Leadup to Kizuna & : Week 33- Heroman

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Gundam Thunderbolt being a bit more serious, going a bit light with something a bit more comfort food style this time.

Heroman!

No real warnings.

The series can be watched on the following officially:
Subbed on Crunchyroll

The show is 26, but let's say 13, right in half.

Heroman is a pretty good action show about a boy and a robot. You could even say it was once destined for great things until licensing and plans fell apart... so it sits subbed only on Crunchyroll without a proper release on disc.

It's a pretty enjoyable show and it looks really nice.

The basic concept was by Stan Lee, along with writing the manga. Various things in the show were based on conversations between Stan Lee and the producer (most notably the name 'Joey Jones' fitting the alliterative naming style Lee used with many characters.)

The show has a few Digimon connections, including one big one to the new movie:

Unsho Ishizuka plays Gogol in Heroman. In Digimon Tamers he was Vajramon.
Masafumi Kimura plays Stallion in Heroman. In Digimon he's played a number of smaller roles, but is probably best known as Whamon from Adventure.
plays Denton in Heroman. In Digimon he's had a few roles, but is best known as Yushima in Savers.
Akatsuki Yamatoya was the series composer for Heroman, and wrote most of the series. For Digimon h

I've embedded the episode preview for episode 1 as a preview:

Feel free to post as you wish in this thread. You can post as you are watching, episode by episode, when you finish. Whatever you want. Try and give it a couple days for later spoilers so people have time to try and view stuff without spoilers, while still interacting in the thread (especially if you decide to keep watching past the episode listed as the last one for the leadup.) If you watch one episode and it isn't for you, pop in to explain why. Have fun with it!

A new show/movie will go up each Sunday night (or early on Monday), but feel free to keep talking about older shows in their threads, or even watching past the listed episode.

If you want to chat in the Discord you can.

Hopefully you enjoy. Feel free to make any suggestions or ask an questions regarding the threads or the shows also.

Prior Leadups:
Final Leadup to tri.- Gundam Unicorn (with index of tri. Leadup)
Leadup to Kizuna Week 1- Gundam Build Fighters
Week 2- Kimagure Orange Road
Week 3 (and 4)- Lupin the 3rd Part 4
Week 4 Movie- Redline
Week 5- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Week 6- Voltron
Week 7 (Devkyu Guest Slot!)- That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Week 8- Laid-Back Camp
Week 9- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Week 10- Yowamushi Pedal
Week 11- Demon King Daimao
Week 12 (onkei Guest Slot!)- Aggretsuko
Week 13- Kill la Kill
Week 14- Super Gals
Week 15 (and 16)- Yu Yu Hakusho
Week 16 Short Series- Please Tell Me! Galko-chan
Week 17 (Classic Leadup)- Tenchi Muyo
Week 18 (Devkyu Guest Slot 2!)- Dragon Pilot: Hisone & Masotan
Week 19- The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Week 20 (Logan Guest Slot)- The Legend of Black Heaven
Week 21 (Classic Leadup)- Haganai
Week 22- Ultraman
Week 23- SSSS.Gridman
Week 24- Haruka Nogizaka's Secret
Week 25 (Classic Leadup)- Tenchi Universe
Week 26- Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warriors
Week 27- Gundam NT
Week 28- Interviews with Monster Girls
Week 29- Dragon Quest: Your Story & Ni no Kuni
Week 30 (Classic Leadup)- Soul Eater
Week 31- Kamen no Maid Guy
Week 32- Gundam Thunderbolt

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like Heroman was one of those anime that I really wanted to hear in English and was waiting for that which is why I never got to it.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a little late giving my thoughts on this one (I watched the whole series), but I liked it very well. It was interesting to see an anime with such a distinctly American setting, and I found it funny that the human villain was the only character of Japanese descent. It would be nice if the series eventually got a sequel, though it was my impression that the little stinger scene at the end was just something for fun rather than an actual sequel hook, and I'm not sure if they'd want to do it now that Stan Lee has passed away. It's been a while anyway. If I had any quibbles with the show, it would probably be the rather unceremonious disposal of Nick and Will. I wasn't sure if they were really dead, and actually had to rewatch part of the last episode just now to figure out when and how Will made his exit.