Most Compatible V-Pet/Digivice

DraCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I stop raising V-Pet, with all the fan project, hacks and games, it really makes me want to get back into the scene.

So may I know, if I want to keep only 1 V-Pet/Digivice, which is the most compatible device I should use? Compatible as in able to battle with most Digimon devices, be it old V-Pets (In the 90's) and also the new one (15th/20th and so on).

My guess is that the new devices will be more compatible as most of them has the option to choose to battle between the new and old devices, but among the new one, which one has the most compatibility?

Thanks in advance!

Elentir

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as Japanese releases go, the two most common battle systems are the ones from the Digital Monster and the Pendulum. The Digital Monster system (DMOG) is compatible with the Digivice, D-3, and all of the new releases (the Ver. 15th, Ver. 20th, and Digital Monster X series). It's technically also compatible with the original Pendulum, but the Pendulum almost always wins, so I kinda feel that doesn't count. The Pendulum system is on all versions of the Pendulum, D-3, D-Ark, D-Scanner and Pendulum Progress. Having one device for each battle system gives you compatibility with every 2-prong Japanese device. The only devices that do both systems real well are the Pendulum ver. 20th, D-3 ver. 15th and the D-Ark ver. 15th, and the latter two can only do DMOG when they initiate.

Global releases (North America, US, Asia and Oceania) almost all have DMOG, and aside from the US D-Power they're all compatible with each other. Of the global devices, only the D-Cyber can battle with Pendulum rules, making it technically the most compatible device ever. Unfortunately its hinge design means certain wires tend to disconnect after a while. Fair warning: a few of the global releases won't battle with new devices. For example, my Pendulum Cycle and D-Gather can't battle my Digital Monster ver. 20th even though they have compatible battle systems. I honestly don't know why.

DraCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi @Elentir, thanks for the reply especially information on old devices, and I didn't even know there's D-Ark Ver. 15th.

I assume the new devices that support DMOG is compatible with all the old non-Pendulum V-Pet, no? Therefore for new devices, the Pendulum Ver. 20th is the most compatible because it has both battle system, which are Pendulum and Others (If I remember right).

Howabout ONL1NE? This is totally new to me, which battle system ONL1NE is using? Can I use DMX for ONL1NE?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th is indeed the most compatible. It works with anything that uses the original system OR the Pendulum system, giving it some added compatibility for the Pendulum Progress and some Digivices. It also isn't weighted against the other devices, so you will get a fair fight every time.

0NL1NE can be used with a large variety of battle systems. Here is the raw converter so that you can see which systems are currently supported: https://humulos.com/digimon/0NL1NE/converter/

It even supports automatically converting codes using the Original System into Pendulum codes, and vice versa, removing the natural advantage of Pendulums.

DraCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi @humulos, thanks for the information, Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th is my favorite device so far, just that I don't like the idea of shaking the device especially in the public.

I have some question regarding Digital Monster X, may I know after some time, maybe 48 hours or so, does the Digimon become more demanding like the rest of the V-Pet?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you are worried about shaking in public, don't be, no one actually cares in my experience :p A tip though is that if you do tag training, you will be successful every time if you don't shake at all for a tag training. You may still need to shake to win battles for evolution, but since that is a one time thing you can wait to do that until you are in your own home.

And yes, Digimon on the DMX get more needy after being alive for 48 hours

DraCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
haha, thanks for the tips, I didn't know the shake doesn't matter for tag battle. :)