Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the middle of Index (and with the possibility I might still do a separate short show for week 3 since Index is longer than normal) here is the promised weekend movie.

Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red

Subbed on Hulu for free http://www.hulu.com/watch/512374

Picked Green Vs Red because it's just a fun little tale done for another franchises big anniversary (40 years for Lupin.) The movie has a bit of fun playing with the continuity of the franchise and the expectations of the audience, and thought it'd be fun to watch considering that at the moment we don't quite know what is going on with tri's continuity (Does 02 count? Will they shift or slide any events from Adventure? Games? Audio dramas? Who knows!?)

It's not very long, but should be fun to watch, both for Lupin fans, and people who haven't seen it before. Especially with a nice breezy under 75 minute running time.

No obvious connection to Digimon for Green Vs Red (although the Lupin franchise itself has quite a few connections, especially for English dub fans.)

Feel free to post as you want and to make any suggestions regarding how I made the thread. Improvements can always be made.

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've watched a couple series with Lupin, the Castle of Cagliostro movie, and now this one.
I didn't really enjoy the characterization of Lupin(s) in this movie. He(they?) seemed a lot more serious than usual and showing the new one's back story took away from the character's mystery. I wasn't really rooting for either of them. Not sure which "Lupin" ended up where, but I think that was the point anyway.
Maybe I would have enjoyed the movie more if I had watched more of the franchise beforehand. An interesting mystery plot, nonetheless. Also, Jigen is still awesome.