LovelyAngemon Images & Evolution Sequence from ReArise

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, she is okay but they are pushing it by making her an angemon-species when she has no wings etc.
Aesthetically, I feel like she could be in a common evolutionary tree with darcmon and lilithmon if they ever developed one for them.

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Twintails? Check

Magical girl? Check

Beating you up with her fists and kicks? Check

Best angel Digimon we've gotten in years by a long mile.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are we really getting a magical girl digimon? Lol.
That's funny and nice at the same time.

Anyway I'm glad Michi isn't having Ophanimon/Holydramon for her Ultimate.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My main thoughts about the design: human, all too human.
Angel Digimon were always more on the humanoid side, but there was at least elaborate armor and giant wings. Now we have an angel Digimon that skips the wings and wears a minimally modified dress instead of armor, and there's just about nothing interesting left.

I recall drama about some Digimon like a while ago, like Mervamon and Tinkermon not wearing masks, taking away from their monster-like appearance. I think in many cases the argument was overblown, but I can understand the underlying concern of wanting something less human-looking, and in this sense LovelyAngemon is pretty much worse.
Yes, it wears a mask. But it doesn't really have much more. The the most stylized thing about the overall design is the hair but in the context of anime "weird hair" doesn't even register as abnormal.
Mervamon has spikes all over and a snake for an arm, Tinkermon is still obviously based on a fairy tail creature and has wings.
But looking at LovelyAngemon's silhouette on the banner out of context, I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't be able to tell if they were actually introducing a new Digimon or a new human, at least until taking a closer look and noticing the mask.
There are metallic parts integrated into the dress design, but I would argue that this integration is far too smooth. It should have stood out, as on the other side Angemon's belts, clunky gloves and weird metal Implants were contrasting with the angelic design, almost to the point of slight disfigurement and that was the point. So was the over-the-top asymmetry and dissonance in Angewomon's design.
And sure some designs can go for a more sleek and integrated look, but that's often when the base theme of the design is already quite fantastical or technological but here, where the base is really just a human, there should have been more elements that actually stand out.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Ladydevimon gets "LovelyDevimon" as a reference to Cure Black if LovelyAngemon is Cure White. lol nah it isn't gonna happen for sure.
I'd rather have her be another manner of Magical Girl, but only because I'd want her to be a GEAH. Ladydevimon gets ahold of Dansleif and goes Ignite? It's more likely than you think!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, this works. I hope I can get it once it comes to the US. I was lucky enough to get Ulforce Veedramon so that'll surprise the PVP people... I still need LoaderLeomon though... At least I have Mastemon/Ophanimon. But not Lilithmon... ...*ahem* I think it works. ...Now to wonder what those other characters will be.

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think LovelyAngewomon is a more appropriate name

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol I think the evo matches Michi a lot

However...it feels more like an alt evo than a mega evo haha

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But anybody translate this or is it same words from Holy Ring?
Yup, it just says "Digital Monster" like Gatomon's Holy Ring, Angewomon's Holy Ring and Angewomon's ribbons. And all sorts of other Digimon, both holy and non-holy.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if she will have any relation to witchelny

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, until if LovelyAngemon's profile comes out and explains about her lacking the angel wings and not connected to Angemon subspecies like MarineAngemon's profile then maybe people will accept it eventually? I really hope Witchelny gets mentioned there or not...

It's cool we have this new Angemon actually have normal brown hair although it's fading color hair and SlashAngemon/ChoHakkaimon have different colored hairs.

Yup, it just says "Digital Monster" like Gatomon's Holy Ring, Angewomon's Holy Ring and Angewomon's ribbons. And all sorts of other Digimon, both holy and non-holy.
Thx. I will bet that twintail ribbons may be some new "Holy ring" or not.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, until if LovelyAngemon's profile comes out and explains about her lacking the angel wings and not connected to Angemon subspecies like MarineAngemon's profile then maybe people will accept it eventually? I really hope Witchelny gets mentioned there or not...
It'd be weird if she's not connected to Angemon subspecies when she just evolved from Angewomon. Maybe if she's some sort of a fallen angel that sacrificed her holy power for fighting strength?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Your post gave me new idea. What if she actually sacrificed the Holy power for magic power of Witchelny because she is "Magical girl"? Instead of "Fallen Angel". Or second suggestion: She did became the fallen angel but she didn't get corrupted instead she lost all Holy powers so she picked up random clothing to become "Lovely Angel" mysterious hero to fight against evil just like Japan's mysterious heroes with not-totally-secret identities.

... Damn, I didn't think LovelyAngemon's design actually gave me multiple thoughts and some doubts.

"CureAngemon" sounds like it's more of cutesy name. "MagicalAngemon" is very odd to say that.

If she summons the magical stick in animation then that will EXPLAIN it well. Knowing Digimon, Precure usually have tiny cute mascots so wanna bet LovelyAngemon will have tinies as it's part of her Battle Techniques like Meicrackmon and BanchoGolemon etc?

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't believe the concept of a Precure-based Digimon never crossed my mind.

So in true Precure fashion, Angewomon can now evolve into a magical girl that kicks deadbeats in the neck. Yes please.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
She just made an appearance in today's chapter in rearise, she, rasenmon and machinedramon defeated grandracmon, the story is getting better especially the next chapter where 4 holy beasts will awaken <3, i am dying to see the next chapter.