My tastes in anime has changed

Osakamon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had an epiphiny or something today. I don't like the same types of anime I liked when I was younger. I was out at a pub type place reading Yotsuba& and someone came up and said "That's manga right? Do you like .Hack?" And went "Yea," cause I did like .Hack. He handed me .Hack//Twighlight of the Bracelet Vol. 1 and I didn't like it. Which is weird because I used to watch it a while back.
It probably should have dawned on me earlier. Cause Chris and I argue a lot about Negima and Love Hina. I like Love Hina more than Negima. A lot people take Chris' side I found out. I guess I like more realistic manga and anime. Cause about the only unreal anime I can get into is Digimon, YuYu Hakusho, Zatch Bell!, and Bobobo.

Oh yea, if anyone can explain to me why I like Bobobo all my friends would love it. Including me, I've set down and thought about it, but I can't get why I like it eather.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bobobo is weird. I don't watch it. xD I can't make any sense of it.

Don't worry about that manga bit~ I LOVE the .hack//LEGEND anime series, but the manga .. I don't really like it that much. (Even though I have em all)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's why it's fun, it makes no sense. But not like FLCL or evangelion. But I've always been able to watch a lot of different animes. I haven't changed much.

S

Seithecs

because dot hack is mentioned i have to post, i am obliged to post, so...
keep in mind for those who might not know the anime is not canon, only the manga is, that is why you might not like, not exactly like the other dot hack series, i didn't find too much of a mystery in it, and personally i prefer the manga.
as for the topic itself, yes my taste has changed, Naruto pisses me off more, blood and gore trinity blood keeps me entertained, yet bleach is oddly entertaining, BO^7 is still mesmerising me, and eureka 7 i still like, fl cl, i would watch it once every year or so, it is easy to get tired of it, i am sick of cowboy bebop, oh yeah really sick of it, Pokemon is so repetitive i would like to blow my brains, become a zombie and eat ash alive, i was never a huge fan of beyblade, then i got into it, and suddenly i hate it. so i have also changed my mind on anime's many times before, it is natural to change your mind. it may not may sense but it happens.

no ones going to bother reading this are they?

rianmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seithecs said:
no ones going to bother reading this are they?
I read it.

And if you were to become a real zombie, wouldn't you concentrate on Ash's brains? Sorta a favored snack kinda thing for a zombie I would think.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who knows if ash actually has a brain. There's evidence that he doesn't.

Aether Wing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno, I think he may have a small brain. Maybe.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah but he only uses it in pokemon battles. That explains something involving misty and any other girls who like him. (The brain thing based off a joke I got on a pokemon website)

SSJ Jup81

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I tried reading Twilight years ago and couldn't really get into it, but the anime Iw as okay with. I never did get to finish watching Twilight, though.

Anyway, I noticed my tastes have changed too. For one, I'm not watching them as much as I used to. I'm reading manga more, as it's holding my interest more. I'm also not really "falling into the fandom" as much for the popular series.

Bleach comes to mind. I used to have eps of this years ago when it started, but never had the desire to watch it, and nothing really urged me to. Full Metal Alchemist as well. I just started watching Bleach this weekend, and I like it. Seems with the series that are popular, I can't get into it, or even look at it, until some of the hype dies down, unless it's a series I really, really want to see, like Deathnote.

Anywho, seems that most anime I may take an interest in now, I read its manga first.

*Ash brain thing*

As for that, seems he's good where battling is concerned, but like a typical guy in general, "brainless" where girls and their feelings are concerned. From what I've watched, it is stupid how the writers have him use that Pokedex over and over, but I figured it was just a way so that the kids could remember the Pokemon better if it hadn't been shown in a very long time.

Suzaku

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pokemon has horrible writing. Period. Being a write for that show would probably be the easiest job ever. It's targeted at little kids who don't care that every single episode is nearly identical and there is virtually no character development for lead characters...

Anyway, yeah, that kinda thing happens. I've tended to watch/read less shounen series as I get older, the only real "shounen" manga I still read consistently right now are Naruto and D.Gray-man, otherwise I've moved on into "seinen" manga. Namely, Biomega and Blade of the Immortal.

As for anime, I don't watch a whole lot of it. D.Gray-man and Savers. D.Gray-man because it's awesome, and Digimon because there's still a heavy nostalgia factor and it's still good. There are more I'd like to check out, but my connection can't handle that much, or else I'd be downloading 24/7 and unable to do anything. For what it's worth, I tried to get into .hack//GU and found it extremely boring, but the GU+ manga was fine, on the other hand. So *shrug*.