Lavogaritamon & Volcanicdramon Previews for Booster Set 2, Plus New Commercial

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New card previews from the Digimon Card Game!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with more card previews from Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power. This time it's Lavogaritamon & Volcanicdramon cards.

These red cards finish off the main evolution levels of Vorvomon, one of the main Digimon introduced in Digimon Linkz/Links. His two earlier levels, Vorvomon & Lavorvomon, were 2 of the earlier Booster Set 2 Cards we saw. Kisuke drew all 4 Digimon, continuing with the same very nice painted texturey look across all 4 cards, giving them a pretty fantastic and impressive feel.

On top of that, we have a new 30 second commercial for the Digimon Card Game...

The commercial has a heavy focus on showing off battling, along with elements of Booster Set 2.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power is scheduled to release on July 22nd.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 2:

Attachments

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Volcanicdramon coming out of the card border is cool, not many arts in card games do that.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Volcanicdramon
<Security Attack +1>
[When Played] delete all of your opponent's Digimon with 4000 DP or less

Dynamicmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Volcanicdramon
<Security Attack +1>
[When Played] delete all of your opponent's Digimon with 4000 DP or less
assuming that is the verbatim ability, then rookie swarm decks might have some trouble

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anti-Swarmers are always nice, but 11 Cost to activate that is pretty steep. Hopefully Red gets some cheaper alternatives to back this up.

The art on both are really good though.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Volcanicdramon looks pretty amazing honestly. I like how they went for a looser more dynamic style on him compared to the rest of his line, which really brings out the sense of energy and destructiveness.
I also like that they show Lavogaritamon standing on the ground, because that really accentuates the strangely humanoid style of his torso, which was always something that made him stand out from the other levels.

Volcanicdramon coming out of the card border is cool, not many arts in card games do that.
Pretty much all cards of Ultimate Digimon have that style, I don't think I've seen a single one (outside attack/option cards) staying inside the border.
Now for Digimon below Ultimate that effect seems to be reserved for a few parallel cards.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anti-Swarmers are always nice, but 11 Cost to activate that is pretty steep. Hopefully Red gets some cheaper alternatives to back this up
it's because you get both the ability and a 10,000 DP level 6 <security attack +1> on the board and this is the first ability that actually straight up deletes the level 3 swarm Digimon (although this isn't as special as very few level 3s survive Neko Punch), so having all of that at once pushes up the play cost.
I do agree though that it would be nice if Red got this ability for more cheap on other cards as Red is the color that can directly destroy cards off of just paying Memory so this ability would be right at home in the color other places

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anti-Swarmers are always nice, but 11 Cost to activate that is pretty steep. Hopefully Red gets some cheaper alternatives to back this up
it's because you get both the ability and a 10,000 DP level 6 <security attack +1> on the board and this is the first ability that actually straight up deletes the level 3 swarm Digimon (although this isn't as special as very few level 3s survive Neko Punch), so having all of that at once pushes up the play cost.
I do agree though that it would be nice if Red got this ability for more cheap on other cards as Red is the color that can directly destroy cards off of just paying Memory so this ability would be right at home in the color other places
I imagine that this could benefit Belphemon much more than back in Cyber Sleuth + Hacker's Memory, though either way, Volcanicdramon might suffer a drop in relevancy unless he gets his own Option card.