MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster5monochromon_february6_2021.jpg
booster5triceramon_february6_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega. This time we get Monochromon & Triceramon.

Monochromon gets an image with a nice amount of detail, and some familar scenery (scenery we've seen in another card in this set in fact...) And Triceramon features some nnice art that feels like it's meant to be very comic booky... not to mention has Monochromon and his repaint, Vermillimon, in it.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega is scheduled to release on February 26th.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 5:

We have clean card images for Booster Set 4 Great Legend.

We also have begun to get details about Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, including our first look at art via DigiNavi!

We also just got our first details & images for Booster Set 6 Double Diamond & the Dukemon & ULForceV-dramon starter decks and pre-orders are up!

Plus we have the first details for the 1 year anniversary of the card game, including a number of fun things! The Parallel Card Vote has already begun!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 13,499

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Monochromon
<Blocker>
[When Attacking] Lose 2 Memory

Triceramon
gorgeous art I want on a playmat or framed on my wall or something. I love Triceramon wtf

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Triceramon the best digimon.

I wonder if this Monochromon's another new card shows it wanders into the store or yet it's different angle on DW2 "Monochromon Shop"?

Vermillimon and Monochromon together is something I didn't expect in Triceramon's card. Pretty cool to see all horned dinos together in one card. Needs more of horned dinos.

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Triceramon the best digimon.

I wonder if this Monochromon's another new card shows it wanders into the store or yet it's different angle on DW2 "Monochromon Shop"?

Vermillimon and Monochromon together is something I didn't expect in Triceramon's card. Pretty cool to see all horned dinos together in one card. Needs more of horned dinos.
Definitely the Monochromon shop.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still have hope for this little family to get their main Child and Ultimate forms.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, because Vermillimon was in a previous Set I totally assumed that Monochromon was already in the TCG but I guess not. I also appreciate all the World references in this Set.

Anyways, more Red Blockers are always a good thing since IIRC Red has the least number of them currently.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dont really get the card game but these artwork are hitting the nostalgic feels lol

Vermi and Monochromi look so cute together facing off a Triceri ^^

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm oddly nostalgic for Monochromon, so it's nice to see it appear in the TCG, and as a really good card at that. Discounting weird things like granting Blocker temporarily via Brave Shield, Red hasn't had a Blocker since Coredramon in the Starter Deck, so this is a very welcome addition. It gets bonus points for being the 1 Cost to Evolve Blocker as well considering how popular efficient cards like this are.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well what you have to remember is that "Monochromon" is something of a grandfathered-in mistranslation, because it's Monoclomon, because it's named after the Monoclonius. Which is a debated genus of ceratopsian that had one horn.

It turning into Triceramon isn't really that strange, all things considered, they're both in the same family based on irl genetics. It showing up on the same card as it (with Vermillimon, a palette swap) isn't that strange as they're Digimon's only ceratopsians.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Monoclomon sounds weird to say like that.

Strange..? I thought Monochromon to Triceramon is pretty big well known among the most digi-fans?

I still have hope for this little family to get their main Child and Ultimate forms.

This. I can imagine Zubamon as other new recolor one but with rusty armor for this. But dinosaur type digimons are pretty much more rare while Dragon and Dragon Man types in population slowly increase that bothers me...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's kind of funny to me that Monochromon's first card in the game shows it just hanging out behind a counter instead of doing cool dinosaur things.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's kind of funny to me that Monochromon's first card in the game shows it just hanging out behind a counter instead of doing cool dinosaur things.

It is doing dinosaur things. It's running a dinostore.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have we gotten any x carrier Digimon? It’d be nice to have Ultimate Brachiomon show up to complete these two.