MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Full series this time, 12 episodes!

Himouto! Umaru-chan

Some quite mild ecchi, otherwise no real content warnings.

Subbed on Crunchyroll for free- http://www.crunchyroll.com/himouto-umaru-chan

Decided to just go with a basic slapstick style comedy show this week.

This one actually just ended and since I found it entertaining, not to mention I'm still unpacking from my move, it seemed a good choice. Since it just ended it may be a couple days before the last episode opens up for free streaming on Crunchyroll.

The adventures of the perfect girl in school, and how the instant she gets home all she does is laze about!

Good and entertaining characters (although the lead occasionally can grate since she's spoiled rotten) make it a very easy watch since 99% is just comedy.

Sometimes you just need a good comedy to refresh, and this is a good one to choose I think.

As for major Digimon connections... nearly none. A role for someone who cameoed in a game or in a small anime episode here and there. The closest thing to a real connection is Ryoma's actor from Hunters plays a friend of the main character's brother.

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2
Leadup to Tri Week 13- Please Teacher
Leadup to Tri Week 14- Please Twins
Leadup to Tri Week 15- Waiting in the Summer
Leadup to Tri Week 16- Infinite Stratos
Leadup to Tri Week 17- Dragon Ball
Leadup to Tri Week 18- D-Frag!
Leadup to Tri Week 19- Baka and Test
Leadup to Tri Week 20- Soul Eater
Leadup to Tri Week 21- Yuru Yuri
Leadup to Tri Week 22- Go-Lion
Leadup to Tri Week 23- Ah! My Goddess
Leadup To Tri Week 24- Afro Samurai
Leadup to Tri Week 25- Shin Chan
Leadup to Tri Week 26- Trigun
Leadup to Tri Week 27- Tenchi Universe
Leadup to Tri Week 28- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Leadup to Tri Week 29- Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars
Leadup to Tri Week 30- Nyan Koi!
Leadup to Tri Week 31- The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan
Leadup to Tri Week 32- Ai Yori Aoshi
Leadup to Tri Week 33- Tokyo Ravens
Leadup to Tri Week 34- Reboot
Leadup to Tri Week 35- Star Driver
Leadup To Tri Week 36- FLCL
Leadup to Tri Week 37- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Leadup to Tri Week 38- Serial Experiments Lain
Leadup to Tri Week 39- Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki
Leadup to Tri Week 40- Food Wars!

Here's an embed of the first OP.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished the series (and the seven little shorts associated with it) a couple days ago. I liked it. In spite of her selfishness, Umaru has enough redeeming qualities that she never gets exasperating for the viewer, and the other characters are rather likable as well. Running jokes like how easily characters are fooled into not recognizing people, and Taihei's foreign coworker being a weeaboo, were fun. On a less positive note, though, the series showed me that I'm starting to think like a fan fiction writer, God help us. When Taihei took an interest in cooking, I wondered what it would be like if he and Umaru transferred to Tohtsuki from last week's show (forgetting, of course, that Taihei is no longer in school). I doubt Taihei would last long - he has the drive and intelligence, but probably not the creativity - but it would be interesting to see if Umaru could keep up her perfect student record in the new environment. Anyway, back to the actual show, is the story finished, or is this one of those "fingers crossed for another season" instances?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyway, back to the actual show, is the story finished, or is this one of those "fingers crossed for another season" instances?
This is one of those "Aimed squarely at otaku, so can be extremely hit or miss success wise, so they gave it a short season, if sales keep up they will no doubt do another."

The manga is still ongoing and a game comes out soon (and I know the Nendoroid of Umaru was popular enough they are already onto a second release of the figure.)

I expect we will see Umaru and friends return soon enough due to her drive and determination.