Leadup to Data Squad- Month 4- September - Tenchi Muyo!

SeiferA

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the debut of Data Squad now just a month away, we come to one last month, and with that another great and legendary anime series that is Tenchi Muyo!

Initially starting as an OVA, the series grew to an actual TV series, manga, light novel and even a few games here and there. Many anime fans regard Tenchi as THE anime series that got them into the anime scene in general.

The dub cast for GXP includes a few voice actors from the Digimon series. Dorothy Elias-Fahn plays Amane (Lillymon in 01 and 02, Maria, Otamamon and Rosa in 02, Babamon, Curly, Harpymon and Mrs. Wong in Tamers and Floramon and TorikaraBallmon in Frontier), Barbara Goodson plays Ryoko Balta (Nancy Takaishi in 01 and 02, DarkLizardmon and Rika's Grandmother in Tamers and Burgermon in Frontier), Bob Papenbrook as NB (Centarumon, ShogunGekomon and Veggiemon in 01, Daemon in 02 and Murmuxmon in the Frontier movie), Kirk Thornton as Seiryo Tennan (Gabumon in 01 and 02, Mummymon and Eldest Poi Brother in 02, Mr. Matsuki, Takato's Father in Tamers and Gabumon and Tsunomon in Frontier) and Wendee Lee plays Kiriko Masaki (T.K. in 01, Leafmon, Mina, Minomon and Mrs. Ichijouji in 02, Jen Wong, Mako, Marine Angemon and Daisy in Tamers, Swanmon in Frontier and Bearmon in the Frontier Movie, along with being a director of the first season).

Rebecca Forstadt, who played Erma, also helped with the scripts for 01, 02 and Tamers, while Wendee Lee, who plays Kiriko Masaki, directed Digimon Season 1.

So what is there to like about the series?

What is there NOT to like about it?

... oh... right. Tenchi in Tokyo. Let's ignore that series exist unless you're BIG into monster of the week shows.

The originial OVA (Ryo-Ohki) set the standards of the series, with the engaging plot, the interesting characters and the insane humor the series has with it. The TV series (Universe in the dub series) follows along with the OVA's formula but puts more emphasis on Ryoko. And GXP is it's own little spin off series in the timeline of the OVA, inspired a bit by the previous two series (but with more Shinichi Watanabe in it [of Excel Saga fame], since... well, he's the director of this series too)

The Tenchi series is well known for it's comedy, it's action and general drama, so if you haven't checked it out yet... then buddy are you missing out on one of the greatest anime series out there.

As always, the theme best represents the awesomness of the characters from the Tenchi series. If you want to adjust the theme, as always, go to "look and layout" on "my preferances".

Discuss!

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay, Tenchi! I don't know why but for some reason last year on several occasions I mentioned to a friend that I wanted my own Cabbit, preferbably one with the ability to turn into a space ship, but any cabbit would would be cool.

Heck the only problem I would see with having a Cabbit would be trying to find a place to stash it while in school, couldn't exactly let it roam around town, and in space ship form it would draw to much attention. And I certainly couldn't keep it with me in class, or put it in my locker. But I never really thought of any of that stuff till now so yeah.

If you couldn't tell I'm a Tenchi Muyo fan, sadly however I never got around to watching any of GXP, planned to bye the Dvds time and time again, but have yet to watch any of it.

DigistarDBZ

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I can't say it was the anime that got *me* into anime in general, I did watch this while it was on Toonami and I was thoroughly entertained. :)

SeiferA

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Santaskid link=topic=4802.msg64351#msg64351 date=1188639476]
Yay, Tenchi! I don't know why but for some reason last year on several occasions I mentioned to a friend that I wanted my own Cabbit, preferbably one with the ability to turn into a space ship, but any cabbit would would be cool.

Heck the only problem I would see with having a Cabbit would be trying to find a place to stash it while in school, couldn't exactly let it roam around town, and in space ship form it would draw to much attention. And I certainly couldn't keep it with me in class, or put it in my locker. But I never really thought of any of that stuff till now so yeah.

If you couldn't tell I'm a Tenchi Muyo fan, sadly however I never got around to watching any of GXP, planned to bye the Dvds time and time again, but have yet to watch any of it.
[/quote]

Cabbits are the coolest and cutest rabbits-like creatures in any media. Ever.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn´t Dorothy Elias-Fahn also announced as the Voice of Raramon ?

Tenchi Muyo is for sure one funny Anime.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Applauds SeiferA*

GREAT choice. Tenchi is actually tied with Digimon as my favorite anime.

There, I've said it.

SakuyamonX

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DigistarDBZ said:
While I can't say it was the anime that got *me* into anime in general, I did watch this while it was on Toonami and I was thoroughly entertained

Same here, but I really do love Tenchi ^^; The Sailor Moon/Mahou Shoujo parody Pretty Sammy also gets points in my book.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome. That is a favorite show of mine and My favorite girl is Ryoko. But in one version of the show, he's related to darn near every girl. He can't win sometimes.
I never saw GXP, and I want to see the last OVA but I only saw one episode. A bunch of times.