MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's time to nade-nade again!

http://digimon-adventure.net/

Interestingly they've left out Tentomon's egg...

They've also added a new version of the puzzle game that gets us extra nade-nades. (Small edit- Theigno has confirmed that beating the new puzzle counts for 6 nade-nade.)

Only 555555 nade-nade total this time.

This will be the new Digimon Adventure tri. discussion thread (previous one was up in the 70s...)

The previous thread can be found here.

Update- A profile shot of Taichi and Agumon

Update 2 - A Profile shot of Yamato and Gabumon | Watermarked bigger version

Diaboromon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YESSSSSS
NADE-NADE MUTHARFUKKAH
I have been waiting for so long for these eggs, like checking three times a day.

Y'know, if they've left him out, this could mean something.
Wasn't he upside down on the poster? I could be tin-hatting and grasping for straws because it's too early to tell, but I find it extremely odd..

smilewolfy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YESSSSSS
NADE-NADE MUTHARFUKKAH
I have been waiting for so long for these eggs, like checking three times a day.

Wasn't he upside down on the poster? I could be tin-hatting and grasping for straws because it's too early to tell, but I find it extremely odd..
i feel like it's more they have 2 sets of info but three eggs left, so they decided to just give the two girls eggs now and Koushiro later

SansaStark

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yup, you're tin-hatting and grasping for straws. Chances are they're just not ready for the promotion to end and didn't want to wait much longer before releasing another set of eggs.

D-Tamer

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
only 2?
I'm guessing they are doing a countdown with the eggs.

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally. Interesting that it's only two eggs. Let's get to cracking

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd find it funny if the next egg, for whatever reason, turned out to not be Tentomon's egg.

Hourglassmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've already made my contribution for today! Believe it or not it's the first time I actually participate in this. I arrived late for the last one.
It's fun seeing the numbers slowly decrease every time you go back to the tab the site is on.

I did a very rough calculation just now: 23 nade-nades in 60 seconds. That's 1380 clicks per hour, roughly speaking. 33000 per day. A week only gets us half the way there, give or take.

If their wish is to prolong the promotion, why not release one egg at a time?

What do they say on their Twitter account? Putting it on google translate is not very helpful. There are words like "worrisome". there's talk of the Blu-Ray release, and it's like they're asking us to go to the website because they have worrisome information there. I don't read japanese so this is the best you're gonna get from me! :p Hahahaha!

They've also decluttered the English version website. No eggs to nade-nade there.

EDIT:
I understand that Hackmon is one of the most likely new digimons to appear, but it looks so bland.
I would love it if they went with slightly more surreal designs, like Palmon, who can digivolve into a creature like Togemon, and then something like Lillymon.
There's a huge tendency to go for the dragon / mecha-humanoid designs.
I love it when they're complete creatures of their own, with their own strange history behind them, and not a dinosaur or a human in a fancy suit. I would love to see more iconic, individual shapes. Associating that with a new kid with his or her own history would be more intriguing than "Oh yeah, I got a muscly dinosaur for myself as well."

Last edited:

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did a very rough calculation just now: 23 nade-nades in 60 seconds. That's 1380 clicks per hour, roughly speaking. 33000 per day. A week only gets us half the way there, give or take.
The Patten seems to be they bring the bar down to 1 1/2 with in a day or so then we just click 10k or so a day until we reach 100k then we click through that quick.I day it takes us until the next 20th. Then again, my guesses have been wrong so far...

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Patten seems to be they bring the bar down to 1 1/2 with in a day or so then we just click 10k or so a day until we reach 100k then we click through that quick.I day it takes us until the next 20th. Then again, my guesses have been wrong so far...
I've noticed that egg clicking really picks when there's about 200k left.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the note where we left off in the old thread, namely the matter of villains, I’d like to suggest that a big group of villains is probably a bad idea for a series in which power levels mount as exponentially as they do in most DIGIMON media. Either they’d twirl their moustaches all series without facing the heroes until the last act, which is tedious, or else they’d all show up out of nowhere shortly before dying, which is poorly paced. Either tactic makes for a profound lack of dramatic tension as the heroes face off against villains they’ve never encountered before and immediately kill them. The Sangenshi worked in ×ros Wars because the heroes’ power levels climbed a lot more gradually, but without that it’d be the Death Generals all over again. A smaller group of three or four might work for the final arc’s bad guys, but the Seven Great Demon Kings would be a terrible choice.

Just don’t lose yourself in the excitement and eat them for breakfast.

2 eggs? 02 confirmed!
Ohohohoho, nice one.

As Ayn-chan would say, check your premises.

Hourglassmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As Ayn-chan would say, check your premises.
Well, I'm assuming, like SansaStark said, that they want to prolong it. Maybe they don't want to prolong it that much.

Hopefully they have something prepared for when the eggs are done with. Rubbing eggs until the anime premieres would be a boring kind of marketing.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I'm assuming, like SansaStark said, that they want to prolong it. Maybe they don't want to prolong it that much.
Obviously not.

Hopefully they have something prepared for when the eggs are done with. Rubbing eggs until the anime premieres would be a boring kind of marketing.
You do know what marketing for this sort of show usually entails, right? A few V-Jump pages during the last two or three months before the premiere, with basic plot and character profiles and probably pictures of whatever gets made into a toy during the first quarter. That’s all we’re going to get.

Hourglassmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You do know what marketing for this sort of show usually entails, right? A few V-Jump pages during the last two or three months before the premiere, with basic plot and character profiles and probably pictures of whatever gets made into a toy during the first quarter. That’s all we’re going to get.
Heheheh. :) And I was the one being called the pessimist when I first came here to post about the low number of episodes we could be getting!
A person can still imagine possibilities outloud and share them with other expectant fans.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heheheh. :) And I was the one being called the pessimist when I first came here to post about the low number of episodes we could be getting!
A person can still imagine possibilities outloud and share them with other expectant fans.
That's...that's not pessimism.

Seymour is not being a pessimist. For one, he's actually making assumptions based off of prior information, instead of just making wild guesses and hoping some of them stick. For two, he's merely stating "low-key marketing is not uncommon for this series, and does not indicate producer-disinterest in the product", which...if anything, sounds optimistic as to the quality of the actual product.

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be frank I kind of prefer the Japanese marketing tactits to the ones we are used to in the West. Especially when it comes to huge franchises, we get years of announcements, leaks, rumours, teasers to teasers, three or four different trailers, sneak-peaks... If you're not careful when the actual product actually arrives you already know or guess everything that's going to happen. It spoils the experience to a certain extent.

This whole game of waiting and getting minimal information is actually refreshing in my opinion. There's enough hype around this series as it is.

I hope we get info about airdates and number of episodes next.

brightdown

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except its not pessimism, he's making a guess based off of prior information and how anime is generally released for the Spring season, Right now the Winter 2015 anime season has just begun so its pointless to rush in head first to release so much marketing when its highly likely that they'll be overshadowed by or might end up overshadowing another series made by the same studio. The marketing doesn't really pick up until the month before they air.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh, it quits being refreshing and just becomes frustrating when you watch a lot of anime and have to deal with this silence constantly, especially if you really care about a series. Hollywood has gone way too far in the opposite direction with their bullshit, but I think a happy medium exists somewhere, or rather could but does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.