Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
12 episodes plus a 1 episode OVA.

Please Teacher

Some ecchi content, but not overboard.

Subbed and dubbed on Hulu for free- http://www.hulu.com/please-teacher

I nice fun anime series that was never hugely popular but had a decent audience a number of years ago. Some good comedy, some mild drama, a bit of ecchi. It all fits together rather well. It's one of those times you had a lot of talented people decide to jump into a type of show that had been done before, but make a super polished version of it. And because it's anime, there are also aliens and tiny cute things that like products that one letter off from copyright infringement.

Perhaps the oddest fact is that nearly everyone agrees that the sequel (which is less a sequel and more a spinoff that takes place in the same town) is miles better than the first show, which is already quite good.

TRSI/Nozomi recently license rescued this and plans to do new DVDs of it, which will be nice, as the show has been out of print for a very long time.

As for Digimon connections... so many that I'm not even going to give cast members names, as it'd be to long. But here is a small sample of characters you might hear a bit of if you listen.

Japanese- Masaru, Culumon,
English- Jeri, Henry, Kouki, Gabumon, Rika

Feel free to post as you want and to make any suggestions regarding how I made the thread. Improvements can always be made.

Previous Threads
Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2

Here's the OP.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I've heard of this before. I referenced it when talking about TTGL's Yoko's teacher look. Which is a lot like the teacher in this show. Never saw it though. But heard it was good.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I've heard of this before. I referenced it when talking about TTGL's Yoko's teacher look. Which is a lot like the teacher in this show. Never saw it though. But heard it was good.
It's very good to be honest.

It kind of gets overshadowed in memories with just how good it's sequel was though.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That makes sense. I've heard that I think. Didn't they have some sort of remake or spin off too?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished the series today. I liked it pretty well, and may try the spin-off series eventually. By the way, Marc, what's the name of that spiritual remake you mentioned in chat?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Depending on if you go with translation or not the title of the spiritual remake could either be:
Waiting in the Summer
Ano Natsu de Matteru

The main writer and initial designs were done by the same people who did the same for Please Teacher (and Twins.)

It appears they got done waiting to see if a 3rd series would ever be approved so went off and 'remade' Teacher (ironically with no teacher.)

And the designs in the show ended up being done by someone else (who often does designs for shows of the director of Ano Natsu) which further differentiated it visually even though it's still pretty obvious the show is a pseudo remake.

The OP

I may just throw up Please Twins as the show for next week or maybe Waiting in the Summer.