Neil Kaplan- Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone else who was nice enough to agree to answer questions from people.

You'd know him best as Hawkmon from Digimon, Optimus Prime from Tf:RiD, and multiple monsters from Power Rangers, it's Neil Kaplan.

So toss those questions up.

Cmdr Crayfish

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What voice actor inspires you the most to this day? Similarly, what stage or screen actor?

As evident on your Myspace, you're a pretty big fanboy yourself. What's the convention-going experience like on both sides of the aisle? Have you ever been recognized attending a convention as a fan yourself?

How much fan mail do you get for performances in video games as opposed to work in animated programs?

If the role of Optimus Prime for the next Transformers movie had to be decided through a three-way battle with yourself, Peter Cullen and Garry Chalk, who do you think would win? No melee weapons. Fighting atop a dam optional.

As someone who is an old hand at the convention circuit and has public contact information -- how often do you get asked genuinely new questions by fans?

What's the last good book you read? What's in your CD player?

Are you still mad my phone kept ringing in every voice panel at Morphicon? ;-)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was there a specific reason you weren't Hawkmon in Revenge of Diaboromon?

SabreWulf

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What did you think of Hawkmon's personality traits? Was he a fun character to play a role as?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For reasons that aren't any of my business to discuss, Neil showing up has most likely been delayed or cancelled (not sure which, I haven't talked to him, and don't expect to for awile).

I'll just pass along part of the message he sent to people.

Hug your parents, and if they ask why, tell them it's from your buddy Neil Kaplan.

MagicalWingLT

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the Transformers G1 DVD Box Set First Season you said you gotten a letter from a hardcore fan talking about 911... Were you freaked out a bit by this persons letter? Or were you honored that the person admired you so much?

Watching that part touched me... I bet it must of touched you a lot Neil...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I've said, it has been delayed or cancelled, I still don't know which, I've chosen to leave the thread because generally I don't like deleting stuff when there is a 'site related' problem.

MagicalWingLT

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I just thought I'd post my question and wait and see... I rather post the question now then forgetting about it later on and missing any action... Knowing how my luck is, 3 weeks later on he might show up and answer the questions and mine won't be posted lol

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I talked to Neil so here's what's going on.

He's currently at a con in New Zealand right now and to tired to pop on for the moment.

He will show up to answer questions NEXT week, so go ahead and think of questions and get them up.

He also told me to feel free to tell everyone why he was delayed, and I honestly can't figure out a polite easy way of saying it. About a month ago Neil's dad passed away.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you could play another character from another Anime who would you be and why?

Did you have any voice actor you looked up to when you were trying to break into the profession?

*cheats and asks 2*

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since I can't think of anything at the moment, I'll ask the horribly obvious question.

Do you figure we will see you (well...hear you) in Digimon Data Squad?

Shadow King

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who was the most fun to work with in Digimon?

MagicalWingLT

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sorry to hear about your father Neil...

Well I think I'll continue on from Godofchaos's question...

Which character would you like to do?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or that I made the account because he is a busy guy and gave him the account info.

Neil Kaplan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First off...

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes of support. as I have been known to say lately... "When you get the chance, jug your parents. If they give you a funny look or ask you why, them it's from your buddy Neil." After all, I can't hug my parents anymore, so I'm you to do it for me.

Secondly, thnak you for your patience. I will be answering your posts over the next three weeks or so.

SO, HERE GOES:
"Was there a specific reason you weren't Hawkmon in Revenge of Diaboromon?"

Um yes, there was. I was not asked back. My understanding is that Hawkmon was a very small role and they decided to save the money and have Jeff (the voice director) provide the voice. You'll have to tell me how he did. Was he good? As of yet though, I have not worked on the new "Digimon." But I am here if they ever want me back on the show.

"Who was the most fun to work with in Digimon?"

Well, I really did enjoy my sessions when working with both Jeff (Nimoy) and Bob (Bucholtz) at the same time. Of course ANY chance to work with Michael Sorich is a good day, indeed.

That's it for now, I'll check back in a few days and answer some more.

Your Buddy,
Neil Kaplan

www.NeKap.net
www.AnyAisle.net
www.IoftheWolf.net

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Neil Kaplan link=topic=5241.msg71975#msg71975 date=1193727370]
You'll have to tell me how he did. Was he good? As of yet though, I have not worked on the new "Digimon."[/quote]

He did a good job of it, though it was noticed (as you can see when the question was asked) that you didn't do it.