Lost Chronicles II: One World

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chapter 161 - Bearer of Hope

Loralyn Syra’an

It had been two days since I’d left Celosia Province, and gone back to Lotisea. It would be at least another half a day before I’d arrive at the village that Deckerdramon protected, Saceaea, and therefore, the sun would be nearly set by the time I arrived, making it easier for me to move around undetected while I searched for Deckerdramon.

Or so I had hoped no more than ten minutes ago.

I suppose I oughtn’t be surprised. The guards working for the royal family of Lotisea were trained to detect the slightest of movements in areas of low visibility. As their princess — no, their heretical princess — I was recognized immediately, and subsequently bound and captured quite roughly by two JewelBeemon, with their sharp claws piercing the skin of my arms.

“Loralyn. You should not have returned,” one of the JewelBeemon said. “You were granted mercy by your parents and simply banished. But since you’ve returned…they may be liable to execute you.”

“…Does Deckerdramon know why I’ve left?” I asked.

“He does not,” the second JewelBeemon replied. “He was deceived into thinking you’d gone on a mere pilgrimage. You and I both know what his reaction would be if he found out why you were gone for as long as you have been…”

“You were always our Guardians’ favorite, you treasonous bitch!” the first JewelBeemon snapped. “So what if you’re a heretic?! Deckerdramon llllllllllooooovvvees you no matter what you think, even if it goes our kingdom’s doctrine! That stupid guardian should be executed too!”

“Enough, older brother,” the second JewelBeemon said, loosening his grip on my arm just enough to remove his claws from underneath my skin.

“But…that doctrine was made by the warrior who founded our kingdom! King Lotisea the First…Men must be brave, and women must be caring…”

“Brother; that doctrine was created over one-thousand years ago,” the younger JewelBeemon said. “Do you not suppose that something so…sexist…could be liable to change?”

“Silence, younger brother! That was the wish of the man who founded our forest kingdom! Do not speak ill of his words, lest you be punished alongside Loralyn!”

“…Yes…older brother…”

“…Say whatever you want. I will not take back what I said. I meant it,” I whispered.

“Why did you return?” the younger JewelBeemon asked quietly. “You must know what will happen to you…”

“…I needed to see Deckerdramon,” I answered. “There’s something I needed to talk to him about…”

“You might not get the chance, princess!” the elder JewelBeemon scoffed. “We ought to have killed you the moment we found you!”

“Her parents ultimately decide her fate, older brother. If we had killed her without their consent, even if it is their desire, they will be very cross with us,” the younger JewelBeemon said.

“Yeah, yeah…today’s your lucky day, princess.”

“…I’m sorry,” I heard the younger JewelBeemon whisper. “Many of us have wished for your return, milady…but not like this…”

“Please, don’t trouble yourself about it,” I said, smiling at the Ultimate Digimon. “If this is what the Goddess has planned for me…then I am prepared. But, I must speak to Deckerdramon no matter what!”

“…I’ll see what I can do.”

“All right, here we are!” The older of the two JewelBeemon brusquely pulled on my arm, attracting my attention to the small village before us. Saceaea Village. The door of one of the white stone houses opened up, and an elder-looking Insect Digimon stepped out. “Grandpa, keep watch over her, wouldja?!”

“Well, I suppose I could, since you asked so nicely,” the Digimon said, speaking in a wheezy, raspy voice that ended with a small laugh. “Come on inside, my dear. I’ll make you some tea…”

“No tea, Gramps! She’s a prisoner!” the older JewelBeemon snapped.

“Now, now, son; that’s no way to treat such a lovely young lady. Now, come on inside, dearie, and I’ll make you something warm to drink…”

“…You can’t argue with the wisdom of old age, brother,” the younger JewelBeemon said. “Come, let us depart, older brother.”

“Fine! But we’ll be back! And with a firing squad of Mothmon, too!” The older JewelBeemon spread his wings and flew off in a huff, leaving his younger brother behind.

“…I’ll do what I can to get your message to Deckerdramon,” the remaining JewelBeemon whispered before flying away after his brother.

“Come on inside out of the cold, dearie; and call me Zamielmon,” the grandfather of the two JewelBeemon said, walking back into his house. A small part of me wanted to run off, and find Deckerdramon on my own, but at the same time, I felt more than obliged to indulge myself in any rare kindness shown to me, in fear that it may not happen again.

“M-Mr. Zamielmon…I, um, suppose you might know who I am…”

“Of course; how could I forget?” Zamielmon asked. “My family has served yours for generations; I was with your sweet mother when you were born, dear Loralyn. I thought I’d never see you again…”

“Y-Yes…forgive me, but I…”

“You don’t remember my face; I’m not surprised,” Zamielmon smiled. “I’m not a knight like my grandchildren; not anymore. Five-hundred years ago, I was injured quite badly helping a few not-so-local heroes from Lachesis fight against some Bio Hybrids and reborn evil Digimon. Deckerdramon requested that I retire, but my family’s been serving the Syra’an Royal Family ever since.”

“Lachesis…That’s where I went when I was run out of my kingdom,” I whispered with a small laugh.

“Did you, now? Well, you walked into a loving family, I see,” Zamielmon said. “…I’d heard a rumor that you were forced away; your family told everyone you were kidnapped by some bandits…”

“…I’m not surprised…They never really cared about me,” I said.

“Loralyn…”

“Zamielmon, if my parents ever truly loved me, would they have left me for dead in the forest?” I asked.

“Think of it this way, my dear; if they didn’t love you, they would have executed you on the spot for your personal beliefs,” Zamielmon sighed. “…Here, the tea is done.”

“…Darjeeling. You know my favorite…”

“Now, Loralyn…You know what I’ve been wanting ask, don’t you?”

“…You want to know why I’m here,” I whispered. “…I needed to speak to Deckerdramon.”

“No doubt you’re aware….the circumstances of our small reunion isn’t a pleasure visit. If all goes as my older grandchild plans, you may very well be executed,” Zamielmon said. “I do hope you’ve a good reason for venturing this far into the forest kingdom…”

“Yes…Zamielmon, I don’t know if you’ve heard, but I’ve heard…rumors…of someone or something murdering powerful Digimon,” I said. “I was worried about Deckerdramon, so I—”

“So, you risked your life over a rumor,” Zamielmon sighed, scratching his long beard.

“I know it’s foolish to put any stock into silly rumors, but I was worried. If it were true, and something happened to Deckerdramon…I couldn’t live with myself…”

“Loralyn…Your heart has always been in the right place, my dear. A princess born noble and true, you are…You are every bit deserving of the title of a noblewoman as the old hero’s wife…”

“When you say hero…do you mean the ancestor to Matthew and Eleanora Kasuto?” I asked. “Zelda’s husband…”

“Indeed…Thomas Kasuto…he and his partner, Statuedramon, came here to save us from the Bio Hybrids and a reborn Horusmon,” Zamielmon said. “If you’re at Lachesis, surely you’ve met her; I’ve only had the pleasure once or twice meself…”

“Yes, I have; she’s a wonderful person,” I said. “But…There’s something…wrong with her…Whenever I’m around her, I can sense an incredible amount of sadness…”

“That’s to be expected, Loralyn; she outlived her husband and many of her descendants by several hundreds of years, all without showing signs of aging herself,” Zamielmon said. “Now, then…While my own grandchildren are away, why don’t you run along back home to Lachesis, and I’ll give Deckerdramon your message?”

“Zamielmon…I’m a prisoner. If they found out you let me escape, you’ll get in trouble…”

“Heh heh; I’m an old Digimon now. Lived one hell of a life. Married me a beautiful wife, had some wonderful children and grandchildren, met a number of heroes. So what if they assassinate me for some stupid reason? I’m okay with it,” Zamielmon smiled.

“…I’m not. I won’t let you die, Zamielmon, and I won’t let Deckerdramon die, either.”

“Well, you see…that may not be possible.” A voice, with the slightest hint of an accent, came from the other side of the front door of Zamielmon’s house, sending chills down my spine.

“…Loralyn…get away from here,” Zamielmon whispered. The front door of his house was destroyed, blasted away by some powerful attack, and a rather tall man barged in.

“You should listen to the old Digimon,” the man said. “I’ve no interest in killing Humans — only powerful Digimon. You know…like Deckerdramon.”

“…You’re the one…you’re the one I heard about,” I whispered.

“Oh, so ol’ Dayan has a reputation, does he? I guess killing a Digimon as powerful as Behemotmon will do that for a man.”

“No…”

“But, if you do decide to get in my way, doll, I won’t hesitate to kill you,” Dayan said, giving me a vile smirk.

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chapter 162 - Embrace the Madness

Loralyn Syra’an

“If you do decide to get in my way, doll, I won’t hesitate to kill you,” Dayan said, giving me a vile smirk that filled me with dread.

“My lady, stay away from this cretin!” Zamielmon yelled.

“Or what, you’re going to shoot me with an arrow? As if,” Dayan spat. “You’re a decrepit old ‘mon, Zamielmon. But you do have one thing that I need!”

“Arrow Lance!” Zamielmon readied the crossbows set on his arms, but before he could fire, Dayan rushed over and grabbed the elderly Digimon by the face.

“…You’re too slow, old man,” Dayan whispered. “Tear Arrow!” As soon as I glanced back over at Zamielmon, a large arrow made of ice tore through the back of his skull. I could say or do nothing as the beautifully glimmering frost now mired in crimson blood vaporized into water and vanished. Zamielmon’s data began to dissolve, but instead of dispersing into the air, it all went over to Dayan; the man became enveloped in an unearthly golden light as he absorbed the data of Zamielmon.

N-No…what…what the hell is going on?! This man…he can use the attacks of Digimon, and he killed…I have to get out of here…My mind is telling me to run, but my body refuses to move! I can’t…

“…Ah, the flavor of a Digimon’s data just gets better with age,” Dayan sighed. “…You, there. Like I said, killing Humans doesn’t get me any power, but if you get in my way, I won’t hesitate to cut your throat. So, what’ll it be, darling?”

“…N…No…I…I can’t—”

“—You’re so scared, you can’t move. Is that it?” Dayan asked. I said nothing, and instead simply stood my ground, trembling uncontrollably at the sight of Zamielmon’s murderer. “Well, you’re a good-looking lass, so I’ll spare you…as long as you stand still while I go to find Deckerdramon.”

“N-NO!” At last, my body began to move, although it did so with a mind of its own. I grabbed on to Dayan’s right arm as he began to walk off, although I did little to slow him down.

“So, you intend on dying after all, eh…?”

“I don’t care about myself, but I will not let you kill Deckerdramon, or anyone else!” I shouted.

“Well, that’s just too damn bad, because killing Deckerdramon is the only reason I came here,” Dayan sighed. “Zamielmon was simply…a nice little treat.”

“Get out…Get out of here, RIGHT NOW!” I screamed.

“Bow Cutter!” The limbs of a bow erupted from the sides of the arm I had grabbed and tore through the chest of my robes, leaving a thin, bloody cut on my skin, before proceeding to slash through the waist of my robes, knocking me to the ground. “Okay…An arrow to the face, and you’ll be as good as dead, darling. Sit tight…”

No…it can’t end…like this…Deckerdramon…

“Snipe Headshot!”

“Summon Card: Silver Wolf!” A large beast charged through the broken doorway of Zamielmon’s house, and shoved Dayan to the floor. The beast made a snap at Dayan’s neck, but the Human — at least, I thought he was a Human, though I was beginning to doubt this with each passing second — shoved his large fist into the beast’s mouth. Pulling back, the beast lunged at me, but instead of attacking, he shoved his head into my stomach and tossed me onto his back, running out of the building.

“Loralyn!” A fox-tailed Digimon, with Edmund Luxord at her side, ran up to me, and placed a hand over the silver wolf that had taken me away from Dayan. “You’re safe…thank goodness…”

“U-Um…who are you?” I asked.

“I’m Trionfimon; a Digimon from Lachesis,” the Digimon said. “I believe you know Edmund right here? I’m his…partner. Zelda and Dominimon found that note you left for us, so we came after you in case you were found by some palace guards.”

“I see…Well, I’m afraid I found worse than palace guards — and I found some of them, too.”

“The man you spoke of. In your letter…is he here?” Trionfimon asked. I nodded my head slowly, glancing over my shoulder in fear, but to my relief, Dayan was nowhere in sight.

“…Loralyn…why did you come here?” I heard Edmund ask from behind Trionfimon. “Deckerdramon is more powerful than you think; you and I both know he’ll be fine, no matter how powerful that man is.”

“No, you don’t understand, Edmund!” I exclaimed. “That man; he kills Digimon, and adds their power to his own. He even uses their attacks! He just killed Zamielmon with one of Lekismon’s attacks! He even told me that he murdered Behemotmon…”

“Behemotmon?! But that isn’t possible…Talosmon told me that he had killed him,” Edmund whispered.

“Trapped in the bottom of a ravine, buried under a pile of rubble…that necessarily won’t kill someone as powerful as Behemotmon.” The voice of Dayan once more filled my heart with dread, and as soon as I turned around, the large man had his hands wrapped around my throat. “You die first…Loralyn Syra’an!”

GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!” Trionfimon screamed. The silver wolf beneath me reared up on its hind legs and lunged once again at Dayan, throwing me hastily off of its back.

“Dino Burst.” Dayan clamped the wolf’s snout shut, and struck the beast with a blast of fire that enveloped its entire body. “…Trionfimon…a summoner-type Digimon. If I take your power for my own, I’ll have an entire army literally in the palm of my hands!”

“Summon Card: White Dragon!”

“Jaws of Demise!” A massive dragon flew out from a card Trionfimon held up, but around its neck a pair of massive jaws formed of darkness snapped down and crushed the dragon’s neck. Like the wolf before it, the dragon dissolved into nothingness. “…A pity, really. These hallucinations of yours grant me no power when I kill them…But, when I kill you…” A loud snap echoed from behind me, and a burst of flames erupted from the ground around Dayan’s legs.

“…Let me warn you but one time,” Edmund said in a low whisper. “You threaten the woman I love again, the next place I burn will be your head. Is that understood, monster?”

“Heh; threaten me all you like, mage. Strike me with lightning, blast me with fire, it makes no difference; the power I’ve absorbed from all the Digimon I’ve slain will keep me alive throughout your pathetic onslaught! Go on, Human mage! Do your worst!” Dayan raised his arm up into the air, changing it into one of Zamielmon’s arrowguns, but before he could fire off a single arrow, from behind him, a different arm reached and grabbed Dayan by the neck.

“Maybe an ordinary Human can’t match up to you…but I assure you, Edmund Luxord is far more powerful than you could possibly comprehend,” Dominimon whispered. “But, you won’t live long enough to find out, because right here and now, I will destroy you!”

“Father…please, be careful…” Zelda, helping me to stand back up, looked cautiously over at Dominimon as the Angel wrenched Dayan’s wrist behind his back.

Wait…so, Dominimon is Zelda’s father, and Edmund is Trionfimon’s lover? I’ve been away for too long…

“Zelda, my dear, please stay back,” Dominimon said.

“Well, now this is interesting…On our way to find Deckerdramon, who bothers to show up other than my dear younger brother?!” The new voice seemed to be filled with the very essence of darkness itself. Dominimon flinched quite noticeably upon hearing it.

“…B…Brother?!” Dominimon whipped around, and gasped as another Angel Digimon approached. “…You’re alive?!”

“Oh, brother of higher faith; how little trust you have in your older brother ShadowSeraphimon…”

“…You aren’t my brother!” Dominimon snarled. “When we were both Patamon, you chose to go to the side of darkness; you left our family to swear loyalty IceDevimon!”

“Oh, you always did amuse me, younger brother,” ShadowSeraphimon said in a sneering voice. “You always said that I was a coward, joining him out of fear that his side would win…I laughed the rest of the day you said that, brother. You and I both know that I joined IceDevimon…sheerly out of loyalty!”

“…ShadowSeraphimon…You monster! What is it you want?!” Dominimon yelled.

“So…you finally want to know what I’m interested in?” ShadowSeraphimon whispered. “Well, since you asked me so nicely…I’ll tell you. Dominimon…IceDevimon promised me a reasonable slice of the world when his plan is complete. We, who are the chains who lead to his victory; we chains who shackle our enemies’ movements, their hopes and dreams; we have all been promised as such. We are all undyingly loyal to our lord and master IceDevimon!”

“You monster…I will destroy you!” Dominimon yelled.

“Well, go on then! Try your best, pathetic younger brother of mine!”

“Final Excalibur!”

“Strike of the Seven Dark Stars!” Dominimon raised a massive, glowing blade up into the air, aiming for ShadowSeraphimon’s neck. But suddenly, his arm stopped in midair. It trembled. And then, he fell. ShadowSeraphimon smiled, lowering his arms, and his brother fell to his back in a puddle of his own blood.