New Animedia is Out Today w/ tri. & Appmon, Full tri. Image

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update- We have the full tri. image in decent quality now

The post as it was yesterday will be below the images here.

Image Thumbnail

I also decided to do a touch of minor color correction to it until we get a HQ copy. I went quite light because the levels were never going to come out quite correct based on the source material.

Image Thumbnail

Thanks to ssstte for the image. Thank to boku for the heads up on the decent quality copy.

We had a basic preview of the pin-up illustration for the next Animedia, but we have another preview with a bit more info now.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The issue will be out in Japan today, and we have a new preview (just above) along with more information thanks to Animedia.

They refer to the pin-up as a Christmas present of sorts. And they mention how it will also feature Sora, "the main character from Part 4." They also cheekily point out that this is all they will show of the Christmas pin-up for the time being.

The image is framed around the girls in Santa-themed swimsuits preparing for a Christmas party.

They also give a short description of Sora.

Sora Takenouchi
2nd year high school student. A girl with a kind heart who prioritizes her friends over herself. She’s someone who acts as a mom to everyone. Her partner Digimon is Piyomon.

Hopefully we get the full image and any other text details soon since the issue is coming out today.

The prior preview is just below:

The prior thread for this Animedia is here.

Thanks to shin for the translations.

Update- A preview of the Appmon image from the same issue.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They're at the cultural festival!

It's a cute and fun image.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Christmas swimsuits? lol what? I don't think Japan understands how cold winter is.

sulmandinah

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Precisely the reason why the girls need to be HOT

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sigh. I was hoping it wouldn't be swimsuits, but of course it's swimsuits.

Thanks for the update Marc.

Osuka

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh boy they are sexualizing Digimon characters again... I don't really mind it but it seems like anytime Animedia makes a page about Digimon Adventure tri. somebody always is shirtless or is in a bikini :/ But at least the characters aren't ten years old anymore so it doesn't come out that creepy.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are clearly establishing an alternate universe version of tri that takes place in a different japan in which the bikini was by far the biggest cultural and fashion icon that the Americanization introduced into Japanese culture after the war; Which is why they have become everyday casual clothes that are worn to many occasions.

It also seems that besides girls in swimsuits there's also a christmas tree on the poster. I expect some interesting Digimon themed decorations and who knows, maybe the christmas tree is wearing a bikini as well.

jamesC

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it confirmed they're in swimsuits? ;) If not bet they aren't :)

Sandra U.

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they are wearing swimsuits because they are comming to Australia to celebrate Christmas.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bit odd but that's ok. Should be a nice picture. Can't wait to see the full version.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the Christmas Tree also has a bikini, the picture immediately goes from "awful pandering" to "hilarious subversive parody". *fingers crossed*.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, why aren't Haru and Ai in bikinis? They are 14 as well, aren't they? No reason they couldn't be wearing culture festival Bikinis under the aprons. Well, Haru would be wearing a tight speedo that shows an obvious lump in between his legs.

They could also be swimming in the ocean with the same outfits on they have in the image Because that'd also make no sense.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How scandalous! That Christmas tree isn't even wearing a bikini!

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the best version of the full page (so far) to the opening post...

In general... aside from a bit decorative fur and such the swim suits are rather plain, not even any kind of actual costume or anything, so all in all the poster seems rather unimaginative... I assume the it was deemed satisfactory just by showing enough skin that you could think that they want to train fans to eventually recognize the female characters by their complexion alone.
Also is it just me or has Mimi almost the same pose and facial expression she had in the baking poster?

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If i wanted to see shit like this. I could type in Digimon Hentai in google and all sorts of anime style hentai pics would appear. I don't need official art depicting what I've been seeing for the last 17 years. Thanks, I've had my fair share. I want cute stuff like the picnic poster. Or where the characters were sitting on the roof. Or enjoying themselves with all their damn clothes on. We haven't even received a poster of Meiko where it's not some bikini picture! I'm tired of seeing it! At least Meiko was smiling in this picture. I could just draw a shirt on her and make the shoulder and headshot into an icon and no one would be the wiser.. In fact, I even am tempted to just draw this damn poster and add clothes to everyone.

It's like the staff is doing the OPPOSITE what would usually happen.

There is a poster of the girls and fans would edit it so the girls were practically naked. I've been plenty of people do that with Precure. The same could be said for Digimon!

So Toei, for the love of god. Let the perverts of the fandom edit the pictures so I never have to see it. I want cute posters. Not these disgusting "Sex sells!" posters. It is not Ok. Just because it's anime does not make it OK.

We did not grow up in Japan where this is common. you'll probably tell me that I'm wrong and there's plenty of American cartoons in the past that had perverted stuff that went over our heads. Fne.

But believe it or not... Some of us that grew up with Digimon are not OK with this shit...