Levels for Digimon Without Them

goldberry2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey everyone! I'm working on a bit of a database for Digital Lifeforms (Digimon, Appmon, and ...Other), and since I will no doubt at some point share it with the community, I was thinking it might be worth getting some input ahead of time. There are quite a lot of Digital Lifeforms (I make it 215) specifically without a level assigned to them even after the Xros lot got given one en-masse. Some are obvious, like Agumon: Burst Mode being a Rookie, just with a mode change going on, or BlackShoutmon X7 being a Mega, though I expect even these will get some detractors! Some are basically impossible to judge since they don't have any official artwork (Nikkorimon, Zombiemon, etc) while others like JikoTyumon and CheerGalmon can be assumed to be something similar to the Champion comparable Armours.

So that's the topic; what levels do we think as a community currently unlevelled Digimon/Appmon/Other sit in? I'll throw in Culumon (In-Training?), Buumon (Rookie?), Burpmon (Ultimate?) and Panbachimon (Rookie?) to start with, but feel free to jump in with your own!

I created a Pastebin with all of the Digital Lifeforms I have in consideration, but again, please feel free to point out any I've missed. For the sake of argument, I'm considering most Armours as Champions, with the exception of Magnamon, Rapidmon Gold, and GoldVeedramon, and Hybrids mostly as Agnimon = Champion, Vritramon = Ultimate, etc. I'm also using dub levels here, but in the final database i'm using numbers (1 = Baby, 6 = Mega) to remove a level (ha) of confusion.

EDIT: Pastebin v2. I got it down to 149 by logically looking at things like Xroses with Megas as a base obviously being Megas themselves, etc

EDIT: Pastebin v3. We're down to 118, with a few in contention at the moment. I've got a few ideas I'd like to throw about when I finish work tonight.

EDIT: Pastebin v4. We're onto the home stretch, and properly into the weeds now. 35 to go!

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m at work right now and don’t have time to look through what you have, but Culumon at least has been classified as Baby II and Child before. Baby II is the more likely of the two, since I think the Child designation was only in a chart of anime characters that didn’t have a row for Baby Digimon.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am 101% sure mother eater and n.e.o are the same place as jesmom gx and ogudomon x (digimon of the highest level currently).

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am 101% sure mother eater and n.e.o are the same place as jesmom gx and ogudomon x (digimon of the highest level currently).

Regular eaters meanwhile would be difficult to give one to as they get progressively stronger as the game progresses

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Regular eaters meanwhile would be difficult to give one to as they get progressively stronger as the game progresses

According to alphamon, the royal knights in general were much much stronger than the eaters currently, so if they all worked together they could have bringed them down but they were all doing there own thing lol, so I take it that regulars would be somewhere in between adult and perfect seeing as though even regular megas in the story can one shot them like machinedramon.

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was writing an opinion for every digimon on your list but around Punchnarabimon I hit the back button and now all is gone (never saved the draft).
EDIT: Look below

Last edited:

goldberry2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m at work right now and don’t have time to look through what you have, but Culumon at least has been classified as Baby II and Child before. Baby II is the more likely of the two, since I think the Child designation was only in a chart of anime characters that didn’t have a row for Baby Digimon.

I'd stand to agree with Culumon for the most part. There's definitely some comparisons to be made with low-tier Rookies like Bokomon and Neamon, but on the whole I'd say the comparisons to DemiVeemon in terms of body shape are pretty definitive.

For sure, Mother Eater and NEO are defo mega level.

I was writing an opinion for every digimon on your list but around Punchnarabimon I hit the back button and now all is gone (never saved the draft).
Might edit this comment when feeling less down.

I'm equal parts thrilled that you got so involved, and horrified that you lost all that work!

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Part 1: Digimon with relations with other Digimon

AircraftCarrierWhamon

In first place, lets look at the existing Whamon: we have one Adult, one Perfect (visually identical) and one Ultimate in the recently confirmed-as-lvl-6 KingWhamon. So, I'd place ACWhamon as a Perfect, mimicking WP in power and placing it in a line for WA -> ACWhamon -> KWhamon.

BesoBombmon
Taking in count the extant Bombmon/Bommon, I'd assign BesoBombmon a Baby II level, as the "crying face" of the name still evokes early childhood.

DarkVolumon
As the DarkVolumon-Ballistamon duo seems to operate on a corruption-purification axis, I think he should be of the same level, that is, Adult.

MachLeomon
This guy is nothing more than a knife-wielding blonde MadLeomon. As the latter, he should be an Adult too.

MirrorBallmon
We have two extant Digimon called "-ballmon", and one of them is a chicken nugget, so going only by ThunderBallmon, I'm tempted to give MirrorBallmon a similar Adult level but his function makes me think more of a Child, that and me personally wanting him for a Steel Flamon/Strabimon equivalent.

OchiMusyamon
He's just a variant of the original one, so they would be an Adult just like Musyamon.

Snatchmon
Although not outright stated, is obvious he's called to fill the Adult niche of the Ragnamon line (Bemmon -> Snatchmon -> Destromon -> Ragnamon -? Gaiamon).

Part 2: Digimon that are part of other Digimon

Amon & Umon
For this I'd take the example of the original KoDokugumon, and place the guys two levels behind the user/symbiote. As Goddramon is Lvl 6, they should be Adult, wich is fitting.

ChibiKiwimon
Using the same logic as above, ChibiKiwimon should be Baby II, as Kiwimon is an lvl. 4.

Fujitsumon
Same of above, Fujitsumon should be Baby II to the Adultness of Octomon.

Part 3: "Utility" Digimon

Batterimon, Copymon, Guidemon, Hubmon and Navimon
They should be all Child; Navimon specially makes me think of Sistermon Blanc.

Ohakadamon
This guy is an special case; I'd would give them Level 0, the same as a Digitama.

Part 4: Out-of-context Digimon

Bumon
Bumon seems to be an "unuseful" Digimon, akin to Neemon, and seem too developed to be a Baby II, so I'd say they're a Child.

Burpmon
Burpmon seems an interesting rule, that every level can evolve to them, and as said below, it has been the case from their introduction, unlike Sukamon and other examples. I'm temped to give them No Level, but if you *must*, they should be an Ultimate, and treat the reverse evo as a devolution.

Chokimon, Guumon and Paamon
They seem very well developed but not as well as an Ultimate, so Perfect would fit perfectly. That, and that they reminds me on Pulsemon's perfects and Ashuramon. Wouldn't they work perfectly for a VB DIM?

Culumon
Culumon has been deemed as a Child and as Baby II, and size-and-form-like, they seem the latter. And both in Digimon Park and in Lost Evolution, they can evolve to Plotmon, so there's that.

Dantemon
The only non-graded Appmon, their power (although non-combative) would place them in either Ultimate/Perfect or God/Ultimate, but I prefer the latter. As an interesting note, they reminds me somewhat, either by name and design, to the Seven Great Demon Lord's Gate of the Seven Sins.

Kaminarimon
They look like a Nanimon-species Digimon, so I'd give them an Adult level. Anyway, as an DW item Digimon, he could only be Adult or Perfect.

Okunimon
Okunimon is only mentioned in an audiodrama, and they beign related has nothing to do with their level as we know any Digimon can use Spirts (remember Shamamon -> Vritramon?), but they beign based on the founder of Kabuki Theatre, one can assume Kabukimon beign their "lesser" and also a Lvl. 4 Digimon, I'd say they're Perfect.

Panbachimon
They looks like a Child, have a little Panda (KoPanbachimon?) in their Bamboo Lance and is surrounded by Lvl. 3 and Lvl. 4 Digimon. If not Child, they would be an Adult.

WoodWoodymon
They looks perfect (lol) as a Justimon pre-evo. So, they would be a Perfect. Also, would love to see a plushie Woodymon <3.

Part 5: Manga Digimon

Deathmon & "Evos"
This is very simple, once you think about it. They can't be Adults, as their power and form would preclude it. They can't be Ultimates as there wasn't such a thing then. So, they would be Perfect, and the "evos" should be treated as Mode Changes. That, or the evos are the first Ultimates in the franchise.

BigSnowmon
Doesn't they look like a perfect evo for Angoramon? They had all the signs of an Adult.

Fuximon

Although they looks small, in the few vignettes I've seen they exhibits an enormous power, and his name is related to Nuwa, the main antagonist; it could go anything from In-Training to Ultimate, but it reminds me to something in-between Culumon and Luminamon, so I'd give them an Adult level.

Heshouwumon
Jureimon cousin, Jijimon plant younger brother. They look so... Perfect.

Jinsihoumon

Not-Infernape looks like a subspecies of Hanumon or the like. Adult.

Mobilemon

Small and utility-like? Child.

Nipponiamon

As most animal-based Digimon, this crested ibis guy should be an Adult.

Puppetmon

I'd love this guy to evolve into their dubbed namesake, so I'd give them a Perfect level, although if only going by design they looks more like a Child.

Suanimon
Suan Ni, the Lion-Dragon, looks too humanoid and armored to be an Adult, so I'd give them a Perfect level.

"Xinyuehumon", "Weihuohumon", "Kuimulangmon", "Loujingoumon", "Zihuohoumon" and "Nutufumon"
A.K.A. Moon Vixen of Heart, Fire Tiger of Tail, Wood Wolf of Legs, Golden Dog of Bond, Fire Monkey of Turtle Beak and Earth Bat of Girl, these six Digimon are part of a group called the "28 Star Gods" based on the Lunar Chinese Zodiac. Their sheer number and their placement below Nuwa, as well as their parallelism to the Devas, makes me think of them as Perfect level.

"Nuwamon"
Supposedly the last antagonist of Legendary Skies. As a creator goddess, they should be an Ultimate.

Part 6: Unreleased Digimon

These guys are going to be somewhat difficult because we have little more than the names to go with.

Danmon
Based on the Karate dan. Perhaps Adult as a pre-evo for Boutmon?

Huntermon
The Digimon I remember with "Hunter" as a theme are Sagittarimon, JaegerDorulumon and Zamielmon, and somewhat WereGarurumon Sagittarius Mode. All of them are Perfects. The non-description name of Huntermon would fit for a pre-evo for some of them, I reckon. So, I'd give him an Adult level.

Kandoushichaundamon
"Kadou shichaunda" is a present-future sentence that means something in the order of "X going to disown Y!" (I'm gonna disown you/them beign the most senseful translation without context). The name itself just sound like a joke, and we know joke Digimon from any level, so that gives us almost nothing. Going by the other winner Digimon on the 3rd Fax contest, though, can give us somewhat of a pattern (I know is a stretch but is the only thing we have: BesoBombmon (Unknown, Bommmon is Lvl 1 but debuted 5 years later), Orochimon (Lvl 5), Devitamamon (Lvl 6) and Danmon (Unknow). If Danmon is taken as an Adult, that would left only Child as a level for Kandoushichaundamon, if we assume (a very big assumption) that each winner represents a unique level.

Nikkorimon
The name alone ("smile") would give us the impression of a Child level Digimon, if not lesser.

PunchNarabimon
So, "One Punch Mon"? I'd love to see him as an alternate Ultimate for Agumon 2006, if not for the fact that Agumon have enough Ultimates till Kingdom Come.

Zombiemon
Zombiemon is supposedly a pre-evo for Mummymon, so obviously they should be an Adult.

Part 7: DigiXros

DigiXroses are a real pain in the ass. I'd like to handwave them with a simple rule, like taking the base Digimon level as the original level and either keep it or raise some levels, depending on stability and the number and power of Xros units added. That, and comparing them to already leveled DigiXroses.

BalliBastemon, Ballistamon MC, Ballistamon SR
Adult as Ballistamon.

Chibick Sword
This is composed of Baby Digimon, but its power is augmented, so I'd say it's of a Child level power.

DarkKnightmon Duskmon
Perfect
as DarkKnightmon

DarkKnightmon Blastmon
Ultimate
, as its DarkKnightmon plus several Perfect and Ultimate Digimon

DeadlyTuwarmon
Perfect, as its Tuwarmon plus DeadlyAxemon in a somewhat stable fusion and would work as a Jogress.

DeadlyTuwarmon: Hell Mode
Perfect or Ultimate, as its DeadlyTuwarmon plus several Lvl 4 Digimon and a Digital Field energy.

Dorulumon + Starmons
Adult as Dorulumon.

Dracomon + Cyberdramon
Dracomon seems to grow up a bit with this, so Adult would be OK.

G-Cutemon
The sheer ammount of high level Digimon involved is enough to raise Cutemon level to Perfect, IMHO.

GigaWaruMonzaemon
Ultimate
, as its both Monzaemon in a somewhat stable fusion and would work as a Jogress.

GolemJijiKamemon
The size of this guy and the fact it has an Ultimate in it in Jijimon, would give Kamemon a raise to Perfect.

Gravimon: Darkness Mode, Splashmon + Drippins
The Perfect Big Death-Stars are screaming for a level up, so anything that empowers them would get them to Ultimate in my book.

GreyKnightsmon, SuperDarkKnightmon
In terms of power, they're between Perfects and Ultimates, and are composed of somewhat powerful Perfects. But I won't give Ultimate level to them because it doesn't seem to be on par with ZekeGreymon or DKmon-Bagramon yet. So, they stay Perfects.

Greymon + SkullKnightmon
SkullGreymon 2010 should be, going by his alternate name, would be a Perfect, as their original namesake.

IceDevimon Daipenmon Enhancement Absorbent
Given that it's IceDevimon EA plus lvl-5-equivalent Daipenmon, I'd say they're a Perfect.

IceDevimon Enhancement Absorbent
Adult as IceDevimon.

JijiShoutmon
Jijimon's power would raise Shoutmon to Adult.

MadLeomon: Final Mode
Adult as MadLeomon.

MadLeomon: Orochi Mode
Orochimon's power would raise MadLeomon to Perfect.

MailBirdramon + Golemon
Adult as MailBirdramon.

MegaDeckerGreymon, MegaMusoKnightmon
I'd be tempted to say they're still Perfects, the same as DeckerGreymon and MusoKnightmon, but them beign game bosses suits better with the Ultimate level.

MushUppedMachLeomon
He would be a Perfect, if only for the Code Crown power.

PawnGaossmon, PawnShoutmon
Child
as Gaossmon and Shoutmon.

Pickmon Slingshot
Baby II
, like Pickmon.

RampageGreymon
This one is hard, but in the end, it doesn't seems to fit the Ultimate bill. So, Perfect.

Rare Star Sword, Star Axe, Star Armies
Child
as the Starmons.

Revolmon + Dorulu Cannon + Starmons
Adult
as Revolmon

Sethmon: Wild Mode
Grizzmon and Dobermon's power would raise Sethmon to Perfect.

ShouCutemon
Child
as Cutemon.

Sparrowmon AB
Child
as Sparrowmon.

Part 7.5: Xros Up

Xros Ups are somewhat easier than normal Xroses. As the name implies, it sems to raise the power but maintains the identity of the base unit. So I'd give them the same level as the base unit.

Xros Up Arresterdramon Astamon, Blossomon, Dobermon, MetalTyranomon, Orgemon, Sagomon, Sparrowmon
Adult

Xros Up Astamon Cerberumon, Triceramon
Perfect

Xros Up Ballistamon Revolmon

Adult

Xros Up Dorulumon PawnChessmon White

Adult

Xros Up Gumdramon Kotemon
Child

Xros Up OmegaShoutmon Dorulumon
Perfect

Xros Up Opossummon Candmon

Adult

Xros Up Shoutmon ChibiKamemon, Pinochimon

Adult

Xros Up Submarimon Plesiomon

Adult

Xros Up Tuwarmon SuperStarmon

Adult

Part 8: Digital Entities (TBD)

TBD

Last edited:

goldberry2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks @VamAngemon!

Part 1, 2, & 3: I cannot fault any of this logic. I particularly like you latching onto the idea that the chibi-forms of Digimon are two levels lower than their standard form. I think of them all, the only one I'm not completely sold on is MirrorBallmon, but that's mostly because of how little we know.

Part 4: I agree with everything except Burpmon and Okunimon. For Burpmon I'm not convinced that "no level" truly exists excepting non-digimon digital entities and exceptionally niche cases like Ohakadamon. Granted Burpmon might be one of these cases, but I'd edge more towards either an absurdly powerful champion or an ultimate. For Okunimon, flicking through the transcript for the drama CD, it sounds like Agnimon "used to be" Okunimon. Now that could be simply a different name for the same level (Champion for argument's sake, but I concede that Hybrids are super variable), or could be either a level up or down. I'm super interested to see your rationale for both of these.

Part 5: I agree with all except maybe Fuximon. Visually it looks to me like an In-Training level, but I can see a world in which it's just a very small and immature looking Ultimate, for sure. Am I right in thinking that "Xinyuehumon", "Weihuohumon", "Kuimulangmon", "Loujingoumon", "Zihuohoumon" and "Nutufumon" are the officially unnamed Star Gods that we have vague titles for? If so then supposedly these would have to be either Ultimate or Mega level I'd figure.

I've updated the Pastebin link with the current list for anybody still interested in jumping in.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A reminder that power does not signify evolution level! Especially for outstanding digital lifeforms like NEO and Eaters.

The best way to go is how VamAngemon is going about it. Good job!

But also, can we not embrace a "no-level" classification for some of these lifeforms?. That would be, if a digital lifeform evidently doesn't/wouldn't follow the life cycle of a Digimon or something comparable, it doesn't need a level attached. Digimon levels are about evolutionary stages after all.

Amon, Umon I would say are no-level.

Burpmon I would say is no-level, rather uniquely.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Burpmon
Burpmon seems an interesting rule, that every level can evolve to them... No Level.
Yeah, but in certain media, every level can also evolve into Sukamon, which is still consistently classified as an Adult.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Burpmon
Burpmon seems an interesting rule, that every level can evolve to them... No Level.
Yeah, but in certain media, every level can also evolve into Sukamon, which is still consistently classified as an Adult.
The problem with using Sukamon as a counterexample is that, with the sole exception of the original World and Re:Digitize, all media before and since has it Digivolve exclusively from Level III Digimon and Sukamon was itself established as Level IV in the original v-pet before World unlike Burpmon who was conceived as being able to Digivolve from any Level and with no definitive level.

To put it simply, Sukamon and Burpmon are in fact not truly equivalent to each other since, to use Kotekuma's phrasing, Sukamon follows the life cycle of a Digimon (World/Re:Digitize aside) whereas Burpmon does not.

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Part 4, 5, 6 & 7 updated! I adressed @goldberry2000 objections for the Part 4 & 5, love to hear what you think.

But also, can we not embrace a "no-level" classification for some of these lifeforms?. That would be, if a digital lifeform evidently doesn't/wouldn't follow the life cycle of a Digimon or something comparable, it doesn't need a level attached. Digimon levels are about evolutionary stages after all.
Amon, Umon I would say are no-level.
I'm tempted to agree with you but then you have KoDokugumon (original) having a level, so there's precedent for this.

I also adressed @Yamato-san and @Chimera-gui 's comments on Sukamon and Burpmon.

Also, looking at the pastebin, I see you placed the Adventure: final enemies there. I'll wait for them to get official levels soon, before trying to tackle them.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
KoDokugumon is an oddity to begin with since the original's Level is not only inconsistent (the commemorative book refers to it as Baby without a numeral, Soul Chaser refers to it Baby II and New Century refers to it as Child level) but even the canonicity of that original is questionable due to the sources of the original's level being third-party.

This coupled with the Field Guide introducing an officially recognized KoDokugumon with a new, distinct design creates a problem for specifically ChibiKiwimon since if the original KoDokugumon is no longer recognized as canonically being a species, there's no reason to assume ChibiKiwimon is canonically a species either.

For Burpmon and Calumon while I'd personally prefer to stick to the official designation of Unknown since both fall outside of the Digimon life cycle, I can accept the Levels @VamAngemon gave since the former was able to just eat the attacks of level V Digimon without issues and was only defeated by the kids overfeeding it.

Parasimon gives a precedent for Level VI Digimon that aren't strong in the traditional combat sense so Burpmon can work as another example of this.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Burpmon is more like a curse or disease than a real Digimon.

KoDokugumon, as much as I love her, was kind of a mistake. The little spider soot puffs from Entmon should’ve been KoDokugumon’s canon design as a level 2.

Child KoDokugumon should’ve been something related but with a new name since Dokugumon being able to summon swarms of Children is kind of broken.

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
KoDokugumon is an oddity to begin with since the original's Level is not only inconsistent (the commemorative book refers to it as Baby without a numeral, Soul Chaser refers to it Baby II and New Century refers to it as Child level) but even the canonicity of that original is questionable due to the sources of the original's level being third-party.

This coupled with the Field Guide introducing an officially recognized KoDokugumon with a new, distinct design creates a problem for specifically ChibiKiwimon since if the original KoDokugumon is no longer recognized as canonically being a species, there's no reason to assume ChibiKiwimon is canonically a species either.

For Burpmon and Calumon while I'd personally prefer to stick to the official designation of Unknown since both fall outside of the Digimon life cycle, I can accept the Levels @VamAngemon gave since the former was able to just eat the attacks of level V Digimon without issues and was only defeated by the kids overfeeding it.

Parasimon gives a precedent for Level VI Digimon that aren't strong in the traditional combat sense so Burpmon can work as another example of this.

I can live with "partmons" beign level-less. I even doubt they'll ever be added to the DRB. And for me Burpmon IS a no-level as per the reasoning above. But Calumon has been treated twice, in games (Park & Lost Evo), as a normal Baby II, beign capable to evolve to Plotmon, so there's strong precedent to include at least some versions of them as a normal life cycle Digimon.
But yes, what you say about Parasimon (and MarineAngemon, that is the example that always comes to my mind) is absolutely right, level doesn't represent destructive power necessarily.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair Calumon's profiles in various games, and Collectors specifically, however describe it as an entity that governs over the Digivolution of Digimon called the Digi-Entelechy that was transformed into the form of Digimon and even its Field Guide profile states that it is unable to Digivolve or attack unlike other Digimon, hence why I place it outside of the Digimon life cycle, meaning that those instances of it Digivolving are effectively non-canon.

I agree with MarineAngemon being a Level VI whose strength isn't in destructive power.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of these I agree with though I'd note a couple digressions:
  • While the original treated BalliBastemon as a Ballistamon DigiXros, the dub implied that that it was a Bastemon DigiXros
  • Shounitamon and DonShoutmon are both treated as Jogresses so I think the same can be applied to PawnGaossmon, PawnShoutmon, ShouCutemon

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of these I agree with though I'd note a couple digressions:
  • While the original treated BalliBastemon as a Ballistamon DigiXros, the dub implied that that it was a Bastemon DigiXros
  • Shounitamon and DonShoutmon are both treated as Jogresses so I think the same can be applied to PawnGaossmon, PawnShoutmon, ShouCutemon
Gonna change the xrosses, then. But for BalliBa I'm following the original as I've never even seen any XW dub, neither in Spanish nor any other language :p Only the original Japanese.

goldberry2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy crap, @VamAngemon your contribution to this has been immense. Again I can't fault any of your logic once it's there in black and white. Even the hand-wavey ones where we're completely spitballing like Huntermon and Danmon I really like the reasoning and don't see any reason why we wouldn't go with them until we actually get an appearance or a definitive answer from the reference book.

I realised a bunch that I thought I'd posted already have just been sitting in a document for days, and I'll pop those that overlapped with the above in as well for posterity:

Behemoth - Champion/Ultimate - Heavy Machmon comparisons here. I can’t decide whether Behemoth is a variant or an evolution, and thus a Champion or an Ultimate, though. I'm edging more towards a Champion.

Burpmon - Champion/Ultimate - I lean more towards a very powerful Champion evolution for Buumon, but given it holding its own against Ultimates, that’s also a possibility. Weird Mega.

Chibick Sword - Rookie - Multiple In-Trainings combined into a single Rookie? Rookie.

Chrono Core - Mega - Realistically it’s outside of the level system, but given its ability to generate VR Megas, it should logically have to be at least a Mega itself.

Danmon - ??? - Zero information as far as I’m aware. Champion.

DarkKnightmon Blastmon - Mega - The Ultimate DarkKnightmon combined with a Mega-level power boost Mega.

DarkKnightmon Duskmon - Ultimate - I don’t see Duskmon kicking DarkKnightmon from Ultimate to Mega Ultimate.

DeadlyTuwarmon - Champion/Ultimate - I’m uncertain whether two Champions should automatically reach Ultimate, or stick at the level of a strong Champion Ultimate.

DeadlyTuwarmon: Hell Mode - Ultimate - The sheer amount of additional power simply needs to move it into Ultimate. Mega.

DigiGnome - Fresh - The beginning stage for the In-Training Culumon, maybe?

Evilvil - Champion - Working with the two stages lower metric we've been using for KoDokugumon, ChibiKiwimon, Amon, Umon and Fujitsumon.

Surtr - Champion - As above.

Jormungandr - Champion - As above.

Familiar Bat - Rookie - As above, for Myotismon/Vamdemon.

Whispered - Champion - Using a similar logic, I'd argue that being created by Bagramon would make Whispered a Champion.

Eaters

Arata + Eater - Ultimate
Eater Adam - Mega
Eater Bit - In-Training
Eater EDEN - Mega
Eater Eve - Ultimate
Eater Legion - Mega
Eater: Humanoid Mode - Champion
Eater: Purebreed Mode - Rookie

I see Bit as a fragmentary state of the Purebreed default, with Humanoid being an evolution of that. Arata + Eater and Eater Eve are Biomerge-like advancements on the Humanoid, and everything else I’d argue cracks the ceiling into Mega territory for a variety of pretty obvious reasons.

I haven't updated the Pastebin yet, but we're down to 56, not including the suggestions I've put forward in this post!

EDIT: I realised I did post it but the original version of the post contained Adventure: spoilers so was deleted

EDIT2: I've now updated the Pastebin, down to 35, with the only 3 Digimon still there being from Adventure:

Last edited: