Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The United Kingdom has a long history of getting random bits of Digimon on DVD from various companies.

It looks like this time hopefully the UK will get better luck.

Image Thumbnail

Manga UK has announced at the MCM London Comic Con they have licensed Digimon Seasons 1 and 2 for a DVD release.

At the moment they don't seem 100% sure which version they are doing, but they believe it's the TV version. They likely licensed it and just have to release whatever version they are sent (or they may think there are multiple edits of the dub, since around the time of Digimon some anime were done various ways at the same time.)

Thanks to ANN for the news.

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally a UK release. Been waiting for this for ages. Does this explain why it is no longer to be streamed on Amazon Prime or is it for another reason?

Osuka

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope it will be in japanese... It would also be nice if they made a new dub but that most likely won't happen. :(

Poke-Artist

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MarcFBR; said:
At the moment they don't seem 100% sure which version they are doing, but they believe it's the TV version. They likely licensed it and just have to release whatever version they are sent (or they may think there are multiple edits of the dub, since around the time of Digimon some anime were done various ways at the same time.)
I never knew there were multiple edits. Hope we get a good version with the addition of a Japanese Dub with English Subtitles too.

I am really looking forward to this as I own a really bad bootleg copy of Adventure and Adventure 02.

LotusRose

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would've been all over this years ago.

Back then I just remember buying whatever random bits they released on VHS.
I remember having the Devimon arc and the start of the Etemon arc, then I think they went from that right to the first 3-4 episodes of 02... then I think they released the first few episodes of Tamers, then skipped to the first three Devas and I think that might have been it. So the Devimon arc was the only one you could get in its entirety back then, unless I'm mistaken. It wasn't really a big issue for me though since I taped any shows I liked back then, so I at least had the majority of the first two seasons.

Then years later DVDs were even worse. I got the first volume which I think had up to Kabuterimon's debut episode. Then vol 2. was released God knows how many years later with only three more episodes. Then I believe they did a "collection" which ended one damn episode before the end of the Devimon arc.

It always seemed like a shame to me, because where I was back then, the Digimon anime was pretty popular. People were still playing Pokémon games, but Digimon was the show people were usually talking about.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never knew there were multiple edits. Hope we get a good version with the addition of a Japanese Dub with English Subtitles too.
There aren't multiple edits, considering the Cinedigm masters all have blurred-out Jetix and/or TV-Y7 rating logos on them. Putting the Japanese version to the dub footage would be painstakingly impossible given the number of cut scenes, and the dub's pension for screen-wipes.

Maybe Saban has access to uncut footage before the FOX Kids/Jetix finalized versions, but I don't think any of the parties involved care enough to go digging in the archives?

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There aren't multiple edits, considering the Cinedigm masters all have blurred-out Jetix and/or TV-Y7 rating logos on them. Putting the Japanese version to the dub footage would be painstakingly impossible given the number of cut scenes, and the dub's pension for screen-wipes.

Maybe Saban has access to uncut footage before the FOX Kids/Jetix finalized versions, but I don't think any of the parties involved care enough to go digging in the archives?
Dubbing the English dub to the Japanese video isn't impossible to do. It would have to be edited the same way the Fox Kids release was. It would take ages to do though.

Surly they could do a better job at cleaning them up before releasing the DVD.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There aren't multiple edits, considering the Cinedigm masters all have blurred-out Jetix and/or TV-Y7 rating logos on them.
I vaguely remember issues, but I don't remember blurred logos, at least off the top of my head (it's been awhile to be fair.)

Mind giving episode numbers?

I remember for season 2 that.... 4 episodes had ratings logos, but they weren't blurred out, and I don't recall seeing or hearing of any blurred out Jetix logos (but like I said, it's been awhile, it's possible I'm not remembering properly.)

Solomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The United Kingdom has a long history of getting random bits of Digimon on DVD from various companies.

It looks like this time hopefully the UK will get better luck.

Image Thumbnail

Manga UK has announced at the MCM London Comic Con they have licensed Digimon Seasons 1 and 2 for a DVD release.

Thanks to ANN for the news.
That's awesome news mate, I live in England, so it's quite a privilege. :D

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I vaguely remember issues, but I don't remember blurred logos, at least off the top of my head (it's been awhile to be fair.)

Mind giving episode numbers?

I remember for season 2 that.... 4 episodes had ratings logos, but they weren't blurred out, and I don't recall seeing or hearing of any blurred out Jetix logos (but like I said, it's been awhile, it's possible I'm not remembering properly.)
The eps on Netflix have all the ratings logos blurred out when they appear, but they are still on the disks themselves. Maybe this is what they mean?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The eps on Netflix have all the ratings logos blurred out when they appear, but they are still on the disks themselves. Maybe this is what they mean?
Possibly. My concern was more the ideas of the station bugs, as very often those are sitting there the entire time (a few seconds of a blurred ratings bug is an annoyance, but a blurred station bug could be insanely annoying.)

Status
Not open for further replies.