MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster7lucemonfm_august14_2021.jpg
booster7deadoralive_august14_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 7 New Adventure. This time it's Lucemon: Falldown Mode & option card Dead or Alive.

Falldown Mode itself features Lucemon looking menacing, regal, creepy, all at once. It's a really nice looking card. Dead or ALive is an option card featuring him charging up one of his signature attacks.

Previous Previews of Booster 7:

Booster 7 Next Adventure will be out on August 27th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards!

We've also gotten early details for Booster Set 7 New Adventure!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 16,099

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, these cards look hype! Lucemon once again breaks convention to show his dominance. :sneaky:

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon: Falldown Mode
Your [Lucemon] can digivolve into this card in your hand for a memory cost of 7, ignoring this card's digivolution requirements.
When playing this card from your hand, reduce this card's Play cost by 3 for every 10 cards in your Trash.
[When Played] [When Digivolving] Delete 1 of your opponent's Lv. 6 or lower Digimon or 1 of your opponent's Tamers.

Ultimate Sacrifice
[Main] Play 1 purple Lv. 5 Digimon card from your trash without paying its memory cost. If you have 10 or more cards in your trash, you may play 1 Digimon card with [Lucemon] in its name without paying its memory cost instead.
[Security] Activate this card's [Main] effect.

I'm not sure yet if Lucemon Falldown will be as sought after as the rookie Lucemon. It's certainly a fun card and Ultimate Sacrifice can target rookie Lucemon as well

edit: actually I forgot that Lucemon kills anything not Lv. 7 or a Tamer when it enters play. It'll be super sought after for sure

Last edited:

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not the biggest surprise, but I was definitively waiting for this reveal. I assume that the black hole behind Lucemon is the Dark Area as a reference to Frontier/his lore as one of the 7 Great Demon Lords. Very Cool art.

Not shure about the usefulness of the Option, though (besides its security effect). I mean, Lucemon FM is already a level 5 purple Digimon that you can call form the trash with Necrophobia or Revived from the Darkness for cheaper and I don't know if you want to call a Lv.3 Lucemon for a cost of 8. So I think that we'll have to wait for Satan Mode or Larva to maybe make it worth the play cost.

Edit: I was forgetting that on play effects do not activate with the other option cards. I'm still not shure, anyway.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it makes me wonder how many Digimon in the card game feel bad when they delete a Hybrid Digimon and find out they murdered a human child considering that only 2 of them so far are down to kill children

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omegamon Zwart D from BT5 can Delete a Tamer when it's Evolved.
You're right, he can! So there is that.
it makes me wonder how many Digimon in the card game feel bad when they delete a Hybrid Digimon and find out they murdered a human child considering that only 2 of them so far are down to kill children
I mean, they clearly don't feel bad killing other Digimon.

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, they clearly don't feel bad killing other Digimon.
Unless their data is absorbed, digimon can reencarnate infenitly, humans can't as far as im alware.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh turned out it's not dual color card. But at least its effectn can bypass evo requirements for Lucemon.

Jeez what's going on with card designing? MameTyramon card didn't list X Antibody and now this Lucemon is only single color.

Oh well if it keeps up like that, I wonder what's up with their minds while designing...

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dual-color cards aren't a thing in this game, unlike Battle Spirits.
some cards say they count as more than one color but it's stated in the effects, not through a visual indicator.

But yeah, this Lucemon has no reason to also be yellow. It can only evolve from any other Lucemon of a lower level and none of its effects are the type of effects yellow is associated with

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dual-color cards aren't a thing in this game, unlike Battle Spirits.
There are cards that are two colors, but those are one color cards with an effect that makes them also a second color, yes.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For reference, the current dual-color cards are:
  • Red Silphymon, counts as Yellow
  • Yellow Shakkoumon, counts as Blue
  • Red RizeGreymon, counts as Yellow
  • Black Gigadramon, counts as Red
  • Red Megadramon, counts as Black
  • Purple Rebellimon, counts as Black
  • Red Tyrannomon, counts as Green
But even lore-wise, I don't see the point of making Lucemon FM dual-Yellow. Unlike Mastemon (who also isn't a dual-Yellow), Lucemon FM isn't a combination of light and darkness, but a transitional corruption of light into darkness.

Unless Lucemon X is classified as Yellow, it wouldn't seem logical for any other Yellow cards to evolve from Lucemon FM, both gameplay-wise and lore-wise. At most, Yellow would just be a pre-evolution option (which is redundant since it already has a Lucemon-specific evolution clause).

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every Paildramon as well, and Dinobeemon.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope, those two and several other Digimon evolve from multiple colours, but don't count as other colours because they have no such effects.

If we looked at cards that evolved from more than one colour, we'd have quite a lot. Everything from Eosmon to Omnimon X would fall into that list lol.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Both those cards look appropriately creepy/menacing! Can't wait to see Lucemon SM and hopefully the remaining 7GDL sooner or later (especially Daemon).

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They're not dual-colors. Every Paildramon card has been mono-Blue so far. Likewise, every Dinobeemon card has been mono-Green. Both of them can evolve from either color, but neither of them count as both.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon looks spook badass can't wait for sm and X antibody, oh please susanoomon as well.