Leadup to Tri Week 32- Ai Yori Aoshi

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Half of season 1 this time, so 12 episodes.

Ai Yori Aoshi

Generic ecchi warning, relatively mild.

Subbed on Hulu for free- http://www.hulu.com/ai-yori-aoshi
Subbed on Funimation for free- http://www.funimation.com/shows/ai-yori-aoshi/videos/episodes

Going with a show I had in my back pocket as a 'this will be good at some point' since I'm a bit busy this week.

I remember being introduced to this show via a short that was shown at Anime Expo 2002 and having no idea what it was, but enjoying that it was a harem series that had a different mood and pace to it. Bit unique for a harem show that form moment one the main guy and girl get together, and the only reason any harem element exist is they have to keep their relationship a secret.

I like that while it has it's ecchi and wild moments, the pace of the show is a bit slower than many other anime like this.

While we are watching it subbed, I also recall this being one of the first times I remember in a dub that honorifics were kept.

Great show, enjoy!

The show has more than a few connections on the dub side, for Japanese the only one I recall is that you'll hear Masaru from Savers if you listen closely...

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2
Leadup to Tri Week 13- Please Teacher
Leadup to Tri Week 14- Please Twins
Leadup to Tri Week 15- Waiting in the Summer
Leadup to Tri Week 16- Infinite Stratos
Leadup to Tri Week 17- Dragon Ball
Leadup to Tri Week 18- D-Frag!
Leadup to Tri Week 19- Baka and Test
Leadup to Tri Week 20- Soul Eater
Leadup to Tri Week 21- Yuru Yuri
Leadup to Tri Week 22- Go-Lion
Leadup to Tri Week 23- Ah! My Goddess
Leadup To Tri Week 24- Afro Samurai
Leadup to Tri Week 25- Shin Chan
Leadup to Tri Week 26- Trigun
Leadup to Tri Week 27- Tenchi Universe
Leadup to Tri Week 28- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Leadup to Tri Week 29- Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars
Leadup to Tri Week 30- Nyan Koi!
Leadup to Tri Week 31- The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan

Youtube doesn't have all the episodes, but here is an embed of episode 1 subbed.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished the first season tonight. Per usual, I enjoyed the series pretty well, in spite of a few minor drawbacks. The sickly-sweet romance stuff is a little hard for me to stomach, so many of the Aoi-centric episodes were kind of an annoyance. Aoi herself struck me as rather colorless, as I suppose is only to be expected of the traditional Japanese feminine ideal. She came across less as a real person and more as the embodiment of a male fantasy (albeit not the kind anime usually employs). But I didn't hate her, and the rest of the series was fine. Funny in places, with occasional dramatic moments that ranged from unintentionally amusing to genuinely powerful (the dinner scene in episode 11 being the emotional high point for me). One of these days I'll have to watch the second season as well.