New Adventure: Key Art in Good Quality w/ alternate version, plus Contest/Event to Pick Favorite Scenes

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After various previews we finally have good quality copies of the new Adventure: key art.

The Japanese and US versions have slightly different lighting and processing done to them.

Update- Added alternate versions, and asset pieces, nabbed from the Adventure: site.

In addition they are doing a Twitter contest. You pick your favorite scene and repost using the selector to potentially win a prize pack. It ends on April 19th.

Update- Fans from around the world can vote for scenes, but it's unclear 'who' is eligible for prizes at the moment. The page on the Japanese Adventure: site says just Japan, while t he Toei USA Twitter just mentions winning.

The clips/scenes that can be chosen...

Attachments

Last edited:

Haralampos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not the lighting, it's incorrect conversation from CMYK to RGB color profile. I guess the English one have the right colors.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not the lighting it's incorrect conversation from CYMK to RGB color profile. I guess the English one have the right colors.
Even taking into account profile conversion, right or wrong, elements are simply different.

Most notably, but not limited to, the Digivice lighting and the 'square' digital energy effect.

Haralampos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not the lighting it's incorrect conversation from CYMK to RGB color profile. I guess the English one have the right colors.
Even taking into account profile conversion, right or wrong, elements are simply different.

Most notable the Digivice lighting and the 'square' digital energy effect.
Yes, the Japanese poster have some extra layers probably for a lenticular or reflective poster. Who knows. Still the colors are wrong 'cause if you're upload a CMYK photo, twitter converts the colors like this, burned/vivid.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, the Japanese poster have some extra layers probably for a lenticular or reflective poster. Who knows. Still the colors are wrong 'cause if you're upload a CMYK photo, twitter converts the colors like this, burned/vivid.
CMYK vs RGB has nothing to do with the seemingly purposeful (or accidental) differences in how the image was layered.

It's a separate issue, which has no bearing on the actual layout choices for the image lighting.

Haralampos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
CMYK vs RGB has nothing to do with the seemingly purposeful (or accidental) differences in how the image was layered.

It's a separate issue, which has no bearing on the actual layout choices for the image lighting.
At first I didn't noticed that you're talking about the Japanese art having extra lighting etc. But I do believe the colors are wrong from conversion and that's why I mentioned CMYK and RGB.

@MarcFBR At the other hand. I can't tell for sure which one have the right colors. The English one have somewhat muted colors in contrast of the Japanese one.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Japanese version colors are relatively close to the web image colors (those appear to be even more vivid than the Japanese 'poster' one.)

it appears they are simply images that have been color corrected differently, with changed effects.

It doesn't 'quite' look to be anything to do with CMYK at all to be honest (it could be, but it doesn't quite appear to fit, as it doesn't feel quite that level of candy cloying saturation.)

I think it's about time to move on from discussing the colorspace, as it has no actual bearing on that the images are simply differently lit with effects.

Haralampos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's about time to move on from discussing the colorspace, as it has no actual bearing on that the images are simply differently lit with effects.
I know you might don't want to talk about it. But as I don't have access on my computer, if you have photoshop, can you try (or someone else) by changing the color profile from RGB to Adobe RGB on the English one? That might fix something. I'm just curious.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know you might don't want to talk about it. But as I don't have access on my computer, if you have photoshop, can you try (or someone else) by changing the color profile from RGB to Adobe RGB on the English one? That might fix something. I'm just curious.
I did before we ever spoke on the Japanese (which is where the issue is 'if' there is an issue.)

The lighting is different enough between the 2 that even forcing a profile change to 2 different RGB profiles, one of which was Adobe, didn't line them up (the other was an old Japanese web RGB.) But gone ahead and also added on the US version tweaked to Adobe RGB.
US Adobe RGB Converted​
US Version from Twitter​
Japan Adobe RGB Converted​
Japan Original from Twitter​
Japan Web RGB Converted​

The images are simply lit wildly differently. Some aspects might match closer in one or the other, while others shift off further. Is it possible an incorrect CMYK conversion is 'part' of it? Sure, it's possible.

You simply aren't going to get the smoking gun answer you want out of the comparison.

Done. There doesn't need to be another response about colorspace.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They uploaded one on facebook too.

Now I want one with Seraphimon and Ophanimon...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They uploaded one on facebook too.

Now I want one with Seraphimon and Ophanimon...
They have a few different wide format ones based on, but not exactly the same, as the one formatted for the videos.

I think everything 'may' work better wide formatted.

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Patamon is getting a new Mega form? That's Goddramon/Goldramon on the bottom left corner.

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't wait to see Goddramon in the reboot, it will be his first time being animated :3

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's amusing how many got excited that Ophanimon would be replacing Holydramon in the reboot, and now we're getting both Dragons. :p

So does that imply Patamon will get an alternate Perfect in order to bridge the gap between Pegasusmon and Goddramon? Be it an exisiting Digimon or something new.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know I took a minute or so to find Vikemon then Rosemon. Then I remembered/saw that Rosemon is very small. So that's my take away from this.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's amusing how many got excited that Ophanimon would be replacing Holydramon in the reboot, and now we're getting both Dragons. :p

So does that imply Patamon will get an alternate Perfect in order to bridge the gap between Pegasusmon and Goddramon? Be it an exisiting Digimon or something new.
We get them both because the Holy Digimon in this series are a Pair. If we have Seraphimon we are gonna have Ophanimon too. Same applies with Holydramon and Goddramon.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if they use the dragons from now on, both angels are still relevant as the pair's original pre-Holy War forms.

Ultimamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pleased to see Goddramon at long last. Always thought the Holy dragons were cooler then the Angels. Everywhere I go people keep saying they suck and are ugly. Glad Holydramon hasn't been thrown under a bus either.

Now we just need Plesiomon back.

Last edited: