LovelyAngemon Images & Evolution Sequence from ReArise

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We found out about LovelyAngemon last week in V-Jump and we already have a decent chunk more of the new Ultimate form of Michi's partner Digimon.

She will be showing up later this week in the Japanese version of the game in a new story chapter.

A few different closer up shots of her from game data.

We also have her evolution sequence which we've mirrored...

Now that we have better images of her, interesting how there are not only unique touches, but a decent chunk of elements from Angewomon's design integrated into her for an interesting new Ultimate level.

Thanks to a few different people for sending everything in, with the original source being Chortos-2.

Attachments

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
She looks pretty cool. Very much invoking that "little sister" vibes of the Angemon-species. :unsure:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh with those twintails like that (I mistaken it as the wings at first), she does feel like it's a magical girl. With no angel wings even no Holy ring.

LovelyAngemon. Yeah alright. I knew it. It's hero name.

She reminded me of a certain girl with "Wrath" from Re:Zero.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno, I'm trying hard to like her design. We have a mega level magical girl which is cool at least. Maybe it'll grow on me? I definitely don't hate it, it just doesn't feel Digimon or Mega Level to me

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno about the rest of you, but this is a twintailed magical girl who fights WITH HER FISTS, that's good enough for me.

can't wait for it to inevitably get into a Story game and require you to grind ATK on angewomon again like mastemon did.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The long pig-tails and kicking animation gave me more of Mika Streetfighter vibe.
I could definitely get behind that, and it would make her a great Digimon partner for Lili Rochefort.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The asymmetry feels a little messy, but I like the holy ribbons around her twintails.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
She's so God damn cute. I see people saying she's a magical girl, which I guess is what I've been asking for lately lol but she lacks a magic wand. but still, so cute, god damn it. I wish she didn't have the mask but it fits Angewomon/Angel Digimon I suppose.

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The long pig-tails and kicking animation gave me more of Mika Streetfighter vibe.
I could definitely get behind that, and it would make her a great Digimon partner for Lili Rochefort.
I thought the same, she resembles mika.
Im not a fan of the design nor the style, still its something fresh, i mean, at least its not a dragon or RK clone, so... im fine with it.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The asymmetry feels a little messy, but I like the holy ribbons around her twintails.
Yeah Angewomon's celestial robe turned into this. But anybody translate this or is it same words from Holy Ring?

Hmm Minerva + Mika + Magical Girl. Nice

I really didn't think they actually release this Magical Girl but also it's some kind of Japan's "Thing" superhero fetish where manga/anime loves to introduce the mysterious hero with the mask only cover the small area over the forehead not the whole head with not-totally-secret identity (Does it have a name for this?) because of "Lovely Angel" name gave that vibes off.

Sailormoon? Dianamon totally is. More or less... IMO

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s missing something I can’t quite put my finger on. Perhaps Tailmon’s tail? Hopefully this will be a Principality type and not a third ophan.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For those wondering why she doesn’t have a wand, she appears to be primarily based on Toei’s Precure franchise, which is rather known for its melee based magical girls.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guessed PreCure in the V-Jump thread, but seeing better images I think LovelyAngemon is also inspired by the YuYuYu franchise. The series is set in the post-apocalyptic Divine Era and has magical girls chosen by a tree god (keyword here is "god"), and is basically a 300-year-spanning war between the pro-human Shinju-sama/earth gods and the human-hating sky gods.
Something about the design seems to remind me of the design's franchise, with protagonist Yuuki Yuuna herself being a melee-based Hero, and the Sentinels wearing masks.

Of course, it could be a coincidence due to them adapting a design trait of angel Digimon to fit a certain motif, but I think there's too many similarities here.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would have maybe preferred a few additional elements from Gatomon (c'mon, give her gauntlets or something!) but overall pretty neat. Can't remember how far global is behind JP in ReArise, but a few more months at least.

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would have maybe preferred a few additional elements from Gatomon (c'mon, give her gauntlets or something!) but overall pretty neat. Can't remember how far global is behind JP in ReArise, but a few more months at least.
Global is just about to get chapter 7 of part 2 while Japan is about to get chapter 12 of part 2, so it's about 5 months behind

Taso

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
She looks awesome! Big fan.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Her hair makes her look shorter. In fact, she and Angewomon have the same height. Her big hair makes her look chibilike.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly if it had wings I'd love this design, it's just a little weird to me, an Angel without wings.

Other than that it looks pretty crisp and nice. Feisty hero girl vibes!

It also would work better as a Perfect/Ultimate rather than a Mega imo and in any case we need more Perfect Angels.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that's the point. Precure girls always have so much bigger and fluffier hairs after magical transformation.

LovelyAngemon fights with magical fists. Extremely big and longer twintails and brown fading to yellow color. Kept Angewomon's purple color but added Pink color just because Precure usually have Pink leaders. Precure girls don't swing the magical "wands" for the whole 24 hours but some of them uses it to launch magical beams as the finishers.

I hope Ladydevimon gets "LovelyDevimon" as a reference to Cure Black if LovelyAngemon is Cure White. lol nah it isn't gonna happen for sure.