Kumamon Adventure Collaboration Announced!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another collaboration for Kizuna!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A bit of a different collaboration for Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna this time.

While Digimon Adventure is in the midst of it's 20th Anniversary celebration, Kumamon, the mascot character of Kumamoto is celebrating his 10th.

They have combined for the Kumamon Adventure Collaboration!

The collaboration key art poster is based on the composition of the Kizuna teaser poster. Kumamon and Agumon are holding hands in front of Kumamoto Castle. And if you look at the Kizuna logo in the top right, you'll notice instead of saying Digimon it says Kumamon.

500 of these posters will be placed in major tourist facilities in Kumamoto Prefecture such as (but not limited to): Kumamoto Castle, Kumammon Village, Kumamon Square, Johsaien, the Water Science Museum, and the Kumamoto City Museum.

The collaboration will also carry over to Kyushu Sanko Bus company. In Kumamoto Prefecture they will have a special Collaboration Memorial Interior Gallery Bus in Kumamoto City. The interior will contain Kizuna and Kumamon content.

The bus begins on February 21st, the release date of the movie, and runs until March 20th. It will run on 2 routes:
Route 1: Kojima (or Gochou) -- Sakuramachi Bus Terminal -- via Kenchou [Prefectural office] -- Kiyama
Route 2: Seibushako -- Sakuramachi Bus Terminal -- Kusunoki-danchi

They will also have a prize campaign on Twitter where items related to the collaboration will be won by a lottery system.

More details of this collaboration will be announced later (likely collaboration goods for the Twitter prizes.)

While not mentioned, details announced during Digimon News Navigation seems possible.

Update- Thanks to onkei the route information for the bus has been updated above.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I... Didn't see that coming. Bearmon and Chakkumon should be chosen instead. I wonder if Digimon will do this often with collaborations and crossovers afterwards?

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This guy fits perfectly between Gryzmon and Callismon XD
I hope they make him into an actual Digimon.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He's already a Yokai in Yokai Watch, they call him Harry Barry in the translated version.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's what I was going to say. That's how I know them. This is pretty cool.

Kakashi_Hatake

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is pretty cool. More publicity for Digimon. Although most people not familiar with anime but have kids would probably go, "Oh its Pokemon".
I don't know much about Kumamoto, but I do know a lot of manga artists have drawn their own version of Kumamon.
Edit: Ohh right its a Mascot for a prefecture. I see I remember seeing prefecture mascots when I was in Japan. The one for Kobe is a bird right?

This is my favourite. (Probably because I love AOT.)

Last edited: