Leadup to Tri Week 28- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Full series that just ended... 13 episodes.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Mild ecchi, some violence.

Subbed on Crunchyroll for free- http://www.crunchyroll.com/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon

Decided after a few requests for a brand new show, to go ahead and go with Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (Danmachi for short.) The one interesting quirk here is, every episode has aired, but the last episode won't be up for Crunchyroll for free viewers until Friday. So time how you watch it.

Danmachi is a very good show. It's characters are likeable, and it plays off known tropes and elements that come up when you play RPGs. Ironically most people's attention seems to have been distracted over a blue string. The show itself I'd say is one of the more enjoyable shows in recent memory, which is why I thought it'd be a good choice.

I admit the title perhaps suggests a show this isn't, which some people have theorized the author did on purpose to rope people in to think it's a harem tale when it really isn't.

Only a few Digimon connections... but at least one that will be of interest to people looking forward to tri. The director of Danmachi did key animation for Digimon movie 3. The actor who plays the main lead played the male version of the main character in Cyber Sleuth. Towards the end of Danmachi the show gains a new character who is a blacksmith, his actor is Yamato's new actor from tri.

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2
Leadup to Tri Week 13- Please Teacher
Leadup to Tri Week 14- Please Twins
Leadup to Tri Week 15- Waiting in the Summer
Leadup to Tri Week 16- Infinite Stratos
Leadup to Tri Week 17- Dragon Ball
Leadup to Tri Week 18- D-Frag!
Leadup to Tri Week 19- Baka and Test
Leadup to Tri Week 20- Soul Eater
Leadup to Tri Week 21- Yuru Yuri
Leadup to Tri Week 22- Go-Lion
Leadup to Tri Week 23- Ah! My Goddess
Leadup To Tri Week 24- Afro Samurai
Leadup to Tri Week 25- Shin Chan
Leadup to Tri Week 26- Trigun
Leadup to Tri Week 27- Tenchi Universe

Here's the OP and ED from Youtube.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, this show: the one with a very popular female lead and a certain trendy blue accessory. From what I've read of the manga, it has a neat world setup, but the character relations/developments are rather average imo. I do find it enjoyable so far, but I'm still puzzled as to how both the anime and manga are rated so high on MAL.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been following this one as it aired. Enjoyable indeed.

It has so much fanservice... and the main male character is always surrounded by gorgeous girls, starting with her own Goddess.

The setting is quite interesting, and those who like classic RPG and dungeon crawlers will find it very appealing. So sad it was only 13 ep long... hope we get a 2nd season.

Agu-Chan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Started on this series last week. Currently on episode 6. Alot of interesting characters. Gotta say the male lead is unusually peppy I don't come across many anime with main characters like that. The series is quite good probably one of the best of the Spring 2015 lineup. I'm not really interested into watching anime that are pure fantasy but this series is one of my few exceptions.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished it last night. I liked it well. The use of RPG tropes in a practical setting was perhaps the most interesting thing about it for me. They even had a super-powered red minotaur, a concept I'm familiar with from the Castlevania series (and which has probably shown up elsewhere to get included here). Given how far they took the RPG thing, I'm surprised they didn't have a mechanism by which defeated adventurers were returned to a safe point, but I guess that would cut down on the tension. The whole thing was over pretty quickly - the party of three wasn't assembled until over halfway through - though I'll watch any new seasons that come out. The references in the last episode to
Zeus and Uranus
interested me.
I wonder if we were to take the grandfather Bell remembers as Zeus. It would fit the dirty old man persona. Can gods be killed in this series? I know they said something about not finding his body.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This looks promising; if it's anything like Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, I'm all in, baby :D

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There will be no 'proper' season 2 of Danmachi for now (I'd guess to let the novels get a bit further.)

Instead they will do an anime series of the spinoff novel series Sword Oratoria.

Sword Oratoria follows the story of Aiz Wallenstein, who people would recognize as the Sword Princess from the normal run of Danmachi.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You said it :p

I will still watch it. It was an enjoyable show.