LovelyAngemon Profile Art & Render, Plus Renders for Alphamon [BP] & Magnamon [BP]

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Just a few small, but fun, Digimon ReArise updates, both of which involved LovelyAngemon!

First up, now that she is in the game, the Digimon ReArise Twitter shared her profile artwork. Really nice looking art that kind of screams 'Digimon art' to it.

On top of that, some renders...

The ReArise renders include LovelyAngemon, along with Magnamon [BP] and Alphamon [BP]. Both of them are event type recolors, as the game has done before. Just thought they looked neat and was worth showing.

Thanks to Chortos-2 for the renders.

Attachments

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
is the knee of Alphamon clipping super bad or is that just me? Lovely Angemon looks amazing in 2D

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was already a fan of LovelyAngemon's design on a fundamental level, but that official artwork is super clean.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With that art like that, she really does look like she is a Precure.

But her twintails' tips are so suspicious. It's same thing as Angewomon X's "hair feather".

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NGL, she feels like she'd be be a perfect rival to BeelStarmon, for some reason.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NGL, she feels like she'd be be a perfect rival to BeelStarmon, for some reason.
I brought up the possible reason for this a couple days ago:
Yeah Beelstarmon the Bayonetta version Beezlebumon but importantly, Bayonetta really counts as the magical girl?
Well, Bayonetta has a sequence were she changes from a regular outfit to her "battle gear" each game, so she can count, imo. Perhaps as a honorary?
Bayonetta is also a witch and the progenitor of the magical girl genre was Sally the Witch in 1966 hence the use of the term majokko (魔女っ子, lit. "little witch") for the genre during the 1970s until the term was largely replaced by "magical girl" in the 1980s, reflecting the new popularity of shows produced around that time including Magical Princess Minky Momo and Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel, while Sailor Moon ushered in the age of tokusatsu style magical girls during 1990s.

Basically witches are the precursor to magical girls hence why the former regularly occurs in magical girl franchises.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there a specific justification for the BP recolors in-game? Or is it more of a "check out these special alternate costumes" sort of deal?
In the last game the alt colors were explained as Volcanicdramon’s volcanic ash mutating them

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I brought up the possible reason for this a couple days ago:
Yeah Beelstarmon the Bayonetta version Beezlebumon but importantly, Bayonetta really counts as the magical girl?
Well, Bayonetta has a sequence were she changes from a regular outfit to her "battle gear" each game, so she can count, imo. Perhaps as a honorary?
Bayonetta is also a witch and the progenitor of the magical girl genre was Sally the Witch in 1966 hence the use of the term majokko (魔女っ子, lit. "little witch") for the genre during the 1970s until the term was largely replaced by "magical girl" in the 1980s, reflecting the new popularity of shows produced around that time including Magical Princess Minky Momo and Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel, while Sailor Moon ushered in the age of tokusatsu style magical girls during 1990s.

Basically witches are the precursor to magical girls hence why the former regularly occurs in magical girl franchises.
LovelyAngemon reminds of Precures.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there a specific justification for the BP recolors in-game? Or is it more of a "check out these special alternate costumes" sort of deal?
there doesn't seem to be any lore to them, I guess they're just shiny Pokemon Digimon. Same thing with the previous Rasenmon Annviersary versions but at least they had the interesting notion of having the opposite versions colours. This Alphamon and Magnamon are just randoms. Surprised they made new ones when they had around 15 mutants from Links they could've recycled. The mutants will prob show up as "BP" Digimon soon enough.

This does seem to indicate theyre starting to run out of Digimon to add to the game though

At least the mutants had lore behind them, with the Volcanicdramon thing. Whilst it was obviously just a "we made something up as an excuse to recolour models", I think any lore is better than no lore.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I remember right, they were a Rasenmon and Rasenmon Fury Mode with their colorations swapped.

Taso

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want to see LovelyAngemon in the card game now.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are cool. We'll probably get her next story chapter. But those are from the Battle Park? Also, yes, the two Rasenmon are color switched. ...Have not got them but I see them a lot. ...At least Rasenmon. Don't see Fury Mode much.