More Anime Expo 2018 Photos! tri. Display Wall, MetalGarurumon Statue, Shout Booth

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anime Expo ends today...

But we have a stack of photos to show off from the event.

The Toei booth had a few different Digimon things on display.

First up, some more detailed images of the tri. display wall.

It's a nice setup showing everything off, with the only mistake that I notice at first glance is they spelled Birdramon wrong.

The wall actually continues a bit...

Right next to a doorway it finishes showing each crest and it's associated digiegg.

Next to the wall display was the stage play puppets.

And on top of images of the overall puppet display, we also have good shot of each puppet individually.

Also, some extra detail shots of two of the puppets.

The Agumon puppet is holding up nicely, minus perhaps one tooth, and the Gomamon puppet has some nice detailing on him.

Last up at the Toei booth was a Digimon Adventure tri. photobooth. Lizmet shared the photos of her and tortoisquad from it.

Bluefin, the US distributors of a number of Digimon figures, also had something pretty fun at their booth...

A big statue of MetalGarurumon! This statue is based on the Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon figure that came out earlier this year. The statue is surprisingly detailed and looks very nice.

Then a few additional photos from some of the guests...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Shout producer Brian Ward shared this image of the Shout booth early at the convention. Shout was selling all of their Digimon Adventure tri. releases at AX, including Part 5 Coexistence a month early. On top of that they had a number of non-Digimon releases on sale early.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Joshua Seth shared an image of him, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, and Johnny Yong Bosch doing some press for the upcoming theatrical release of tri. Part 6. He also shared an image of himself working the crowd during the autograph signing at the Toei booth.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Colleen O'Shaughnessey shared a photo of her, Joshua Seth, and Johnny Yong Bosch working the crowd at the Toei booth. In fact, if you look at both her and Joshua Seth's photos, it appears they were taken at the same time. We also get a photo of her in front of the tri. stage play puppets with a very happy looking dog.

Some great new photos from Anime Expo. Our prior article with photos from Anime Expo can be found here.

If you went to Anime Expo this year and got any Digimon related shots feel free to share your photos.

Thanks to Lizmet for a bunch of the photos of the displays, Tisha for some of the display photos, and Joshua Seth, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, and Brian Ward for their photos.

The display photos can also be found in our gallery.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joshua Seth kind of looks like daddy Derek.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lillymon was also spelled wrong

The Digi-Egg part is a cool addtion

They went all out which is cool, I hope they made some good money

If I was allowed, I'd totally take a pic riding that MetalGarurumon lol

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lilymon is an uncommon spelling, but not wrong. It's usage on some occasions has never seemed to be a mistake (as happens occasionally), rather just an alternate translation.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I merely meant for the Adventure Lillymon, the Digivice/subtitles shows "Lillymon" and that's what she was called in both of the first two seasons. "Lilymon" was used for Fusion but of course, that's not the Lilymon from Fusion. So in the context of this specific Lillymon, the name is wrong

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it a little odd that Omnimon MM isn’t linked to anyone else, outside of Omnimon

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it a little odd that Omnimon MM isn’t linked to anyone else, outside of Omnimon

Part 6 hasn't aired in the west. It wasn't known it was a seven way fusion till it happened. Showing it as such is spoilers. Like the Japanese version until it airs they likely don't want it known it's a seven way fusion

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It wasn't known it was a seven way fusion till it happened. Showing it as such is spoilers. Like the Japanese version until it airs they likely don't want it known it's a seven way fusion
But is it confirmed that Omegamon Merciful Mode is actually a seven-way fusion, and not the other Digimon powering Omegamon up? Sorry, haven't been following the forums for quite a while.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It wasn't known it was a seven way fusion till it happened. Showing it as such is spoilers. Like the Japanese version until it airs they likely don't want it known it's a seven way fusion
But is it confirmed that Omegamon Merciful Mode is actually a seven-way fusion, and not the other Digimon powering Omegamon up? Sorry, haven't been following the forums for quite a while.

I guess not officially but it's heavily implied. We don't see the rest of them until they all revert to babies and with Paladin Mode, Agumon and Gabumon are specifically shown being discarded. That didn't happen with MM. They all fused into Omnimon, did the kill then reverted to 8 babies

Chiefofwar117

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Metalgarurumon statue is AMAZING!!! I would love to see a how-it’s-made video of something like that. Also, if we don’t get new digivolving spirits news at the Digimon Thanksgiving on 7/29 I’m legit going to cry.