MagnaKidmon Preview for Booster Set 6

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
boosterset6_magnakidmon_may15_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 6 Double Diamond. This time it's MagnaKidmon!

MagnaKidmon doesn't show up that often, but there has been some teases and hints lately that he'd be making an appearance (making him the 2nd of the Three Musketeers to get a card in Booster Set 6.) Some really nice crisp and nice art of him flying through the air while preparing his move Happy Bullet Showering.

Booster Set 6 Double Diamond is scheduled for release on May 28th.

Previous Card previews for Booster Set 6:

We have clean card images for Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon.

We've also begun to get previews for Booster Set 6 Double Diamond, which will feature characters from Kizuna!

We've also gotten our first details for Booster EX-01 Classic Collection!

Plus we have the first details for the 1 year anniversary of the card game, including a number of fun things!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 8,040

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder, are they putting in all these more obscure Digimon in this set on the theory that it'll sell anyway because of being a big LEK tie in?

Because I'm into it if that's the case.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder, are they putting in all these more obscure Digimon in this set on the theory that it'll sell anyway because of being a big LEK tie in?

Because I'm into it if that's the case.

That has been the general usage of themes. The 'name/cover' theme is something big that'll make sure people show up, and they slide in various subthemes, including 1 or 2 that are more obscure (on top of just general references in card art.)

Doing that allows them to not overstuff the obvious 'will get sales' elements. Like how Battle of Omega easily could have included 'every' Omegamon, but they purposely left a few out, and those can be used in future sets as 'the first time' they appear.

The set also had various subthemes like more Xros Wars Digimon then you needed for even an 'OmegaShoutmon' setup, a decent amount of Cyber Sleuth stuff, it had a number of 'dark' versions of known Digimon, etc.

Many times the subthemes seem to be things that fit in naturally with some aspect of the main theme, allowing them to have a generally coherent feel for the full set.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Magna Kidmon
<Security Attack +1>
[When Digivolved] You may play a 7 cost Option card from your hand without paying it's play cost. If you're unable to play an Option card with this effect, choose 1 of your opponent's Digimon with 4,000 DP or less and delete it

I really love getting new card art of Digimon who have such blurry and/or limited official art to go off of and Magna Kidmon was definitely one of those cases. Now we need a good shot of it from the back to fully take in its back spikes and the big tail-like gun that goes down its back that you can't see in this card's angle.
I never realized before but when I look at its green eyed domino mask face and glove-like three fingered hands- this guy looks a lot like an evolved Impmon!

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ayy, I was right about him being in Red. :)

The artwork looks cool, but I'm not sure what's the best way to use him. Just slot him into a normal aggro Red deck or try to find a way to hybrid the Three Musketeers together... :unsure:

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so beelstar all but confirmed for purple this set
seems all three have the same general evolve effects though im curious what the other two options will be

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa finally. Because Magnakidmon only have one that official art but even if it have large size. It's not enough because we barely have more arts of Three Muskeeters. But this card art made me teared.

So finally... Full art of him! And nice effect! Surprised it's completely unlike Gundramon and his Attack option card, it's really good effect if made to unable to use 7 Cost cards, then delete up in cruel response!

BelleStarrmon totally will get purple for sure!

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guess their whole gimmick is just going to be 7 cost Options? That's not the worst gimmick - 7 is around where the really, really good effects start setting in, and now that they've made this they'll keep supporting that.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was not expecting them to continue revealing more of the Musketeers lol, but this is great. Really curious to see if they use a certain Level 5 to link up MagnaKidmon and Gundramon in the same deck, because right now you're not going to be able to. If BelleStarrmon is purple as you'd expect, it'll be able to be used in black with Gundramon thanks to Rebellimon and Gundramon can be used with it in purple for the same reason.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg this card is heaven, they seriously need to redo some of the official arts

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg this card is heaven, they seriously need to redo some of the official arts
I don't want them to redo the profile arts themselves, just to upload them in a resolution that doesn't make me feel like a drunk person without their glasses squinting to make out details

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can really see his resemlance to Satellamon in this art.
He's even doing the same Kaiketsu Zubat pose where he adjusts his hat.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can really see his resemlance to Satellamon in this art.
He's even doing the same Kaiketsu Zubat pose where he adjusts his hat.

Yeah, thats what happens when you have to make an entire new universe of monsters and you can use an already existent universe of monsters to take inspiration of, because you know, both belong to the same company.
And that pose is something i have seen lot of times in cowboy/gunslinger kind of characters.

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neat to see MagnaKidmon finally get some high resolution art. Interesting idea they're going for with the Three Musketeers with 7 Cost Options and a basic deletion effect/Keyword appropriate for their color since Gundramon has Blocker and a Cost-based deletion effect compared to MagnaKid's SA+1 and DP Deletion effect. Gonna be interesting to see how the 7 Cost Options for MagnaKid and BelleStar compare to Gundramon's.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm realizing bow that I have no idea what that black shape above Magna Kidmon's head is in this artwork. I also wonder if the background with oversized bones is a reference to somewhere?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The black thing is just the end of his right scarf. The left scarf looks more bluish in this art because of the lighting.