Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
12 episodes this time (just season 1.)

Infinite Stratos

Your average harem ecchi warning.

Subbed on Hulu for free- http://www.hulu.com/infinite-stratos

After a few weeks of milder shows throwing a little bit of action in there (not as much as next week, but a bit this time.)

Infinite Stratos I quite like and not because it's fantastically made (it isn't.) It's a reasonably decent harem/action show that perhaps gets by a bit to much on interesting characters that on more than a few occasions often feel like they aren't really from the same show.

In fact, I'd say my favorite part of the series is just how often it feels like the creator was going through a list of anime tropes. It gives a strange manic feel that is rather entertaining, even if on occasion it can be annoying (the lead has TWO childhood friends who are in love with him and as I recall, neither have seen him in years, nor have the two girls ever met each other.)

It's fun even if it's more than a bit stupid (ok, quite a bit stupid...)

Not much in the way of Digimon connections. In the Japanese version we get Lalamon's actress and Tagiru's actress (she shows up in nearly everything it seems.)

Feel free to post as you want and to make any suggestions regarding how I made the thread. Improvements can always be made.

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2
Leadup to Tri Week 13- Please Teacher
Leadup to Tri Week 14- Please Twins
Leadup to Tri Week 15- Waiting in the Summer

Here's the OP from Youtube.

[video=youtube;hnQ3xS_MiZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hnQ3xS_MiZI[/video]

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I saw one episode of this. This and Freezing. But those are different but similar. May I suggest watching that or is it too ecchi?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have topics where you can suggest stuff, but I wouldn't go with Freezing because I can't vouch for it's content personally.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As usual with series of this length, I went ahead and watched both seasons over the course of the week. I liked it rather well, and won't comment on the tropiness since Marc already mentioned it. On the whole I found myself reminded quite a bit of Date a Live. The range of both the characters and their IS's provides at least the impression of variety, with some of the more interesting IS's (that is, ones with clearer design themes) being introduced in the second season. The way the various antagonists are handled was one of the most interesting aspects of the series for me. The ambiguity of Prof. Shinonono's role is something I noticed, and something that I'll be looking forward to seeing developed if and when the series gets a third season. There are some more substantial mysteries waiting to be cleared up as well.