Large Tamer Exchange Meeting Online in Japan on January 23rd, New Play Mat Announced, For Sale Early at Event

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

With the first Bandai TCG Online Lobby test events seemingly going well, we have the announcement of a larger proper event to use the service in January.

Announced on the Digimon Card Game site, with more details via the video above (featuring Cocolo), the Large Tamer Exchange Meeting Online will take place on January 23rd. This will be a large online version of the Tamer Exchange Meeting events.

It will be a 3 hour (up to 6 match) tournament style event with no age restriction for people to play the game together.

It appears matches will be decided between players on their own, with staff support in putting together matches if necessary.

For newer players who apply and get in, there will also be a room dedicated to teaching.

One shot during the video also seems to show off a number of familiar faces from Digimon Card Battle & Fun Digica will be taking part also.

Applications will be open here through January 8th.

The video itself goes over the event, along with showing how the Bandai TCG Online Lobby service works.

In addition, as something to purchase during the event...

A new playmat featuring WarGreymon will be sold at the event (featuring his art from ST1-11.)

The price of the mat wasn't announced yet, and it will not be exclusive to the event, although those who buy it at the event will get it significantly earlier than everyone else.

Those who pre-order it at the online event will get it in February. The mat will also be sold on Premium Bandai, and ship in June.

Booster Set 4 is out in Japan!

We have clean card images for Booster Set 4 Great Legend.

We also have begun to get details about Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, including our first look at art via DigiNavi! It's scheduled for release on February 26th.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards

Attachments

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that WarGreymon reminds me of when I would mess around with red filters as a kid, for example:

I would have preferred if they used the original card art unedited as that would have just looked a lot better.
As for Bandai TCG Online, I hope I get to experience that at some point, it's very interesting to me

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does sound like a fun idea. Though there's is one thing I think of. Though Japan is better at this then the US. Still really cool.

MechaMadness

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope they continue to push the Online aspect of the TCG in English. Availability of the Pre-Sale aside, I really liked that they hosted a webcam tournament for the English launch and TCG Lobby would be a nice extension of that if the service ever gets brought outside of Japan. There's the obvious elephant in the room considering alot of places can't host in-person events given the state of the world at the moment, but it's also just nice to have this for people in more rural areas that may have a smaller scene.