Medabots Dim Card for Vital Bracelet Announced as Medawatch Version Revival Purchase Bonus- Pre-orders Open

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The 'reason' for the updated Medabots X Digimon April Fools day fun has been announced!

The Medawatch (Medarotch) is getting a revival version in Japan from Premium Bandai.

As a purchase bonus, you get a Medabots Dim Card that works with the Digimon Vital Bracelet! The lineup for the DIM hasn't been announced, but they show both Omedamon and OmegaKnight on it.

It's noted this is a bonus special item that does not have compatibility with any Medabots product.

Pre-orders are open now for 19,800 yen. Pre-orders close on May 12th and it ships in October.

If you want to import it...

We've currently pared down the list of intermediaries we list due to some places closing and others becoming iffy in their communication, calling into question their reliability. If you have any stories, positive or negative, about any intermediaries, DM me with them so we can figure out who might be worth adding (or re-adding), since these aren't affiliate links or anything, simply suggested ways to make it easier for fans to nab stuff.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

[One bit of disclosure. I've worked on the Medabots franchise.]

Attachments

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
at about $179 US and hoops I'd need to jump through to get the product, I'll unfortunately have to pass. I want this dim so bad, though šŸ˜­

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how they'll work out the line. I can see Omekamon -> OmegaKnight -> Omedamon, but OmegaKnight would probably be Ultimate-class... Maybe we'll get new Digimon that work as non-fusion pre-evos for Omegamon? I guy can hope.

EDIT: This got me thinking... Maybe Omedamon will only be obtainable at April 1st each year? Because that's the only time his Reference Book profile is up...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
April Fools and they'll refund anyone that buys it in 24 hours? if not, then neat a proper cross over

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how they'll work out the line. I can see Omekamon -> OmegaKnight -> Omedamon, but OmegaKnight would probably be Ultimate-class... Maybe we'll get new Digimon that work as non-fusion pre-evos for Omegamon? I guy can hope.

EDIT: This got me thinking... Maybe Omedamon will only be obtainable at April 1st each year? Because that's the only time his Reference Book profile is up...
Considering they're using OmegaKnight, it's possible that the DiM roster will be entirely Medabots, with the exception of Omedamon. After all, this is primarily meant for Medabots fans, who happen to also have a Vital Bracelet.

Of course, presumably, the roster naturally includes the other Digimon-themed Medabots like GreyWars and GaruruMetal.

As for other Medabots, they'll probably use Metabee and Rokusho, considering they're the components for Omedamon and the mascots of the franchise. Aside from them, they might use Cross Messiah; an in-universe hybrid of Metabee+Rokusho, as well as the protagonist's partner in the most recent Metabots game.

Last edited:

MisatoFromNERV

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ordered via a proxy, just waiting on confirmation. Grabbed 6 of the GP DIM cards too since they are random.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is so damn cool, I was actually pricing out some medarotch's last month and I'm glad I never pulled the trigger.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh? April Fools on Omedamon actually became very real from a April Fool joke as the new Dim card?!

THAT IS PRETTY HUGE GRADUATE! Glad Omedamon didn't fade away as the April Fool joke internet.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is this for real or a joke.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was gonna say this seems WAAAY too pricy but it seems it comes with 31 of those lil medals
So its just regular pricy now
:p
Edit: Here they are for those interested

Last edited:

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tempting because I loooove a committed April Fools gag, but definitely too much for me with all the other stuff I've bought recently lol. Props to Bandai for the follow-through.

MisatoFromNERV

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was gonna say this seems WAAAY too pricy but it seems it comes with 31 of those lil medals
So its just regular pricy now
:p
Edit: Here they are for those interested
Ooh where did you see this image at?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's what I'd like to know, the product doesn't seem to have that image.

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is how to do a crossover.

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is awesome and I would LOVE to have the Medawatch + medals + the DiM... Might need to secure some funds. :)

Lailcn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have yā€™all seen anything about the card being released on its own?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is really cool. ...You ever think they should try to make a new Medabots anime? You think this could help? I did kind of enjoy the first Medabots game they had on the GBA/Wii U.