MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is a big surprise...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Premium Bandai has announced a new product!

Mimi's hat!

The full name is Digimon Adventure Memorial Goods Mimi's Hat!

This reproduction of Mimi's hat from Digimon Adventure is one of those products that has long been requested, and they've gone to extra effort for this one!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's a big life size version of the hat made with various materials, including wire, so that it's strongly made and stands out well.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition to the hat, it also includes a small audio box...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The box includes the theater size version of Butter-Fly, along with lines from Mimi and Palmon from the final episode...

In fact, they've re-recorded 'that' scene with AiM and Kinoko Yamada under supervision from Adventure Director Kakudou.

The audio box has two modes- Memorial, where the dialogue plays with Butter-Fly behind it for about 80 seconds, and Butter-Fly, where only the music plays.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Mimi's hat is available to pre-order at Premium Bandai. It costs 12,960 yen. Pre-orders will be open until October 8th and it'll ship in December.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The summer vacation adventure of the 8 children is over. However, the gate does not remain closed because of the adventure of the chosen children. This is because it is neither the beginning nor the end. The gate to the Digital World will surely be opened again. If you do not forget the Digimon, it is possible.

More to come...

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer
DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Tai's goggles, Mimi's hat... what else? Sora's helmet? Izzy's gloves? Joe's bookbag?

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't even think of Joe's bag, but yeah, that and Sora's helmet/knit cap seem like real contenders down the line.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure how they'd do Sora's hat. They'd have to use the material Batman's "wings" are made from in Batman Begins.

xSHiNOx

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Tai's goggles, Mimi's hat... what else? Sora's helmet? Izzy's gloves? Joe's bookbag?
don't forget:

- tai's shoes
- tai's headband
- matt's harmonica
- izzy's laptop (real working one with windows os or mac os!)
- joe's glasses
- t.k.'s hat
- kari's scarf
- kari's whistle

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated it awhile ago since pre-orders are open, but forgot to make an update post here.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While this isn't something I'd purchase, I can certainly respect the craftsmanship. It looks amazing.

What makes me happiest, though, is that they brought Ai Maeda back into the recording booth. I've really missed the original actors for the children since tri. came around.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha ha ha. Mimi's Hat. Now that's funny. No one would have expected this I'm sure. But where's a set of all the Googles... and Masaru's necklace. heh heh

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well they may well make the pink dress Mimi is famous for wearing in Adventure to complement the hat

xSHiNOx

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
not if they do a collaboration ;)

ayushi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A silly question but will this only be available to buy online? Or will it be available in stores as well? Cuz I'll be in Japan in October and honestly won't mind spending my salary on Digimon merch.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A silly question but will this only be available to buy online? Or will it be available in stores as well? Cuz I'll be in Japan in October and honestly won't mind spending my salary on Digimon merch.

This item will only be available at Premium Bandai's online shop.

ayushi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This item will only be available at Premium Bandai's online shop.

That's a bummer.

Mugenlazlo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
don't forget:

- tai's shoes
- tai's headband
- matt's harmonica
- izzy's laptop (real working one with windows os or mac os!)
- joe's glasses
- t.k.'s hat
- kari's scarf
- kari's whistle

Don't forget Joe's watch.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or the kids’ underwear from episode 8?

Then we'd finally know what color Yamato's briefs are supposed to be!

...I'll see myself out.