Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
12 episodes this time.

Very mild action, lots of slapstick comedy with some ecchi for flavor

Subbed on Hulu for free- http://www.hulu.com/d-fragments
Subbed on Funimation for free- http://www.funimation.com/shows/d-fragments/videos

Bit of a swing back to comedy this week.

Group of new delinquents enter a high school and decide it's time for them to take it over. And then they find out a good number of people at the school are psychotic after they get attacked for actually trying to help save the school. And their leader has to join the crazies that caused the problem in the first place.

A very short explanation, but I always enjoy when you get a relatively 'normal' real type person who gets thrown into a crazy world he clearly doesn't understand, nor does he really want to. It'd be sort of like if Frank Grimes had his own TV show.

It's a fun show that leans on the weirdness of much of the cast for comedy.

Not many Digimon connections this time. The male lead played a few minor characters in Frontier, one of the cast members was Lily in her cameo in Re:Digitize, and in a role that shows up later we do get Wizardmon's actor, which is a bit bigger.

Feel free to post as you want and to make any suggestions regarding how I made the thread. Improvements can always be made.

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2
Leadup to Tri Week 13- Please Teacher
Leadup to Tri Week 14- Please Twins
Leadup to Tri Week 15- Waiting in the Summer
Leadup to Tri Week 16- Infinite Stratos
Leadup to Tri Week 17- Dragon Ball

Here's the OP from Youtube.
[video=youtube;G9I21T1LgAw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G9I21T1LgAw[/video]

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I've heard of the name but not much about it. Thanks.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Found it disappointing compared to the manga, but this is a fun series, yeah. The voice actors were chosen well, and the animation is good. Any action or romance is just fodder for comedy, which works quite well here.

It does have boob jokes, but I-I wouldn't say their main purpose is for fanservice...

Cough.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished this series a little early this week, since I'll be too occupied the next few days. I liked it. In a weird kind of way it was like a greatly exaggerated version of some of the crap that happened when I was in grade school (though it more closely resembled my middle school experience than my high school years). I sort of wish the show had been a little longer, since I got to like the various characters, some of whom could possibly have benefited from more time in the spotlight.

By the way, does anyone know what the title refers to?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I know that from the anime's title screen. I just don't understand the significance of it.

Yellow Sky

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. I'll be honest, to begin with the majority of the female characters sort of grated on me, but eventually all the characters became kind of endearing. I also always have a soft spot for the delinquent characters who turn out to be really nice. I also loved how Kenji and his little sister seemed to be the only sane characters in the show - I can definitely say I echoed Kenji every time he was thinking "What the heck is going on here?!"

The majority of the episodes gave me a good chuckle, and there were one or two instances where I actually laughed out loud (it always seemed to be at those Dragon Ball Z inspired scenes like "my son felt the chi before I did! He's already surpassed me!" and "I felt that. It was in Japan!" Not exact quotes but they were something to that effect).

I look forward to watching it again dubbed.