Maybe I missed this??

Pinkcrane

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I have been thinking <maybe over thinking> about it...In then ending of season 2, they have their Digimon with them. Then when the events of tri happens...no digimon in the start. Did I miss where they explain it or what. Is it something they skipped over and didn’t talk about like the missing 02 kids...or was it explained and I totally missed it?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the first chunk of tri. they make clear that the gates to the digital world sealed shut (roughly a year before tri., although I may be off on the timeframe), like what happened at the end of Adventure/season 1, although they don't know the exact 'thing' that caused them to shut.

The kids were not with their Digimon at the time.

The 02 gang found some way to get back in, which is what we see at the beginning of tri.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the first chunk of tri. they make clear that the gates to the digital world sealed shut (roughly a year before tri., although I may be off on the timeframe), like what happened at the end of Adventure/season 1, although they don't know the exact 'thing' that caused them to shut.
I vaguely remember something about human legislation sealing it shut, not magic. Am I misremembering that?