New Appmon Cast, Secondary Appmon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have a few new Appmon cast members announced today!

The new cast update is 3 of the secondary Appmon from the series.

Image Thumbnail

We start with Messemon, who will be voiced by Mitsuo Iwata.

Iwata has had a long distinguished career as a voice actor. From Kintarou, the titular Golden Boy, to Silverbolt in the Japanese dub of Beast Wars (among other Transformer voices), to Japan's voice of Disney's Peter Pan... Current anime fans would likely know him best as his Dragon Ball character: Champa, the God of Destruction for Universe 6.

Image Thumbnail

Next up is Cameramon, who will be voiced by Kousuke Okano.

Okano is also a long time voice actor. Older anime fans will recognize him as Recca from Flame of Recca or as Jason from Captain Tylor, amond many other roles, small and large.

Image Thumbnail

Last but not least is Shun Horie as Navimon.

Shun Horie is a newer actor. His biggest role hasn't even begun to broadcast yet. They're redoing the vocals for the soccer anime 'Whistle!' early next year, where he will be the new voice of the lead.

Not many updates, but it looks like we have some good actors in line for some Appmon we expect to see quite a bit of.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Navimon's voice actor was already announced a while back?

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, this makes me want a Cameramon of my own for surveillance purposes. Presumably, this info means that the 3 Appmon will be rather prominent as opposed to background characters.

Not sure where best to post this, but the news about Appmon has gotten a friend of mine who's a long-time fan of Digimon (as well as Megaman NT Warrior) quite excited and hopefully returning as a fan. If so, I may have to nudge him towards WtW.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Navimon's voice actor was already announced a while back?
It's possible it was, but the press information of the 3 of them went out as a group as a formal announcement.

It's possible we had gotten it early for some reason, but I don't recall.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I get the sense that each Appmon is a unique being instead of being representative of a species. That is to say that there is only one Gatchmon, only one Dokamon, etc.. true for each Appmon. Is there any actual evidence of only single or multiple occurrences of the same species?

Have we seen images of herds, schools, gaggles, flocks, prides, etc. of Appmon?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wouldn't there be an Appmon for each instance of an app? There are definitely multiple Appmon of each species in the video game.