New Appmon Key Art and Casting Information, Update- Cast Comments!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We finally have new Appmon key art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The new key art features some of the updates coming for the new story arc, including Yuujin and Offmon.

Just recently we received the cast information for the new rival characters, the Ultimate 4!

In addition to the fantastic new art, we also get even more cast information!

First up is Offmon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Offmon will be voiced by Yu Shimamura. Shimamura is probably best known as Annie from Attack on Titan, Cure Flora from Go! Princess Pretty Cute, and Aida in Gundam Reconguista in G.

Update- A short profile for Offmon:
Yuujin’s Buddy Appmon. An offline game Appmon. Offmon has a reserved personality and is somewhat timid.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Offmon will, of course, be parented up with Yuujin, who will continue to be played by Makoto Furukawa. Furukawa is probably best known as One-Punch Man.

In addition we also know who will be playing Dantemon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Rikiya Koyama! A major voice actor with an insane amount of signature roles, included but not limited to: Kogoro Mouri in Detective Conan, Joichiro in Food Wars, Azazel in High School DxD, Yamato in Naruto Shippuden, and Death in Soul Eater.

Thanks to Moca for the info!

Appmon's new story arc is expected to start at roughly the same time as when it moves to it's new timeslot, Saturday at 9:30am on April 1st.

Update- Cast comments! Thanks to shin for the translations! In addition, a short profile for Offmon was added up above.

Makoto Furukawa (Yuujin)
Yuujin hasn’t been involved with the Applidrivers’ fight until now, but he can finally join the fight as a new Applidriver along with his new Appmon! I’m happy that I can fight along with the others from here on out. Please support Yuujin, along with Haru and the others onwards!

Yu Shimamura (Offmon)
I’m incredibly happy to be participating in a project packed with so many fun ideas like Appmon. Offmon isn’t comfortable connecting with people, and is usually hesitant, but when needed it’ll jump into action. Look forward to it! Also, since the first day of recording, it can’t help but be interested by its Buddy, Yuujin.

Yumi Uchiyama (Haru)
The story is shifting in a big way towards the decisive battle against Leviathan as a we break into a new chapter. It’s exciting to think about what kind of challenges are waiting ahead, but I get the feeling that Gatchmon and his incredible friends will overcome things together going forward, so please do continue to support Haru-kun and the others!!

So please continue to support Haru and the others, as I feel that Gatchmon and their amazing friends overcome things together going forward.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haha, Revivemon looks great there.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa, it’s almost exactly the same as the Death Generals poster. I thought Yūjin would be a rival character but it looks like he’s becoming part of the main cast. Then again, Rei was a separate entity for far longer than I expected. Isn’t Yūjin supposed to be possessed though? Be a bit weird for his eyes to glow whenever he stalks Haru otherwise. Nevertheless, it would be very interesting if he’s been operating as a hero behind the scenes this whole time, and upon joining with Haru, they clash over their different approaches to heroism. It would be a nice inversion of the usual lone wolf lancer shtick in this franchise, and a great payoff on the whole conceit of Haru being an unorthodox protagonist and Yūjin being more of what we expect from a goggle boy.

Also, question: did we ever get VA publicity blurbs for Mienumon, Coachmon or Sakushimon? Because if not, the fact that Dantemon is getting one makes it seem like he really will be a major part of the story, not just a MacGuffin who disappears after an episode or two of relevance. More fuel for my theory that he evolves into Deusmon! I like that: this franchise needs more Saber Leomon type characters, secondary digimon who are partnered to the team as a whole.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, question: did we ever get VA publicity blurbs for Mienumon, Coachmon or Sakushimon?

I write the VA blurbs to give context to who the new VAs are.

Most of the time there are general character blurbs in general episode promotional material, which we don't post on a normal basis.

I included Dantemon's actor, as he, up to this point at least, has been where the plot is going to.

The new key art and info was included in the new episode stuff (along with an actor I didn't list, for Cometmon, as I think he's a single episode or two villain.)

There are cast comments from the actors who play Offmon, Yuujin, and Haru. They'll be up when the translations are done.

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Waiting warmly for next OP/ED announcement. I hope it's hotblooded instead of something like Xros Wars OPs 2 and 3.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. Offmon is hilarious and cute. ...I sort of hope Onmon shows up too. Maybe as his Applinker. ...What were they in the game?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a short profile for Offmon, along with cast comments regarding the upcoming second arc.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. Offmon is hilarious and cute. ...I sort of hope Onmon shows up too. Maybe as his Applinker. ...What were they in the game?

Offmon's AppLink partner in the game is Hackmon, actually; Onmon's is Gatchmon. I'm kind of interested if Yuujin will be able to Super Appliarise right off the bat or if there will be an episode where Hackmon is kidnapped or mind controlled or coerced into fusing with Offmon at first.

zxraph

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yoojin's VA said he's happy that his characther "will be able to fight along with the others from now on".
After episode 1 I thought they would reveal Yoojin as an enemy, but he might end up joining the group as an ally right away..?
I'm confused...

But I'm super excited to see Offmon in action, he's really cool. ;)

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Offmon's AppLink partner in the game is Hackmon, actually; Onmon's is Gatchmon. I'm kind of interested if Yuujin will be able to Super Appliarise right off the bat or if there will be an episode where Hackmon is kidnapped or mind controlled or coerced into fusing with Offmon at first.

Really confused as to why Yuujin doesn't have Onmon then. Offmon would make more sense for someone like Hajime, but OK

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But they have been thus far. In 3DS game, the cards, the applidrive, and in the show thus far, everything has followed the same AppGattai rules. There's no indication yet that they are going to break them. It's reasonable to think we can extrapolate from the games for now.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Thank you. That helps. I didn't get to play the game.

BM14murph

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whether they use hackmon for offmon's evo or not, I do hope they actually show us who this offmon fused with to reach super instead of just using chou-appliarise straight away.

Besides the opening and that really quick scene just before we first saw Raidramon, Proteccmon has been given absolutely zero love. Fair enough using chou-appliarise going forward but at least show us the fusion for the very first appearance.