Mistymon Preview for Booster Set 1

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A new card preview from the Digimon Card Game!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated again (and early today!) with a look at another card from Booster Set 1 New Evolution. This time it's Mistymon.

The scaling issues continue, but Mistymon is certainly a surprise, it isn't often that we see this warrior from Witchelny appear. The art really looks nice, and the rainbowing effects give a great additional appearance of otherworldly magic.

The Digimon Card Game starter decks have been released and Booster Set 1 is scheduled to release on May 15th.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 1:

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mistymon's most relevant appearances before this were the Korean games (Masters and Soul Chaser) as Dynasmon's Ultimate, so it's nice to see him get usage outside of that. Maybe he'll be related to Dynasmon in this card game too? More Nichemon, woohoo

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mistymon is Dynasmon's Mega? I thought Dynasmon is already mega and a royal knight at that too...

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mistymon whoa it's weird that artist drew him covering the eyes. But after checked all his appearances... Yup every single of art had him fully covered the eyes.

In my eyes, Wizarmon is the only one can evolve to this Mistymon which is my personal headcanon.

That artwork is like it's "Magic" trading card.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
props to this artist for making a Digimon I don't think many like look great. Mistymon has always felt like an early series Yu-Gi-Oh monster aesthetically to me personally but not in a good way, more like the type of C-list fodder monster you only see in a handful of episodes that's instantly destroyed or used for summon material. Anyways at least this might be a great sign for Dynasmon coming as a virus attribute "Magic Warrior" digimon being a yellow card when Mistymon itself doesn't have anything to do with the holy attribute or the light element is super suspicious

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
o wow early??
mistymon is yellow? huh
weiiird
wonder if they arent making him related to wizarmon,who i expect would be either black or purple in the next booster
still! fun to see this, i was just done reading a thing about mystical witches and witchelny too lmao

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing I love it, this is dynasmon perfect level? Did dynasmon demaster high level programming language?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mistymon isn't particularly connected with Dynasmon; nor is Dynasmon particularly connected with Mistymon, Witchelny, or "sorcery."

It's just that Mistymon is one of Dynasmon's most common "possible" evolutions in the TCG, and third-party Korean games also like using Mistymon as Dynasmon's pre-evolution. Another common pre-evolution for Dynasmon is Silphymon, but of course, Silphymon is also relatively irrelevant to Dynasmon outside of the TCG.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mystimon being Yellow is hardly surprising. Its Field is Virus Busters, and it was a Holy Digimon in Crusader.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
props to this artist for making a Digimon I don't think many like look great. Mistymon has always felt like an early series Yu-Gi-Oh monster aesthetically to me personally but not in a good way, more like the type of C-list fodder monster you only see in a handful of episodes that's instantly destroyed or used for summon material. Anyways at least this might be a great sign for Dynasmon coming as a virus attribute "Magic Warrior" digimon being a yellow card when Mistymon itself doesn't have anything to do with the holy attribute or the light element is super suspicious
You know what, he really does look like a Yugioh monster lmao. and your descrption is perfect XD. It does look liek a level four monster you'd tribute to get your good dudes (in this instance, Dynasmon)

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn he looks epic. He reminds me of the dark magician from yugioh a lot.

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that Mistymon looks like a fodder Yu-Gi-Oh monster card. I always thought he looked lame and generic, specially for what it was meant to be the perfect stage for Wizarmon, but the artist did manege to make him a little bit cool in the card art.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice! Mistymon needs an appearance in the anime. Glad they're showing more obscure mons here.