Looking for D3 restoration resources

Zeigrin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay so To be clear what I am trying to do is compile resources to help with the restoration of an original 2000 D3 digivice vpet. The vpet belongs to my wife who bless her soul, has been able to hold onto this thing since we were kids. I lost all my old digivices from back in the day T_T. Anyways that's off topic. Though she still has it it is in pretty bad shape so I was hoping to start a restoration in the future for our youtube channel and because I love digimon and would love to see this thing restored to like new. There are few issues with it that I will post photos of as well that I would like to address.

Those issues being...
1.) There is a line of pixels out on the screen. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good guide to fix these kinds of issues.

2.)The main shell of the device is starting to crack and failure will happen in the future if it not addressed. I'm looking to find out of anyone knows of anyone who sells maybe old shells, or does a recasting and sells newly made shells perhaps. However I feel like this is unlikely but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask :)

Those are the main issues I'm looking to resolve with my restoration. Otherwise it's still in complete working order. Here's some photos that highlight the issues!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unfortunately I don't think finding shells will be feasible, you'd ultimately be better off just replacing it altogether. The missing pixel column would likely be easier to fix. Never opened a D3 myself, but if they are anything like screens from other devices (which they probably are), then the missing pixels are from a bad or loose connection. Try applying light pressure and see if it comes back, and if it does, you just need to tighten it up (a carefully placed small piece of folded paper could do the trick). If not, try opening it and cleaning the connections to the screen a bit.

Zeigrin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unfortunately I don't think finding shells will be feasible, you'd ultimately be better off just replacing it altogether. The missing pixel column would likely be easier to fix. Never opened a D3 myself, but if they are anything like screens from other devices (which they probably are), then the missing pixels are from a bad or loose connection. Try applying light pressure and see if it comes back, and if it does, you just need to tighten it up (a carefully placed small piece of folded paper could do the trick). If not, try opening it and cleaning the connections to the screen a bit.
Thanks for the reply Humulos, I was starting to think now one would ever respond XD. I've seen the thing about the pressure on the screens but don't think the case screws have much affect on the D3s. I'm actually worried that trying to tighten screws lead to the greater deterioration of the case and the cracking issues. The good news is that since my wife was so distraught over the issues with her original D3 that I did ultimately buy her a used ver 15th D3 so she still has one that works :). I'm going to try and restore this thing regardless of the lack of research. I may go as far as to recast the case myself in resin. I was sure this endeavor was going to be something I do on hard mode but I was hoping that the hard cores here might know something I didn't lol.

crait

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had a perfect condition working v3 D-3 that I left in my car in the hot, Texas sun for like 2 days. 😭😭😭😭 It caused perminate column damage like yours has. I am afraid to try open it to fix it....