MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster7lopmon_august21_2021.jpg
booster7cherubimonvice_august21_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 7 New Adventure. This time it's Lopmon and Cherubimon (Vice).

This time we get to see parallel cards of the two well known Digimon. An important part to play for Frontier, which has been the large focus of Booster Set 7, and Lopmon has had a few appearances in Adventure:. Some really nice art from both, including a relatively actiony shot for Cherubimon, which we don't always see.

Previous Previews of Booster 7:

Booster 7 Next Adventure will be out on August 27th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards.

We have the first info for Booster Set 8 New Hero & the Special Entry Set.

We also have our first details for Starter Decks 9 and 10 Ultimate Ancient Dragon & Tactician from Another World. Plus the 2nd Theme Booster, Digimon Tamers.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 15,553

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, is that MegaGargomon that Cherubimon is fighting?

We don't often see those two paired together despite their base forms being brothers. :unsure:

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Judging from the background, it should be a reference to Cyber Sleuth, but unfortunately I haven't played it, so I can't say what scene that is.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Judging from the background, it should be a reference to Cyber Sleuth, but unfortunately I haven't played it, so I can't say what scene that is.

There's no actually scene being referenced but, the CS protag *does* have MegaGargomon as one of his three Digimon and Cherubimon Evil is in the game so I guess it could be. A bit of a stretch though. Since Cherubimon Evil was DLC you never fight one during the game

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its not referring to any existing media, its similar to ragnalordmon vs voltboutamon and Darknightmon vs knightmon etc..

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its not referring to any existing media, its similar to ragnalordmon vs voltboutamon and Darknightmon vs knightmon etc..
In the case of Knightmon, the rivalry with DarkKnightmon is its own media. A relatively recent one, but one officially acknowledged to the point that it received its own official Digimon Profile Report, along with the conception of DarkMaildramon.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it's really hard to imagine what possible rivalry Cherubimon and MegaGargomon could have. It's like one joined the army and the other joined clown religion.
I wonder if the good knights will get a parallel to DeadlyAxemon?

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
t's really hard to imagine what possible rivalry Cherubimon and MegaGargomon could have. It's like one joined the army and the other joined clown religion.
Yeah, I always found it weird how Terriemon and Lopmon's digievolutions don't really parallel each other in anyway despite being siblings. They don't even get to have a unique jogress or anything. Kinda of a missed opportunity to be honest.

I wonder if the good knights will get a parallel to DeadlyAxemon?
There's already Maildramon, but I guess DarkMaildramon's existence makes it not a perfect counterpart to DeadlyAxemon.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
t's really hard to imagine what possible rivalry Cherubimon and MegaGargomon could have. It's like one joined the army and the other joined clown religion.
Yeah, I always found it weird how Terriemon and Lopmon's digievolutions don't really parallel each other in anyway despite being siblings. They don't even get to have a unique jogress or anything. Kinda of a missed opportunity to be honest.
Terriermon and Lopmon originally had vague parallel-elemental themes.

Terriermon had fire attacks, which quickly transitioned into firearms and explosions. Saint Galgomon's profile even specifically mentions heat-based weaponry.

Lopmon had ice attacks, which his Virus line gave a more-esoteric twist and transitioned it into the cold emptiness of the void. Throughout Hurricane Touchdown!!, "coldness" is repeatedly mentioned to describe Wendimon's empty heart, his "stomach"-dimension where he kept the kidnapped children, and that frigid alternate dimension at the end of the movie. As Cherubimon (Vice), those black spheres he used for attacks were called "black snow."

In Tamers, Lopmon received a new non-Virus line that abandons the cold void-theme and focuses more on Chinese martial arts, evidently due to Andiramon's role as a Deva. In Frontier, Cherubimon (Vice)'s black snow was replaced with dark lightning bolts, evidently due to the focus on his (fallen) angelic themes.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I seriously believed Terriermon's attacks are Wind.

I think this is first time Cherubimon Vice and SaintGalgomon got to appear in that card together...

Yeah it's weird there are nothing in common something Cherubimon forms and SaintGalgomon have which rivalries or opposite sides have. All I see are mega mecha Gundam Machinegun and Angelic Clown. So... Yeah it's impossible to point out which.

I'll have to wait for SaintGalgomon X if he will have something could be connected with Cherubimon X (any forms)

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I seriously believed Terriermon's attacks are Wind.
He does have wind attacks (Petit Twister, Double Typhoon), which he shares with Lopmon (Double Typhoon in particular is a combination-attack with Lopmon).

However, he also has Blazing Fire (popularly known in the dub as Bunny Blast), which contrasts with Lopmon's Blazing Ice. Their X-Antibodies have a combination-attack called Fi-rost Typhoon, which combines fire and frost.