Malaysian Digimon DVDs

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey all,

So I found these DVDs while perusing eBay, and I just wanted to question their authenticity. It's claimed that they're official Malaysian releases, but I'm willing to bet there's still a high chance they're actually bootlegs. Supposedly, these actually contain the Japanese version of the anime (with English subs) as well as the English and Cantonese dubs. Now, I'm assuming the dub included would be the (IMO inferior) Asian English Dub. However, as there are no officially released DVDs with the Japanese/subbed version in the US, I'm tempted. So does anyone have any information on these? Are they potentially legit? And if anyone does actually have them, I would be interested to know the quality of the picture, subs, and which English dub they contain. The listings are below:

Last edited by a moderator:

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bought a set of Malaysian Tamers DVDs a few years ago, looking for Japanese audio with English subs. They had pro-looking packaging, the hologram of the Malaysian copyright organizers, and were listed by a serious media company that does sell some legit stuff. But it seems there's basically just no enforcement over there. The video quality was terrible, and looked like it was recorded from analogue TV broadcast or copied from a degraded tape.

I heard that for all the older series, the video was rearranged for the Western English dub, so it's not possible to put the Japanese audio track onto the same DVD like a lot of other anime do. I guess there's not enough demand for separate sub DVDs...

Last edited: