Megadramon Preview for Booster Set 9

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster9megadramon_january28_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 9 X Record. This time it's Megadramon.

Megadramon gets some really nice looking art with some nice lighting and texturing, and he's about to have a... not quite a little battle, there's a chainsaw afterall... but hey, sometimes things happen.

Previous previews for Booster Set 9 X Record:

Booster Set 9 X Record will be out on February 25th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Booster Set EX-02 Digital Hazard & Limited Card Set Online.

We have the first info for Booster Set 9 X-Record.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 9,594

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and he's about to have a... not quite a little battle, there's a chainsaw afterall... but hey, sometimes things happen.
It's the Arena from World 1, pretty sure you can't have things die there.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh wow, a cage fight? I still haven't played DW1

Megadramon
[When Digivolved] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimons or Tamers with a Play Cost of 3 or less.
[Inherited Effect]: [When Attacking] When this Digimon has [Machine] or [Dragonkin] in its traits, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimons or Tamers with a Play Cost of 3 or less.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the battle arena from World 1, feels slightly off if Megadramon is in here to be Maki's partner but nice reference all the same (actually, is that why Monochromon was in this set???? ReArise Tapirmon was Taprimon > Monochromon > Megadramon so is this card set implying the same for Tri by having Tapirmon, Maki, Monochromon, and Megadramon? I think they are actually, interesting. or at the least, they included Sara's Tapirmon's line in this set by having those three Digimon. maybe Machinedramon will be in it too?)

Hydranoid413

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
no effect that buffs your other digimon when it dies?

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the battle arena from World 1, feels slightly off if Megadramon is in here to be Maki's partner but nice reference all the same (actually, is that why Monochromon was in this set???? ReArise Tapirmon was Taprimon > Monochromon > Megadramon so is this card set implying the same for Tri by having Tapirmon, Maki, Monochromon, and Megadramon? I think they are actually, interesting. or at the least, they included Sara's Tapirmon's line in this set by having those three Digimon. maybe Machinedramon will be in it too?)
We haven't got a Huanglongmon card yet, right? If we get one here, the "intended line" would be Maki's.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think before Huanglongmon, we get Baihumon first. And if it is Baihumon, it sure is "intended" for Daigo's.
I fail to agree with the idea of Huanglongmon would be Maki's partner. Because it's not. There's a reason why it happened like that in the flashback.
If Omegamon MM is the partner of all 8 01 Chosen Children, Huanglongmon should be the partner of all 4 (or 5, if you still want to include Maki) 00 Chosen Children.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I consider Huanglongmon to be a separate being from the regular Four Holy Beasts, I don't really see it as a potential evolution for Maki's partner either (and we know for a fact that Bakumon never evolved to Ultimate as far as tri. is concerned). Not everything has to fit into a pattern.

Regardless, Mugendramon seems more likely as the Lv.6 of the line. There's the precedent with ReArise's Bakumon (which the Monochromon component of the line is taken from), but there's also that recently-revealed Option card that specifically supports Lv.6 Machine Digimon (of course, the Option could just be solely meant for the new Raidenmon card).

In addition, with how much Black and Red are associated with the 'cyborg dragons' (MetalGreymon, MetalTyranomon, Megadramon/Gigadramon, etc.), dual-Black/Red suits Mugendramon more than Huanglongmon.

Not to mention, the Megadramon card itself has an inherited effect that only applies to Machine and Dragon Man Digimon, of which Huanglongmon is neither.

Last edited:

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
dual-Black/Red suits Mugendramon more than Huanglongmon.
I'd be pretty accepting of it since it is a dragon and the Huanglong Ore of its body is almost indestructible. I could also see it being purple/yellow because of its taoist themes

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
dual-Black/Red suits Mugendramon more than Huanglongmon.
I'd be pretty accepting of it since it is a dragon and the Huanglong Ore of its body is almost indestructible. I could also see it being purple/yellow because of its taoist themes
I didn't mean to say that it's impossible for Huanglongmon; just that it's far more suitable for Mugendramon in comparison. Anyways, now that I realize that Gaioumon is the Red/Black Lv.6 implicitly tied to Bakumon's line in this set, both of them are incorrect.

As for Yellow/Purple, I feel that this specific Color combination has too much connotation with angels and demons, and the individual colors themselves don't have much to do with Huanglongmon (well, Yellow in the very literal sense does).

Rather, I could see Huanglongmon unironically being a dual-Black/White (with either a Rainbow evolution cost, or 4 Colors to represent each of the Four Holy Beasts). I feel Black/White more accurately captures the 'pure' extremities of light and darkness, without the angelic and demonic connotation. Black also connects to the Ouryumon line, who has the closest relationship with Huanglongmon.

Dual-White would be very unusual, yes; but Huanglongmon itself is very unusual for a Digimon, such as its complete lack of attribute in the DRB.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was never keen on the implication that Maki's Megadramon was going to become a Machinedramon, cuz the Dark Masters already had one.