New Ai Maeda Cover Album on August 1st.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We don't have all the info yet, but it appears Ai Maeda will be doing a new album coming out on August 1st (And it does appear that date was chosen on purpose...)

For those who weren't aware, she did most of the EDs for Digimon, among other songs.

She will be covering all the Digimon EDs (both the ones she originally did, and ones she didn't will receive new covers) from Adventure through Savers (Xros didn't have any EDs.) It appears it'll also contain one new song from her as well.

We will post more information as it becomes available...

Thanks to Exiled for some of the information and DigistarDBZ for translation help.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, sounds awesome. Looking forward to the new "I Wish"!

YoKozo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh god yes. I felt Savers could've used more AiM ED themes. Can't wait to hear those, as well as a solo version of "An Endless Tale."

mrcooliest

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My personal favorite was easily My tomorrow. It cheered me up for some reason after every episode of Tamers.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to hear from her again after her marriage with Ryotaro Okiayu. This album sounds both intriguing and promising, with the launch date would be that of Digimon Adventure's anniversary.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My favorite ending songs that AiM did would have to be "Ashita wa Atashi no Kaze ga Fuku," "Itsumo Itsudemo," and "Days ~ Aijo to Nichijo." I'm not sure if re-doing the songs will make them any better, but it might be interesting to hear. Too bad she won't be doing "Stand by Me ~ Hito Natsu no Bouken."

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoo! Hearing new and retouched AiM songs is definitely going to get me all nostalgic and teary-eyed. Now that I think about it, I haven't listened to her songs in a very long time. Thank you, YouTube.

The date being chosen deliberately goes without saying. (^o^)

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Ryusei" is my favorite ending theme. I'm pretty excited to hear she's doing her own take on it.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oooh, hopefully preorder information comes up soon. I'm definitely interested in getting my hands on it!

YoKozo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to the Toei Shop site, it seems the new album isn't an AiM cover album, but just a compilation of all the ED themes. There is, however, a new song from AiM.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to the Toei Shop site, it seems the new album isn't an AiM cover album, but just a compilation of all the ED themes. There is, however, a new song from AiM.

Thanks for the information (was about to make a post about this subject actually.)

For the time being I'd wait, as Toei Shop in the past has often made mistakes with this type of disk in the past, but the truth is, we don't really know for sure.

Hopefully we will soon.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw those in YoKozo's link, I kinda want to purchase something. The tote (?) bag and t-shirt images are nice.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's interesting that they have Touma and Ikuto; Jen and Ryo. <3 I would think they would have Ruki be the other lone wolf. I never pictured Ryo being as such... But I guess he did prefer to be alone in the games....
Edit: No XW or Hunters character. I guess it's because there were no endings. lol

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I appreciate that the cover features other characters, but I would have Ruki should have been there instead of Lee. Lee was actually pretty well adjusted and involved with his family. Oh well. :(

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks to me like they decided to go with the important male secondary characters, not necessarily Lone Wolves. Though Ryo and Keenan don't fit.

Sexist bastards, leaving out Ruki like that.

Still better than the stereotypical Goggle Boy cover. We got that last time.

Edit: No XW or Hunters character. I guess it's because there were no endings. lol

Well, it is an AiM album after all. I don't think she was involved in Xros Wars.

Last edited:

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
She wasn't involved in Savers either. That's why I say that AiM isn't doing for XW/Hunters because it doesn't have endings to do covers of.
I really don't want to start an argument on this... But I've always seen as the lone wolf role of just wanting to be alone. Ikuto wanted to be alone. He felt betrayed by both sides for a long time. Touma's intellect did leave him in the "rather work alone" stint for a while. But learned to work with the others. *shrugs* Those are just my thoughts though.