Memorial Story short- The Coveted Jogress Evolution- Storyboard & Synopsis

Mild At Heart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People were speculating in that podcast about this being "obviously" about Davis and Ken and I was like why would they long for jogress when they already have one! Clearly this was about two that didnt have a jogress evolution. Reminds me of that fanmade Rosemon x Phoenixmon jogress:
19d7bede4cbb543beca3346c88359063.jpg

Those knee caps on the left one though lol. Pretty cool but I am not sure what purpose a female Omegamon would fill other than fan service. I would like to see their jogress as something a bit more unique.

Oh my god, I need that.

The short's not gonna lead up to that (most likely), but I really won't mind another Omegamon variant if it was stuff like this for the rest of the Chosen.

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's Pal+Biyo comedy time if anything, meaning it'll just be them attempting it and not knowing how -- given all the fusions of before came during dire moments with two kids.
Not necessarily impossible though. Last Evolution could have Tai receive backup on the finale, and Sora+Mimi turn up with a newly discovered jogress of theirs. Neat twist that doesn't need much if any explanation. It might not even be a Mega form.

Speaking of which, we don't know as of yet how closely Last Evolution actually abides to the continuity set out by Tri — so it's even possible the film will just act as if Piyomon et. al accessing their mega forms was never a thing.

toranks77

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We do need more female jogresses. Surprised to see how Palmon and Piyomon wish for their jogress. But it's probably another wishy wishy just like in 02, all 02 partners dreamt of their "Jogresses".....

Mastemon, Rafflesimon, and Ordinemon! But how come Ofanimon and Rasielmon never got a jogress for being the good version of Ordinemon?

No reason for one in-universe, I guess. Magnadramon is Kari's Gatomon's Mega form, not Ophanimon - so even if Meicoomon had reached Rasielmon, there would be no Ophanimon for her to DNA Digivolve with.
Actually, in Digimon Adventure PSP, Ophanimon is the Mega of Tailmon and in that game Hiroyuki Kakudou, the director of Adventure, was the main developer. However, Holydramon (Magnadramon) was present in the 02 movie and Tri, in both products Kakudou did not participate. It is questionable what the canonical Mega of the Hikari's Tailmon should be, although they can be both since the digimons have several evolution lines.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, in Digimon Adventure PSP, Ophanimon is the Mega of Tailmon and in that game Hiroyuki Kakudou, the director of Adventure, was the main developer. However, Holydramon (Magnadramon) was present in the 02 movie and Tri, in both products Kakudou did not participate. It is questionable what the canonical Mega of the Hikari's Tailmon should be, although they can be both since the digimons have several evolution lines.

Kakudou was not a developer on the game as far as I'm aware. He was hired to do the voice direction. He had no specific say over the game, although it wouldn't be shocking if they got his opinions on certain things (I recall someone saying he got a Producer credit on the game for just that, but I haven't looked at the full credit scroll to see if he's listed as such, or if it's just info people pass around.)

Toei and Bandai have made it quite clear what they consider the 'canonical form' for Hikari's Tailmon to be.

Kakudou's opinion on the subject, which he's never really spoken of, doesn't really come into play for what 'counts'.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's Pal+Biyo comedy time if anything, meaning it'll just be them attempting it and not knowing how -- given all the fusions of before came during dire moments with two kids.
Not necessarily impossible though. Last Evolution could have Tai receive backup on the finale, and Sora+Mimi turn up with a newly discovered jogress of theirs. Neat twist that doesn't need much if any explanation. It might not even be a Mega form.

Speaking of which, we don't know as of yet how closely Last Evolution actually abides to the continuity set out by Tri — so it's even possible the film will just act as if Piyomon et. al accessing their mega forms was never a thing.

Although I suspect Tri events won't be directly mentioned, it is pretty likely the other 6 Digimon accessing Mega evolutions will still be in continuity.

Toei won't retcon Tri (as they didn't retcon 02). I mean they still use Tri's seiyuus.

It's clear Toei and Bandai had chosen Holydramon for the mega evolution of Adventure Tailmon.

Although Hiroyuki Kakudou was involved in Digimon Adventure PSP, this story is obviously not canon for the anime (as both are different versions of the same story). Not to mention that we don't know if Kakudou was involved in Ophanimon appearance in that game.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The weird thing about this short is that Piyomon and Palmon HAVE Jogressed, it's just that the other six Digimon came along for the ride.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The weird thing about this short is that Piyomon and Palmon HAVE Jogressed, it's just that the other six Digimon came along for the ride.

If we count Mercy Mode that was technically a "fusion" since the level stayed the same, rather than a Jogress which increases the level.

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Toei won't retcon Tri (as they didn't retcon 02). I mean they still use Tri's seiyuus.
Tri was such an incoherent mess that it's arguably better to just pretend it didn't happen. You're right that it seems like they want to try and abide to 02's crazy rushed epilogue, but Tri didn't really understand the events of the previous series, no less the basic lore, and twisted it all for contrived narrative drama.

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tri was such an incoherent mess that it's arguably better to just pretend it didn't happen. You're right that it seems like they want to try and abide to 02's crazy rushed epilogue, but Tri didn't really understand the events of the previous series, no less the basic lore, and twisted it all for contrived narrative drama.

Regardless our opinion of Tri (I like it), it is extremely unlikely Toei won't consider Tri in the canon.

After all, Toei doesn't have any reason to retcon Tri.

If the staff of the movie doesn't want to mention the events in Tri, this would be pretty easy, since the events in Tri are enough conclusive (and 5 years had passed for the movie).

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If we count Mercy Mode that was technically a "fusion" since the level stayed the same, rather than a Jogress which increases the level.

I think this is more indicative that MM was just borrowing the power of the other Partners and didn't actually fuse with them, if anything. It wasn't made very clear in tri after all.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm very interested to know what the so called Last Evolution would be, maybe Victory Greymon, Z'd Garurumon, Valdurmon, Rosemon BM, Tyrant Kabuterimon, Ophanimon, Goldramon etc. or less likely X forms.

Hopefully not another Omnimon! I would like some interesting jogresses but please not him lol.