New Century Launching Soon in China, Promo Video with Ayumi Miyazaki Theme Song

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It appears Digimon New Century will be launching soon in China

We first got news of the new mobile game via a standby page almost a year ago.

The first formal news we had of it shortly after was some artwork, along with the news that Ayumi Miyzaki would be doing the themesong for the game.

We were sent a promo video by a user in China to the game, which features the song before a bit introducing the game. We've gone ahead and mirrored it, and embedded it above.

The website for the game is taking registrations at the moment, so seemingly it will launch soon. (It appears it may be in a pre-launch beta, or in the midst of launching.)

Attachments

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That trailer is pretty great. I really appreciate how they didn't use "standard" combinations in the trailer, unlike in the poster. Also, JETSYLPHIMON!

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I Really wanna see gameplay because from the trailer it looks like it is gonna be awesome. RIP rearise.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, if this is a Chinese game, why is all the audio in Japanese?

I Really wanna see gameplay because from the trailer it looks like it is gonna be awesome. RIP rearise.
The trailer for ReArise made it look fun too.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oooh this looks pretty good
Wanna see how it'll play out, hopefully not just the standard gatcha rpg every other digimon phone game was
...Itll prolly be a gatcha rpg :p. I hope its a good one at least
Guessing the registration is china only for now, huh?

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty good song. Hard to get excited about a game without seeing gameplay.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
really hoping it would be available to the rest of the world tho...a good alternative to Rearise...

HeavyLeomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only interesting thing of that is Jetsylphimon, for the rest they are all already seen in a lot of digimon games. I mean, this can actually be another mobile digimon game that recycles 3d models from console games.... with probably 99% of the same digimons, just a few new ones like jetsylphimon.
Also having a royal knight member in that opening doesnt give me a good vibe about its story... Its gonna be something about RK probably... so meh (n)

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not going to lie the theme song was amazing imo can't wait for the full version if it's not out already.
Also having a royal knight member in that opening doesnt give me a good vibe about its story... Its gonna be something about RK probably... so meh (n)
I wouldn't be so sure Leo it could be one of those games where the said Digimon isn't actually part of the group but then again we haven't gotten any gameplay I'm still optimistic about the story but hopefully we get something new in terms of gameplay because it would suck if the game is pretty much Digimon Linkz just a bit more features having the 3 Digimon is kind of giving me that vibe hopefully I'm wrong.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing Digimon like Quartzmon and JetSilphymon definitely caught my attention, so I'm going to echo everyone that wants to see gameplay. Would be cool to see it come out internationally, but I guess the first step to that is finding domestic success, with Japan being the next step. Hope this doesn't go the way Encounters did, but we did get HexeBlaumon out of that so the game failing might not be a net loss for international fans lol.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought it came out ages ago tbh lol

JetSilphymon and Quartzmon are super niche choices, so that's neat

Whilst that opening video was cool, it shows no gameplay at all.

So, if this is a Chinese game, why is all the audio in Japanese?
A lot of Chinese and Korean games use Japanese only audio even for exclusive games from what I've seen

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is this going to have a mascot ala Vorvomon, Blucomon, and Herrismon?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's hope this game introduces a new evo line like Blucomon's whole evo line! Another second one from China/Korea!

HeavyLeomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol, totally missed quartzmon! and there is malomyotismon too! Love that guy. Still hoping we arent getting the same 3d models recycled from console games.
And i doubt that this game is gonna have an exclusive mascot since in the end of the trailer you can see the "protagonist" with a gabumon and a veemon... Also it would be weird to have an exclusive mascot digimon and dont show it in the trailer, at least his rookie form.
Lets hope at least they recycle Blucomon, he deserves it.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The trailer for ReArise made it look fun too.
This. And ReArise is generally fine! Solid production values, good effort on a fun story mode, consistent updates etc.
Being addicted to Brave Exvius, Dokkan Battle, Digital Masters (lel), the actual battling felt utterly slow and uninteresting to watch and play.

Maybe it's the side effect of trying to mix the Cyber Sleuth elbow grease into quick Gacha sessions so you have Digimon models causing big load times and animations that lock it into JRPG mechanics that don't mesh well.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rearize got twice as good when they expanded the menu options to reduce load times.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it's nice to see Dianamon but as an Apollomon fan.... oh, it's only Dianamon again :confused:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mean but true TMS. But this might be something. ...What was with that D-Reaper/Angel type creature in it? Anyone know?

ArkheStar

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How do you even pre-register on their web?