Leadup to Tri Week 14- Please Twins

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
12 episodes plus a 1 episode OVA. And it's our first sequel we are doing!

Please Twins

Some ecchi content, but not overboard.

Subbed and dubbed on Hulu for free- http://www.hulu.com/please-twins

There was some interest in the chatroom about the various oddities about what happened after Please Teacher, so starting with the 'sequel' Please Twins seemed like a good place to start.

Sort of a sequel but not really... perhaps easier to say it takes place in the same town, but with a completely different plot, mood, and characters. Although familiar characters do pop up, some more than others (and they tease one person a lot...)

It's completely unnecessary to have seen Please Teacher if you just want to watch Twins and generally speaking Twins is also considered to be the better show.

Much like Please Teacher TRSI/Nozomi has rescued this and will be putting out new DVDs soon.

As for Digimon connections, most everyone who was around last time at least cameos. As for new people, the most relevant in each language would be Kenichi Suzumara (Koichi in Frontier) who shows up as one of the new main characters' friends. As for the dub, Lara Jill Miller (Kari in Season 1 and 2) shows up as one of the new main characters.

I wonder if next week we should do the 'this is not a remake of Please Teacher. It is a new show from some of the creators who worked on Please Teacher and is very similiar but is legal distinct' series next week. Thoughts?

Feel free to post as you want and to make any suggestions regarding how I made the thread. Improvements can always be made.

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2
Leadup to Tri Week 13- Please Teacher

Here's the OP.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why not do that one too? It makes sense. But if I didn't just start getting work again, I might try this one. Of course I heard it was better.

Agu-Chan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always found it a little odd that in this series those two from the previous series there relationship is now public knowledge yet it appears everyone seems a okay about it.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished watching the series today. As usual I found it enjoyable, though midway through all the will-they-or-won't-they games of incest chicken got a little repetitive. The sci-fi aspects of the show were minimized, mostly boiling down to a number of funny scenes with Marie, but it didn't really lose much from it. It was nice to see most of the characters from Please Teacher reappear, the only exceptions being Mizuho's mother and sister if the OVA is taken into account, though Ichigo and Matagu are portrayed somewhat differently from before. Even the girl with the dog reappears in the beach episode.

Now for some episode-specific comments. In episode 7, I found it kind of odd that the rooms in that hotel have doorbells. Is that actually the case in some places? In episode 8
we learn that homosexuality actually is a choice
. In episode 9, I think I spotted the dress Ruki wore in Tamers. Speaking of episode 9, it occurred to me that that episode's problems (and those of several other episodes) could have been cleared up rather easily if the characters just carried cellphones. Guess that wouldn't be as fun to watch, though. The end of the last episode
ended up confusing me a little, though watching the OVA cleared it up. I wasn't sure whether it had turned out that Mina and Maiku were siblings or not. The episode's title, the fact that Mina was in the photograph, the coincidence of the eyes, and that there was apparently some record of her in the journal made it seem like they might have been. Maybe she turned out to be a cousin or more distant relative instead of a sister.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Side material has generally said the girl who isn't his sister is
a cousin, although how distant is never made clear.

Perhaps more interesting is in some side/spinoff material, assuming I'm remembering properly, which I may not be... some of this stuff I haven't seen for over a decade...
in the novel or manga adaption... I don't remember which, it actually swaps who is the sister and who isn't.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just started watching it. The ecchi element is good, but I'm glad they didn't make it all-out hentai. The emotional comedy is what makes it worth watching for me. I think I once saw a video clip of Rurouni Kenshin, and Miina kinda reminds me of the girl in the onsen in that scene,
the way she deals with the guy in the car in the first episode. And is it just me, or does Maiku (or Mike, given that he is half-Japanese) have the same voice as Keita from KissXSis (the episodes, not the OADs)?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think so. I checked and couldn't find it. That's Ken Takeuchi.