Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
12 episodes this time

Waiting in the Summer

Some ecchi, nothing major as I recall.

Subbed on Hulu for free- http://www.hulu.com/waiting-in-the-summer
Subbed on Crunchyroll for free- http://www.crunchyroll.com/ano-natsu-de-matteru

After Please Teacher and Please Twins doing the pseudo 'not a remake' of Please Teacher seemed like a good idea. Think of it as to Please Teacher as Summer Wars is to Bokura no War Game. A few of the major people doing a pseudo-remake.

Fans of Please Teacher will notice more than a few elements carried over to this, although some big elements have changed (like no plot elements revolving around one of the main characters being a teacher.)

There's no necessity to having seen Please Teacher or Please Twins here, so if you haven't seen those feel free to join in.

Sentai only gave this a barebones DVD set, but with an OVA a year ago in Japan, hopefully they revisit it on Blu-ray sooner rather than later.

Only 2 Digimon connections here and both are from games. Aya Hisakawa plays Rie Kishibe in Cyber Sleuth and Haruka Tomatsu plays Rina Shinomiya in the various Digimon games she's appeared in (including Cyber Sleuth.)

Perhaps next week we need something a bit more actiony.

Feel free to post as you want and to make any suggestions regarding how I made the thread. Improvements can always be made.

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2
Leadup to Tri Week 13- Please Teacher
Leadup to Tri Week 14- Please Twins

Here's the OP from Youtube.

[video=youtube;YhdEoMRwIfY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YhdEoMRwIfY[/video]

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have nothing good to say about the story of Ano Natsu de Matteru. As a general statement I think it encapsulates everything bad about shounen romance anime, though I will give that it has splendid animation. I may or may not have more to say on this matter in the future.

If you are interested in a cute glasses waifu go snab Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata.

Last edited:

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just watched the first episode. So far, I love the animation -both characters and backgrounds. It is fluid, and quite well-drawn. Music fits perfectly.

My complain, as usual, is harem/ecchi theme. However, I have to admit that the mystery surrounding the girl in glasses caught my attention. The plot seems soft-heartedly enough to keep me engaged (I've watched way too many psychological anime lately), and it also reminds me of my teen years (my friends and I would record some videos when we graduated from high school, during summer).

I'm not sure if I will finish this one, as I want to watch Tsuritama with my sister during this week, and we both are re-watching Digimon Adventure (we just got to MetalGreymon's appearance)

But that last scene, with the unexplained kissed and the boobies part, was completely out of place

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fran, have you seen Please Teacher? Curious to know if your thoughts are based on it being stand alone or if it's based on you having seen the other show.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, I didn't have time, nor I thought I would like it. Also, my opinion is biased (of course, it's an opinion): I might've watched three or four ecchi and/or harem shows in my life, even if mildly, and I usually run away from series which depict bouncing boobies that defy gravity itself.

Last one I watched was Guilty Crown, and although it was a secondary point in the plot, I didn't like anything related to shipping pairs (btw, Guilty Crown has awesome art and effects. Visuals are 10/10, while the story is so-so, too fast paced and few explanatios, until the second half)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, I didn't have time, nor I thought I would like it. Also, my opinion is biased (of course, it's an opinion): I might've watched three or four ecchi and/or harem shows in my life, even if mildly, and I usually run away from series which depict bouncing boobies that defy gravity itself.
I've always had issues with the Please series described as harem. It's never felt quite right (And while it does have it's ecchi moments, minus the final OVA they're rather mild.)

Last one I watched was Guilty Crown, and although it was a secondary point in the plot, I didn't like anything related to shipping pairs (btw, Guilty Crown has awesome art and effects. Visuals are 10/10, while the story is so-so, too fast paced and few explanatios, until the second half)
Guilty Crown I really liked when I first saw it. My memory hasn't been kind to it though, mostly in regards to the second half of it.

If you don't mind me asking, if you didn't watch Please Teacher because you didn't feel you'd like it, any specific reason this one hooked you enough to take a look even though I described it as basically a remake?

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm way too stretch-minded when it comes to describing 'harem'. For me, any show that involves the main character struggling between two or more females will fall within the term.

If you don't mind me asking, if you didn't watch Please Teacher because you didn't feel you'd like it, any specific reason this one hooked you enough to take a look even though I described it as basically a remake?
After looking the weekly post, I go to wikipedia and read the summary/plot. Don't take offense, but you almost never give a hint about what the series are about. I can't decide if I'll watch with just the genre, Digimon connections and what animes it might look like.

Also, although you can't judge a book by its covers, I'm quite nostalgic when it comes to summer holidays during high school years. The title of this one is a clear reference to that.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm way too stretch-minded when it comes to describing 'harem'. For me, any show that involves the main character struggling between two or more females will fall within the term.
I'm not sure Please Teacher had him struggling between girls to be honest.

After looking the weekly post, I go to wikipedia and read the summary/plot. Don't take offense, but you almost never give a hint about what the series are about. I can't decide if I'll watch with just the genre, Digimon connections and what animes it might look like.
I did early on, it seemed to have no effect on if people watched or not, so I stopped as it became a waste of my time (I tend to write more descriptions on what to expect rather than synopsis anyways.)

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure Please Teacher had him struggling between girls to be honest.
Oh, I didn't mean Please Teacher. I was just explaining what my idea of 'harem' is (and I know it's a hardcore point of view)

I get what you do instead of a summary. It gives a more personal touch to the post, since we can always google it for further info.

Also, I watched ep.2 and I still didn't feel a connection to the series other than the setting, which is slowly going into background. I'm probably dropping it, since Tsuritama pleased me more and I can only watch that one until Sunday with my sis xP

Waiting for whatever you recommend on monday!

Agu-Chan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some watchers have theories that perhaps this series is within the same continuity as Please Teacher.

Agu-Chan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I know a couple of them. For the record though I don't believe the series is connected as I know it was never the intention of the author.

1. Ichika is the child of Kei and Mizuno. The spot she looked for on earth was in fact the place where her parents met.
2. Remon is really Ichigo Morino. The viewers say her "stand stills" would allow her to hold on to her youthful appearance for a very long time. Remon even hinted that she was much older than she appeared to be.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, when you said theories I thought you meant people had lists of evidence or such.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finished this series on time but haven't gotten around to posting my thoughts until now. I liked the series pretty well, probably better than I did Please Teacher. Though pretty much every character is analogous to one from the original series, they're distinct characters. The only exception is Remon, whose personality is essentially that of Ichigo in Please Twins, right down to references to her being older than she looks and her wish for her friends to keep "moving forward." It was pretty obvious that she knew Ichika's secret from early on, but it was funny when the MIB turned out to be more than just a joke. And, finally, Rinon was cute, of course. A definite improvement on Marie, in my opinion. Altogether a nice little series.