New Animedia is Out Today w/ tri. & Appmon, Full tri. Image

GrungeCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, why aren't Haru and Ai in bikinis?
Well, you can't have it both ways. You're complaining about the Tri poster being too revealing, then complaining that they decided to make a "kid friendly" Appmon version along with it.

Anyways, I mostly just think the image is hilarious, albeit slightly disappointing because of the lack of creativity, as was mentioned. I really wanted to see some cute Digimon-themed ornaments.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, you can't have it both ways. You're complaining about the Tri poster being too revealing, then complaining that they decided to make a "kid friendly" Appmon version along with it.
maybe one of those complains was sarcastic... I wonder which one.

Anyways, I mostly just think the image is hilarious, albeit slightly disappointing because of the lack of creativity, as was mentioned. I really wanted to see some cute Digimon-themed ornaments.
speaking of Digimon, it would be nice if the partner Digimon were on the poster... not necessarily in swimsuits but in general, like Tailmon witha red nose pulling a sled or something just so that there's more actually going on.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not really bothered about it tbh, I just agree that it wasn't very creative use of promotional material.

jamesC

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nvm wth man. Just (unneeded) fanservice right there :confused:

Does this even give us anything useful in the japanese text? :(

Last edited:

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
speaking of Digimon, it would be nice if the partner Digimon were on the poster... not necessarily in swimsuits but in general, like Tailmon witha red nose pulling a sled or something just so that there's more actually going on.
I want Angewomon, Lillymon, Garudamon and Meicrackmon in bikini now..

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cleaned up the news post slightly and also did some minor color correction on the image.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's just a great picture right there. Just great. ha ha ha I also like Neilandio's idea. Ha ha ha.
Really though, this sure is some picture. ...Do we get the guys in swim trunks with jingle bells on the waistband now?

Last edited:

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hooo, man. Such tease, Animedia. Aside from this, I think there's another Tri illustration, (Also circulating in Tumblr) albeit it's just a promo art on a sticker---Depicting the entire gang dressed in casual with their Digimon.

Last edited:

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If anyone is curious I made an edit of the spread.

Image Thumbnail

Took me a few days. But tried my best. I still gave Mimi some bizarre outfit because we know she's into that in canon. lol This was fun!

I've seen other edits. One was with their girls in their night wear from the newest event. Another was interesting christmas patterns and they cut out meiko. I tried to put a lot of effort into it more than that person did.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The issue with most edits of these types of images are, they ignore the reason the images were made in the first place.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hey, I actually like that edit, Neko! Very creative outfit for Mimi! And Meiko actually looks cute instead fanservicey for a change. I appreciate the effort there! (And the irony of fans going out of their way to redraw clothes on the characters is kind of hilarious to me)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is great. Really funny Neko. I'd go for either picture really. As long as we don't get too hateful of the other kind.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Edited out part of that post.

I don't think we need added immaturity in this thread.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we have to dance around the obvious fact that the implicit purpose of this image is to sexually titillate fans who developed exactly that kind of interest in these characters as they watched the show during puberty, then the immaturity isn’t on my end. That’s exactly what this is about. There’s a reason the Applimonsters segments in the same magazines don’t have lewd images—but you can bet they will if they make a sequel to it fifteen years from now.

There was I euphemistic enough this time.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How you say things matter.

Moreso since generically that isn't what the Animedia images are based around.

Teasing, certainly. Outright sexual images, not really.

If you aren't mature enough to discuss it in a mature manner, which you didn't, then rethink if you need to be in it.

Now let's move on.

shiramomo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Where can i find the translations for this issue?? I want to know if there're any news about the 4th movie...

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We did not grow up in Japan where this is common.
Which is why you are not this Japanese magazine’s target market, and are therefore irrelevant. Who are you to tell the Japanese what to do?

Well I mean bikinis are extremely common...just not for christmas, lmao. That's not even common in Japan, Japan has snow too.

The original art still cracks me up. Oh japan.

They did so much better promotional christmas art in the past, like the Frontiers Christmas album (but that still has inexplicable party hats and Junpei in a clown outfit...) and I remember a recent magazine just had Adventure Taichi and Yomato in Christmas outfits ,maybe we'll get something more christmasy later. I wish I bought those magazines a few years back.