MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon TCG Twitter has put up a few tweets with art from the upcoming Version 0.0 pack. They're put up 6 preview images.

The 0.0 promo pack was shown off during DigiNavi last week.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Based on what info we have, this will be a pre-release promo pack for the game, and it appears it'll be given away as a promotional item at some point soon.

As for the better look at the art...

The first, which they shared the larger image of a few days ago is the image at the top of the art from the Agumon card by sasasi, which we detailed previously.

Now we have 5 larger pieces of art, a few artist names were made out by people previously, but we have nice big images with easy to read credits!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some neat art, with them all in very actiony poses.

Details of the artists...

Gabumon is drawn by As'Maria- Long time Digimon illustrator, most known for his work on the X-Antibody Digimon.
Patamon is drawn by Nakano Haito- Artist who began to work on Digimon stuff a bit over half a decade ago, including quite a few cards.
Tailmon is drawn by Tonamikanji. I think this is their first time drawing Digimon. They've worked on the Capcom, Bandai, Sega crossover Project X Zone 2, Summon Night 6, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, among other titles.
Piyomon is drawn by Kisuke. They've previously done a number of Digimon for the Battle Spirits card game including: Megadramon, MegaSeadramon, SkullSatamon, Centalmon, Dobermon, and Wendimon.
Gomamon is drawn by Takumi Kousaka. A quick search isn't pulling up much, but will give it another look later.

The one that stands out the most to me is As'Maria's Gabumon, if only because we are so used to seeing armored Digimon from him, so to see Gabumon is something that feels different.

More from the new Digimon Card game soon!

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tonami kanji is very good, some of his characters in Xenoblade chronicles 2 are gorgeous (Pandoria and Mythra :eek: ) so i have high hopes for other digimon draw by him. Just looking at Tailmon and there is no doubt that he will do a fine job.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As'maria's artstyle towards non-armored digimon looks sorta 3D-ish. It's weird, some of artists' artstyle looks so softer in new card board compared to older card sets. Maybe the new card's frame have so much spacious for freedom to draw?

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As'maria's artstyle towards non-armored digimon looks sorta 3D-ish. It's weird, some of artists' artstyle looks so softer in new card board compared to older card sets. Maybe the new card's frame have so much spacious for freedom to draw?
Mmm you have apoint, and maybe yes the frame will have more space for the artist to put there more details; or at least i really hope so, i don't wanna see card like the first digimon TCG or the yu gi oh monster card wich doesn't have nothing back of the monster

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would like the xenoblade 2 designer to design a siren like digimon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I too am surprised to see Asmaria draw a normal Digimon, that's pretty cool. I really like these arts, they remind me of the battle spirits ones and theyre so much better than the cards theyve made in the past.

Also the guy who did Summon Night 6, that means he worked with Media Vision and Habu (they made that game and he was producer), so he might've done some stuff for Cyber Sleuth/Hackers, etc. Or at the least those connections helped him get a part in this due to knowing the right people.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gomamon looks really off for some reason - the body looks too big and flat, I think? The others look great.