Mysteries in Adventure 2020

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wanted to make a post about this.

Did the remaining angel/Holy digimon (Rasielmon, Valdurmon, SlashAngemon, and ClavisAngemon) plot get scrapped at last minute?

I always felt they intended to go somewhere with it, perhaps recovering those warriors of old for the final battle?
well, valdurmon just lingered as ghost up until it reminded told taichi and sora of their mission. also, when lopmon regained her memories of her past life she more or less said that patamon and gatomon where the last of the holy digimon. so basically, the rest have died, lost their powers and memories and didn't regain them and got swept under the rug. they could have done more with it, but much like 3 of the og 5 chosen children in the original adventure and the 10 legendary warrior megas in frontier, their only purpose was to be part of a backstory.
I think what makes the treatment of the Celestial Digimon even sadder compared to the OG Digidestined/4 Sovereigns in Adventure and the 10 Legendary Warriors in Frontier, is that they were completely useless.
At least, the Sovereigns temporary defeated the Dark Masters, and the Legendary Warriors sealed Lucemon. But the Holy Digimon ? ZeedMillenniummon killed all of them, and the Digital World had to summon Omegamon to do their job.

JR9386

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Did the remaining angel/Holy digimon (Rasielmon, Valdurmon, SlashAngemon, and ClavisAngemon) plot get scrapped at last minute?

I always felt they intended to go somewhere with it, perhaps recovering those warriors of old for the final battle?
well, valdurmon just lingered as ghost up until it reminded told taichi and sora of their mission. also, when lopmon regained her memories of her past life she more or less said that patamon and gatomon where the last of the holy digimon. so basically, the rest have died, lost their powers and memories and didn't regain them and got swept under the rug. they could have done more with it, but much like 3 of the og 5 chosen children in the original adventure and the 10 legendary warrior megas in frontier, their only purpose was to be part of a backstory.
I think what makes the treatment of the Celestial Digimon even sadder compared to the OG Digidestined/4 Sovereigns in Adventure and the 10 Legendary Warriors in Frontier, is that they were completely useless.
At least, the Sovereigns temporary defeated the Dark Masters, and the Legendary Warriors sealed Lucemon. But the Holy Digimon ? ZeedMillenniummon killed all of them, and the Digital World had to summon Omegamon to do their job.

Part of the issue is that the Celestial Digimon deserve to be their own class with their own lore. Angelic lore doesn't work as applied in Digimon.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Part of the issue is that the Celestial Digimon deserve to be their own class with their own lore. Angelic lore doesn't work as applied in Digimon.
Tis the risk a company makes when moving away from a franchise's roots.