Last Evolution Kizuna Artwork by Yu Yuen-wong, Digimon Manhua Creator

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A fun early surprise for the week!

We don't often get to discuss Yu Yuen-wong, but it's always fun when we can, as many people remember his work quite well...

A quick text overview of his Digimon work from a prior article:
As was often discussed, these weren't actually manga, but actually Chinese manhua by Yu Yuen-wong. These comic adaptions of the various anime were decently known back then. Adventure, 02, and Tamers got an American release (not to mention a number of other countries), while Frontier never did (although notably it did get an English release elsewhere that people would try and import.)

Prior to these he worked on a V-Pet based Digimon manhua known as 'Fight! Digital Monsters', and after the anime adaptions ended he worked on a manhua based on the Pendulum X V-Pets known as 'D-Cyber'.

Jumping to explain the new art above, he was invited to a screening of Last Evolution Kizuna by the company distributing the movie in China.

The artwork features Taichi and Agumon from Adventure, with both of them from Last Evolution appearing larger in the image with clouds flying behind them, while they are both waving goodbye, and it appears they have tears in their eyes.

A photo of his ticket and a promotional gift, along with the message he posted:
Thank to the movie company for the invitation to see Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.
Big movie, memories, growing up, evolution, reflection, I was touched and moved, with a mood of mixed feelings šŸ„ŗ
This image will not be my last drawing of Digimon.

Just a fun little piece of art and some details for someone who was involved with the franchise for a number of years getting to see the new movie and still appreciating the franchise.

The art is reposted with his permission from his Facebook, and he had a short message he wished for me to pass along:
Thank you everyone for loving my Digimon drawings šŸ’Ŗ

Attachments

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still need to see Last Evolution, I really wish a streaming service would find a way to offer it.
I find it curious that both depictions of Yu Yuen-wong's Agumon in this piece have white markings beneath its claws. Is this a detail Agumon has had before?

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still need to see Last Evolution, I really wish a streaming service would find a way to offer it.
I find it curious that both depictions of Yu Yuen-wong's Agumon in this piece have white markings beneath its claws. Is this a detail Agumon has had before?
I do think Last Evolution will be in theaters once the virus thing is passed...like in Taiwan it is already showing in cinemas and got a lot of praise from moviegoers. As for the white marks I think it is just the artist's unique art style...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh nice that's really cool. Glad they did that for him with his history in the franchise and nice drawing.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is pretty cool. Nice to see someone like him get something. You might figure he would but still.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The drawing is amazing so much small details which really make the picture. I love the shadows.