MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster10monitamon_may12_2022.jpg
booster10nene_may12_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter over the last few days. This time Montamon & tamer card Nene.

Monitamon features a family of Monitamon relaxing around a kotatsu, and in the background, you can see the Monimon from another card in BT-10. Nene features brand new anime style artwork.

Both of these also have a text change/correction notice. The 'when appearing' and take 4 cards from the top of your deck, to find a specific number of Knightmon, DeadlyAxemon, or Twilight cards, does not explicitly mention returning the extras to your deck. The 'correction' mentions putting the extra cards to the bottom of your deck, in any order you wish.

Previous previews for Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter:
Packaging, Shoutmon, Shoutmon x4, Taiki, & More
Dorulumon & Ballistamon
Pickmons & Starmons
Gaossmon & MailBirdramon
Troopmon & MadLeomon
Bosamon & Angoramon
SymbareAngoramon & Ruli
Breaclaw & Pyon Dump
Sanzomon
Venusmon & Healing Therapy
Tyutyumon & Damemon
Bunbun Fist
Magazine Previews- Sparrowmon, Shoutmon x5, Shoutmon x5B, Kiriha, Greymon, & MetalGreymon
Blucomon & Regalecusmon
Assaultmon & Cannondramon
Asuramon & PileVolcamon
Shoutmon x5 & Sparrowmon & DeckerGreymon Magazine Preview
V-Jump Previews
Minervamon
Monimon & Hi-VisionMonitamon
Coatlmon & Sandiramon
Golemon & Gogmamon
SkullKnightmon: Big Axe Mode & DarkKnightmon
Renamon & Kyubimon
Taomon & Strengthening Plug-In O
Sakuyamon: Miko Mode & Defense Plug-in C
Justimon: Critical Arm & Justice Kick
Dondokomon
Flying Hero! & The Immortal Champion
Greymon, MetalGreymon, Kiriha, & Blazing Memory Boost!! plus MetalGreymon Parallel Card
Deckerdramon & DeckerGreymon
Plasma Deckerdra Launcher
Jesmon X
Burning Star Crusher
Akari & Zenjirou
Ajatarmon
BloomLordmon & Gran del Sol
WezenGammamon
Canoweissmon
Thetismon & Lamortmon
Tinkermon & Darcmon
Griffomon
Baalmon & Beelzebumon
Shoutmon x4B & Death the Cannon
Shortmon & Weddinmon
DarkKnightmon X
Mushmon & Palmon
RedVegimon
Shoutmon King Version
Babydmon
Pulsemon & Impulse Memory Boost!!
Tactimon
Shoutmon x5B & Blastmon
GulusGammamon
Brachimon
Jyureimon
PetiMeramon
Achillesmon & Option Card Lónkhē Adistakto Preview & Clean Packaging
Sunflowmon
Lotusmon
Gankoomon X, Sistermon Ciel, Jesmon GX, & Seiken Meppa
Yuu
Tokomon, Soundbirdmon, Cyberdramon, Spadamon, & Omegamon X

Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter will be out on May 27th.

We have clean card images from Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11.

We have the first art & more info for Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 8,486

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nene's hair looks ridic like this lol, it usually doesn't look that ridiculous.

Interesting that this Nene card can act as support for Knightmons in general so you can use reagualr Knightmon and LordCrusaderKnightmon as well with her

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TV head and cockroach head

Monitamon
Rookie / Data / CRT
[When Played] Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Add 2 black cards from among the revealed cards with [Twilight] in their traits or whose names contain [Knightmon] or [DeadlyAxemon] to your hand. Return any remaining cards to the bottom of your deck in any order.

Nene Amano
General / Twilight
[When Played] Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Add 1 card from among the revealed cards with [Twilight] in its traits or whose name contains [Knightmon] or [DeadlyAxemon] to your hand. Return any remaining cards to the bottom of your deck in any order
[Opponent's Turn] All of your Digimon with [Twilight] in their traits or whose names contain [DarkKnightmon] gain <Blocker> for the turn.
[When Deleted] Gain 2 memory.
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nene's finally here. It is somewhat satisfying that the humans from the first two Xros Wars seasons happen to fit so well as [General] cards for each of the Colors.

Noticed this before with the BT7 Monitamon card, but they're basically serving as DarkKnightmon's Lv.3.

Now what's interesting is that Nene is the only [General] card that has an [On Deletion] effect, while lacking any [Your/All Turn] effects. Basically, she's only useful when you first play her and during your opponent's turns; but on your own turns after playing her, the only use she has is to be deleted.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
t is somewhat satisfying that the humans from the first two Xros Wars seasons happen to fit so well as [General] cards for each of the Colors.
oh shoot, I forgot to write that Nene is a general, thanks 😅

When it comes to her use during your turns, she can hold onto fusion materials as other cards can place cards beneath her. Sure any Tamer card can do that but it's still something you'll be doing a lot in decks she's built for

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now what's interesting is that Nene is the only [General] card that has an [On Deletion] effect, while lacking any [Your/All Turn] effects. Basically, she's only useful when you first play her and during your opponent's turns; but on your own turns after playing her, the only use she has is to be deleted.
Someone on Twitter commented on how the game is mechanically incentivizing you to have DarkKnightmon stab her in the back the moment she's no longer useful because she's not the one he chose as his General in the first place, Ewan is.

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have this feeling that the only secret rare left is going to be Mervamon, even if the most logic one is Bagramon. They didn't reveal Nene untill now and Mervamon is a waifu just like Beelstarmon.
I might still be wrong and I actually would prefer to see Bagramon.
Yeah this card game has a problem with tamers' hair

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd complain about using the black Xros Loader, but she's labled as Twilight so it's technically not wrong.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It bemuses me to no end that the Monitamon have the same kind of boxey CRT television as their own heads in their little house.

What doesn't bemuse me is that Nene's fabulous hair is lost, half of it going off the border of the card. :cautious:
I'd complain about using the black Xros Loader, but she's labled as Twilight so it's technically not wrong.
Yeah, between her and Yuu it definitely screams that they're going to make Hunters versions of them as Xros Heart members down the line.

As much as I like the mythology gag of Nene having on On Deletion Skill...I'm curious as to what is intended to trigger it as I don't recall anything in this Set targeting Tamers. :unsure: