam Boxset and Singles)

ADV- Most of ADVs problems are long gone, overlays and such. A spelling mistake slips thru sometimes, but generally ADV has done alot.

Media Blasters- Lack of dubs lately, subpar dubs, spelling errors....the delaying of GaoGaiGar. They make up for it with stuff like Voltron, the uber cheap Midori Days boxset, and Tekkaman Blade mind you, but still...

CPM- Barely exists anymore, but I believe their old Slayers set has audio problems, then the replacements shipped with the same glitch.

Animeigo- Nothing really bad to say honestly, minus the fact they don't do much anymore. Any company that improves a DVD release years after the fact with a cheap improved boxset, and offers HEAVY discounts to anyone who sends in their old copies gets a thumbs up in my book.

4kids- 'shrugs' It's 4kids, doubt I have to say anything.

Disney- Yay for Ghibli, seriously BRAVO...now give us some of the damn tv shows you have. Seems like every anime show they have, Saban, and ones they've done since, NONE get DVD releases. Teknoman being an exception, and we don't even know if they were actually involved.

That's largely it, sometimes Dreamworks or Sony does anime, but rarely enough that they don't matter (I barely included Disney)

So come on Toei...the press releases don't inspire confidence....

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=4329.msg61648#msg61648 date=1186219559]
We know they aren't crossdressers.
[/quote]

I also don´t think they´ll be in the Dub. I mean, look at RhodoKnightmon ! He was changed into a Female for obvious Reasons.