More Previews of Battle Spirits cards & art from Digimon Kimero! Card Slash!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More art is always great!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Kimero! Card Slash!, the newest booster, is based on Digimon Tamers, and is only a month away, so it's about time we start to see more of the cards!

We previously had artwork that was mostly focused around Takato and Guilmon, but hadn't seen the other Tamers and their partners yet!

And with these we finally have big enough images that details are readable!

We aren't 100% sure where these images came from, but they appear to be from magazine scans.

First up, at the top, is Ruki and Renamon! Fantastic art for both, with Ruki in a style skewing pretty closely to the art style from Tamers in a card slash pose, while Renamon has a bit of the fancier style we've seen for a lot of Digimon in Battle Spirits.

Next up...

Jenrya and Terriermon! Jenrya looks quite determined in his art, while Terriermon has that soft aloofness that everyone loves about him

And last up, more of Guilmon's forms!

Growmon and MegaloGrowmon! Both have dynamic art in the midst of powerful attacks!

With a month to go until release we should start getting a deluge of cards and artwork soon!

Battle Spirits CB07 Digimon Kimero! Card Slash! will be released November 24th.

Standard 6 card booster packs will be 300 yen and 4 card booster packs in vending machines will be 200 yen.

Thanks to spector for the images.

Previous art previews and details for the card set can be found here and here.

Update- It was from a Battle Spirits spread in V-Jump apparently...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The spread also gives us our first look at SaintGalgomon and Sakuyamon!

Thanks to metal_tetra for the image.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Partner cards make me wonder if theyre gonna bust reprint Andromon or make a new one

lovely art as always

there'll prob be other art they can reuse too I suppose

the other set covered Adventure/2/Tri so one set for Tamers is an interesting one

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just stared at the Renamon card in disbelief for a few minutes.... I mean just how badly could they have screwed this up, what kind of bizarre thought process could have possibly led to the decision to shade most of the body like some weird polished plastic?
Was the artist just completely ignorant of how hairs reflect light? Did they miss the memo that Renamon is not some kind of slick skinned amphibian or slime type design that would actually glisten like that? It doesn't seem that way... after all the part just under the knee is obviously splitting up into hair tufts at the end yet just a few centimeters up... a weird shiny plastic surface. And they didn't apply that effect to the tail or the hair covering the chest which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous since of course it shows that if their wanted they know how to shade it properly. So just what was the intention here? A Renamon who just got splattered in some sort of oil?
I mean I think we got some artwork with a weird shinier style before but while that looked idiotic as well it was at least consistent in its idiocy.
Imagine artwork that gives MetalEtemon's body the texture of brittle stone or an old carpet or something or a Gottsumon looking as if it had fur everywhere... Really makes me wonder how something like this made it onto a final card design (if this is is actually final, but it probably is).

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really makes me wonder how something like this made it onto a final card design (if this is is actually final, but it probably is).
I disagree on it being inherently wrong, but I'll wait to fully judge and comment until we have a proper clean image of the art itself.

the other set covered Adventure/2/Tri so one set for Tamers is an interesting one
This isn't quite right.

They didn't do a single unified Adventure/02/tri. set and then move on to Tamers. They've effectively 'ran out' of Adventure-centric content to make cards out of without just redoing them (which they 'slightly' began to do towards the end.)

The lineup for Digimon content in Battle Spirits so far is... (I think I got the card counts correct. I didn't list cases where some cards came with multiple art versions in the same release.)

The first booster set, Digimon Super Evolution was...
80 new cards based on Adventure
6 more cards, which were 'old' cards with new Digimon themed art (termed 'reprints')
2 tri. promo cards

The next booster set, Digimon Super Evolution 1.5 was...
The same 80 card set based on Adventure, some cards were given new artwork
The same 6 reprints
the 2 tri. promo cards got new art and were included in the card packs instead of available as standard promos
1 new card featuring Zubamon. This was labeled as a promo card specific to this set, and I believe came one per full case.

Then we have two come out at the same time...

The 'second' booster set, Digimon- Our Digimon Adventure was...
66 new cards based on 02 and tri.
-Characters who got cards in the previous sets were not included (Patamon, Tailmon, etc.)
-It's mostly an 02 set, but there is some tri. content
3 reprint cards
2 tri. promo cards (these aren't solidly connected to either the booster or the starter like the previous promos were, listing them here just to be consistant)

A starter deck, Digimon Chosen Children which was...
22 new cards based on Adventure and tri.
-This does include new cards of a number of characters who got them previously
-It's mostly a tri. starter deck, with a few cards having Adventure-centric art
-This includes all the cards needed to fill out the other 6 Adventure partners with their tri. evolutions (assuming you have their lower levels from the Adventure set), plus Merciful Mode.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am wondering when they get past Tamers and Frontier, if they go into Savers, or if they are going to do a special X-antibody set? I know the X-antibody Digimon did not have a season (( I believe they was robbed, but that is my opinion )), but they are around and we need a set of new cards based on them.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are nice. Really glad to see cards are still going.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, the smooth body/muscle detail on Renamon is... making me a little uncomfortable...
*opens private browser*

Draculoid

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As a huge Impmon/Beelzemon fan I'm so excited to get a few boxes but this but also sad at seeing only 1 XX Rare and it being Dukemon Crimson Mode.

I was REALLY crossing my fingers that if they did this set it would have 2 XX rares with one of them being Beelzemon Blast Mode. Is he just not going to be in the set?? It's really too bad :(

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was REALLY crossing my fingers that if they did this set it would have 2 XX rares with one of them being Beelzemon Blast Mode. Is he just not going to be in the set?? It's really too bad :(
Unless you really really care about using it as some super strong card in your deck (and even then I don't know how viable the Digimon decks are but I'm a layman in terms of battle spirits anyway), who actually cares if Beelzebumon Blast Mode gets an XX card?
Even if he doesn't there is nothing stopping him from getting a normal card around the M rank or so. The assumption that he's not going to appear because Dukemon CM got the XX spot doesn't really make sense, even if you believe that the two match up strength wise (which is IIRC portrayed that way in the show) since there's plenty of cases in which the rarity of the cards has not followed the particular order of power that is implied here.

Draculoid

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unless you really really care about using it as some super strong card in your deck (and even then I don't know how viable the Digimon decks are but I'm a layman in terms of battle spirits anyway), who actually cares if Beelzebumon Blast Mode gets an XX card?
Even if he doesn't there is nothing stopping him from getting a normal card around the M rank or so. The assumption that he's not going to appear because Dukemon CM got the XX spot doesn't really make sense, even if you believe that the two match up strength wise (which is IIRC portrayed that way in the show) since there's plenty of cases in which the rarity of the cards has not followed the particular order of power that is implied here.
I care ;). I only collect them... No knowledge of the card game. You're right it doesn't really matter, as long as he's in there...but from a collector standpoint who loves Beelzemon I was definitely hoping for a really rare card.

From the the previous posts info I think it's safe to assume Beelzemon and Dukemon are X level cards. Would just seem strange to me to have Blast Mode being a less rare card at M level due to his importance in the story, power and popularity.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with a picture of the magazine spread the card images were from.

We can now see SaintGalgomon and Sakuyamon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's some nice art from what we can see. The cards should be really good.